Swiftcurrent Creek Save some face; you know you've only got one
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
963 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The man seemed confused—Akavir could relate as he began to feel a certain snowball effect come upon him—except this snowball was a behemoth—waiting to swallow him as it grew upon all sides.

“She’s nervous around healers… Her sister died and she’s resistant to even visiting them,” he began, offering this slowly. Something he felt Lestan or Reverie would have shared with the man—and only realizing now his grave mistake of leaving this information out.

The idea that the girl would go with him if he asked seemed almost naive to Akavir—particularly if the man wanted to separate her and Lestan. He couldn’t imagine either agreeing to it. “I need to go to Riverclan myself—maybe for a week, maybe for more… My pups need milk and their mother is missing… An Ash Paw is going to help supplement them.” He paused, weary to the bone. “Lestan and Reverie have their autonomy… I’m not their keeper. I want to see them better… But it’s ultimately up to them.” Had he realized the man would come to him with treatment plans and requesting permission for things that should have been up to the duo—he didn’t know if he would have so eagerly accepted the assistance.

“Arric is in charge while I’m gone. I understand if you decide to leave, too, for now… But he might be able to assist you better with Reverie, at least. They’re friends.”

And then, though he didn't feel it needed to be said, he could not keep the nagging feeling in his chest: "If Reverie is being agreeable because she's high on mushrooms... That's not her giving consent," he then pointed out, his own tone firming, despite the insult it might bear to the other.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Save some face; you know you've only got one - by Akavir - April 24, 2023, 07:03 AM