Swiftcurrent Creek that autumn chill · pack meeting [r2 ends 10/04]
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
1,143 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Why didn't y'all tell me I derped and put April 10th as a date...

So sorry for the delay. Life got messy for a bit. Will try to push this along. Say next round can begin Oct. 4? Since apparently I like the number 4.

They trickled in—a few with blows to his heart that were missed or not understood. He was rigid—but he always remained so, and a nudge was given to Arric, though the flash in his eyes held the surprise he felt at the man’s chosen words.

Now was not the time—and soon, Mae and Cygnet flocked to him on either side—also, each earning a nudge from the Mayfair. His girls.

The new faces that arrived drew his attention—particularly the more youthful members of the creek. Only last year it had been a brood of his own—time was fickle.

Lestan drew forward—Pukei, who he offered a small smile, though it did not reach his eyes. He did manage to hold back the wince at her words.

Etienne, who he was only vaguely familiar with in passing.

A she-wolf, Yukimi, who he was not. Youthful—vibrant.

He blew out a sigh, his smile wane as he cast his eyes over the gathered once more. “Welcome,” he rumbled, his shoulders rolling back in a light stretch, as if he could ease the tension in his muscles through such a simple action.

“Thank you for coming. I’ll be to the point—hopefully. If you don’t know, recently, my eldest daughter passed. There is a sickness lurking in the Wilds—I urge you all to remain vigilant when dealing with others. It’s highly contagious—“ but here, he broke off, his eyes flickering over each youthful attendee. He didn’t want to strike fear in them. He didn't want to begin an introduction to the darker aspects of growing up. “Please come see myself, Arlette or Arric for more details on its symptoms and what we know… But this meeting…” He paused, glancing down to a paw quickly, before soldiering on. “Lilitu wouldn’t want this cloud to hang over us. So I bring maybe some news… The Creek has been invited to what an alliance of packs, the Moon packs, I gather, are calling a ‘Great Hunt.’ I believe some of us should attend—network.”

Or, to at least gather insight on the many packs that resided within their reach. “We need some to stay, and maintain the borders as well. So, the invitation is open—who wants to go?”
Messages In This Thread
that autumn chill · pack meeting [r2 ends 10/04] - by Akavir - September 06, 2024, 02:39 PM
RE: that autumn chill · pack meeting [r1 ends 04/10] - by Akavir - September 27, 2024, 02:43 PM