Moonspear The Creature From the Black Lagoon
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Somehow, Keres was not surprised at the woman's appreciation of the story subjects. She seemed very much the type to align with such things. The words that followed the immediate response, however, gave the grey woman reason to allow her lips to curl in equal disdain. How foolish. Hypocritical, even. She mused, storing that information away. She made her conclusion quick, a smirk overtaking the previous frown. They're just jelaous.

The condolences were received with a gentle hum and a nod, acknowledging them with the simple gesture. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate it -- she did -- but over time, she had grown tired of hearing the same words that did not do much to aid a still healing wound. Thank you, and yes. He was struck down by a sleaze of a wolf, a traitor to our pack attempting to frame him for something that had happened previously. Keres, unwilling to betray the pain that yet lurked within, continued after a beat.

The traitor met a much worse fate than my mate. Green eyes darkened as the memory replayed, the sweet taste of vengeance still heavy on the proverbial tongue.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
They're fools, Hydra added with plenty of conviction in her voice, sometimes I think they are not long for the world... but many have pity for such folk. It extends their mortality, I have found, she drawled sighingly, much the same way one would say what a shame

Hearing the others story caused Hydra to frown; but as it came to a conclusion, Hydra pressed her own shoulder against her newfound sisters. Good, she drawled, as he should have. She would have offered her assistance, were the scoundrel somehow still alive and if his face was ever shown here... but Keres was a capable woman, and Hydra was glad that the woman had slayed the true villain in the end. Sorry did precious little, but receiving justice... knowing that no more awful things could come from at least that one bastard because you put an end to them... that did plenty. That brought sleep at night where sorry never would; that brought peace in the heart where sorry brought a pinprick of sadness to think of it. 

It did not change the truth of it. Hydra was sorry to hear it, but knowing the man was avenged by his own Keres meant there was one less wolf to add upon her hitlist.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
"Good."

The word resonated with her, the press of a shoulder sending shockwaves across her nerves. Keres knew that feeling well, even if it had been a distant memory until now. She knew, with firm sense of finality, that she was home.