and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
when/if u have time <3

a ration of meat and a day of rest. first his red-girl gone, and then the ravenlord as well, gone after their daughter no doubt. merrick had been scarce about ursus, not returning for many days at a time; when he was home he skulked about and sought aventus, speaking of the things he felt the bear prince must know.
snow and snow; he had climbed atop the high rock at the mouth of the valley and faced into it, squinting with a single eye he he howled into the alabaster deluge a song for those who had not returned, and when it had ended, he was put into mind of @Evien.
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
Unlike his two co-leads, Evien had spent the majority of his time recently within the confines of Ursus' borders. He rarely even entered the fields just outside the valley, preferring to stay nearby just in case his packmates needed him. He tried not to think too much of their missing wolves, because it was all too tempting to go out in search of them, but it was still something that weighed heavily on his shoulders.

The snow was not welcomed any longer. Evien had a hard time getting around as it was, without the aid of a never ending cascade of snow. Still, he made his way to Merrick immediately after the coywolf's song ended, approaching him with a bit more hitch to his step than normal.

"Welcome back," he greeted, approaching the man and brushing their muzzles together affectionately. "You called for me?"
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
evien. so staunch he had been in leadership. merrick brushed his snowcovered coat against that of the bruin-leaf and was content for a long moment. "ursus is getting smaller," he remarked though it felt garbled in his mouth, melting ice that threatened his lips.
"i thought she would come back by now." his words half-snatched away by the wind. merrick's scar-laden brow furrowed, and for a long moment he was very perturbed and rather unlike himself. by she, he could have meant his daughter or his beloved — and a low despair sounded in his throat.
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
"We'll be alright. We started this way," he voiced aloud, seeking to comfort the bruin-witch. Ursus had started small, and it was okay. Fewer mouths to feed, fewer bodies to heal, less chance for sickness. Really, it was better this way. 

But maybe not without Astara and Avicus. 

His own chest ached at the thought of the two - Astara moreso, but also the child. He'd never really gotten to know her extremely well, but there wasn't anything he wouldn't do for her. It'd been that way since before she and her brother were even born. "I miss them, too," he admitted softly, not stepping away from the other man. "But they'll come back. They're both strong, and they know how to take care of themselves. And if they got hurt, I'll take care of them when they get back," he assured. When, not if. Evien had no idea if the two of them really were okay or not, but... they had to have faith.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
evien was unlike any other wolf who had come through ursus, and yet he had become a pillar of strength to them. and to merrick, who silently thanked the bear for bringing him to their valley. it was a good thing in the sight of all who saw to know such loyalty existed, and henceforth the man would be twined to their stories forever.
"you're right," the coywolf relented, deciding to draw upon the vague allusion to hope. "one has killed. one is ready to kill." the thought pleased him, numbed him.
a caricature of a brief smile staggering across his scarred mouth. "without you my son would not have lived. if any could bring life to a wounded daughter, it would be you."