Duskfire Glacier schroff
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
All Welcome 
he's wanting @Wintersbane but absolutely aw <3

when wylla returned, mahler was away fulfilling his promise of a visit to duskfire.
as usual, he brought with him a gift. this time it was a length of fragrant bark for the greencough that often visited children in winter. made into a paste or mixed with water, it would be soothing.
the man set his burden upon the ground. the days remained warm, but he was attuned to the cooling of the breezes, and crooned a polite note to be joined upon the borders.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
<3!

plans made with good intentions had led wintersbane to face the fact that they were unlikely.

with the disappearance of his beta — months ago now — to the insistent growing of the children of duskfire glacier has left wintersbane duty bound to his claim. unfortunate that he could not spare the time to visit those of whom he counted among friends and trusted allies. something always seemed to pull him back and remind him that he couldn't just take off.

luckily, he does not have to let the guilt of idle kept promises nibble at him for mahler's call rises over the tide of the glacier's treeline and wintersbane is quick to intercept.

mahler, the tundrian rumbles the graf's name in greeting; tail wagging with amicable joy. glad to see the gargoyle of rivenwood.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
<333!

it was not long before the ruler of the glacier himself came along. "vintersbane," mahler proffered in an answering roll of baritone, a wave of his tail accompanying it. "king vith many medics and many children. ve keep stock of your accomplishments from afar."
it was a tease, but he was truly happy to see his brother. "i am still searching for vorripa," the graf said at last, more solemnly. "sometimes i think he has found his mother."
a quick, dispelling smile. "tell me vhat has gone on since you vere king."
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Despite how smoothly life was going for her in Duskfire, recent days found Tzila rattled. It seemed her past had come back to haunt her in the form of Astaroth. Give or take a year later, after he left. Temporarily, he said. And now, now, when she had gotten over all her heartache, loss and bitterness, he dared to show himself again. Before a new version of herself. A better version. Reborn into the woman she had always wanted to be. She had a husband, not a non-committal. She had a family. Three new children. A new pack and a new role.

Clenching her teeth at the thought, she would not let these unexpected turn of events pull her down now. The negativity was behind her. That chapter of her life was over. All she demanded now of Astaroth was an explanation. Insisted that he knew of the damage that had been done. It was not so much about her or him, but that Sotiris was out there somewhere, hopefully alive.

A call came from the borders. A friendly one. Finally, something else she could focus on. She still led alongside Wintersbane, the job keeping her on her toes. Her mate had his paws full enough as it is, between managing the pack and the pups. A smoothly functioning partnership was one where both parties shared the duties equally. With Meerkat around, being a capable young wolf, she could rest easy in knowing the children would be looked after and entertained while she was away. 

Upon her arrival, Wintersbane was already there, conversing with a dark man she had never seen before. But he smelled of a pack, and their mannerisms were nothing short of friendly. So then, he must be from their allies, in Rivenwood. Could this be Mahler, who she had heard about? Approaching quietly by her co-leads side, she left them room to finish their sentences. Silvered eyes glinted with a warm shine, a slight smile curving at the line of her lips. She had assumed correctly, hearing the name slip from Wintersbane's mouth. Dipping her head. "Mahler. So good to finally meet you at last. I am Tzila, partner to Wintersbane and one of the Glacier's guardians."
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
tags for reference! <3

given my penchant for collecting scars i like to think there is no such thing as too many medics. the tundrian grins; with a laugh rumbling in his chest. in truth, the medics all found their way to him but perhaps it is cosmic intervention that draws them to duskfire glacier; some secretive, subtle voice that assures them their talents will not go to waste with the scarred king that leads them.

worripa, a grim switch from the previous teasing topic. @Meerkat filled me in. i have my wolves keeping a keen eye out for him during their patrols and hunts outside our claim. it does not feel like enough; far from it, in fact ...but if the runaway didn't want to be found he'd do his best to avoid others. this, wintersbane knew from first hand experience.

he spent much of his own cubhood fleeing and causing trouble. i will take a couple days and search for him a bit more extensively. i know a thing or two about being a runaway. a twitch of his lips is given ...and though he hopes his experience might help he does not give mahler false promises.

wintersbane is mid-debrief when tzila appears at his side; his words falling away as she gives her greeting. tzila, mahler is graf of rivenwood and my brother, not by blood but by bond despite that their initial path could've been very rocky given shared affection for his late wife andraste. we used to lead together, once upon a time. if wintersbane had told her about it, he does not immediately call it to mind and figures that re-telling something never hurt besides.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
it occurred to mahler as he too laughed to remind his brother that two little aspects of this year were being reared in rivenwood. yet he understood intrinsically that it was not his place to say. laurel would handle such a meeting. he himself need only give abel and indra a safe place in which to grow.
the approach of a woman, who introduced herself as partner to wintersbane, solidified this decision for the gargoyle. he listened pleasantly as words were exchanged, dipping his head low to tzila. "it is good to meet the voman who has made a husband of my brother," he said gently.
the tipteoing around the elf-queen's name was completed by mahler.
tzila was tall, with a beauty that would have been cold were it not for the flare of fire along her nape. she seemed perfectly suited to the glacier, and to wintersbane. there was ice in both their gazes, nuances of it. mahler found that he was quite genuinely happy for the tundrian.
"thank you," he said belatedly to his brother. "i hope that he returns. the snows here are harsh." a pause. "i spoke vith lane and have hunted vith imaq. duskfire is a place of very skilled individuals."