Lion Head Mesa the red [m]eans I love you
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

590 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
Mature 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Graphic aftermath of false pregnancy. Read with caution!

Nazli was tending to the wellspring, alone, when she first felt the discomfort.

It was the same constant strobe of sensations that had been plaguing her for the past few weeks, occasionally fixed when she ate. This time as it began, she was leaning over the edge of the pool in an effort to draw debris from the surface. Thinking she had only extended too far, she withdrew and settled for a moment to take a breath.

The sensation grew sharp, and warm. For a moment or two she doubled over and gasped, pressing against one of the stone plinths that served as tables, and squeezed her eyes shut. A wave of intense nausea came; then everything eased, and she only felt warm, as if feverish all over again.

When she moved again, to the edge of the spring, there was a trail of red staining the stone beneath her - but she did not see it, or notice the warmth along her thighs. She was dizzy, unfocused, and returned to work as if she was not suddenly leaking fluids. The warmth would go away with time. The dizziness was from her hard work; she had eaten little that morning, and she was probably hungry.

Logic peppered her thoughts as she resumed her work, even as she stumbled and hit the floor, drained of color.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
This place did not seem as familiar to him anymore. So much change— some of it healthy, and some of it drenched in a pool of sickliness. 

The wellspring was often a way to clear his head, or even vent some anger. But when Khaba found his way there today, the sight ahead was not what he expected.

Blood led the way to the edge of the water. And there, lain still, the frame of Nazli. A most peculiar, not to mention tragic find.

A soldier, every inch. A healer, not in any way. The jodai crept closer carefully, observing her unmoving body. Nazli? He would croak softly, nose reaching, but not yet daring to touch. 

Stricken with some sense of panic, now, his eyes darted to and fro, looking to see if someone else strode near. But no one would come. What would happen from here on was his decision alone.

So, without much more thought, Khaba gently grasped the young fellahin, finding some way to wriggle her upon his shoulders. For then, when he had done so, he moved as quickly as this precious cargo would allow until he'd reached the den of their sesh, @Tavina.

Come, quick! He barked, barging his way in without first seeking permission. I don't know what's wrong with her... I found her at the edge of the wellspring— Like this. All bloodied and cold to the touch, yet still breathing. 

With Tavina's help, she would lowered upon a bed within the space she used to examine the ill. But even after, he would not leave. The shadow remained, lurking near. Perhaps closer than he needed to be.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Muat-riya
Sesh
655 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
the time had passed in a whirl. they had returned.

tavina was asleep beside @Nala when the man khaba came to her. she had sprung from their bed and stalked to the door before she had truly woken.

the scent of blood struck her nostrils; nazli! she stooped at once beside the limp girl, noting with grim knowingness the crimson upon her body.

with khaba's aid, the girl was settled into their own bed. "i need cloths and water. nala, i need the bundle of herbs in my exam room, to the right."

grimness; she prodded the girl firmly. "open your eyes, nazli." there was blood, so much to lose.
you'll see how the rest of this is undeniable
260 Posts
Ooc —
skippable! tavina is free to PP nala as needed! others pls ask first <3

she had been half asleep. mumbled tired words to Hathor in the wake of their world. she admired the silver tinted hairs on her wife and fondly whispered over them.

her world was one of great softness —

until it suddenly wasn't.

blood and a guard. and nazli! oh, poor nazli!

but her wife was quick with words and orders that would hinge the life of nazli upon them, she felt. so she moved with the quickness of her breed. a missile in those moments as she zipped off to gather each and every thing. prepared to return with them just as quickly.

then she prayed for someone other than herself.

soft, near voiceless, prayers for the fellahin.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

590 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
her eyes opened eventually.

she was drifting, tired. gray and sullen.

did I fall asleep...? that's all she could remember; she would not ask where she was, or why, as nothing seemed important now.

the blood loss softened her.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
933 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
tag just for ref! the board ate my sen post here smh <3

blood. nazli. in horror senmut had followed.

he had been there for the trio placing the lilac in the bed of the physician and her wife; he pushed forward between them in time to see nazli's eyes flutter open.

pushing the amulet into tavina's paw, the hem had gone at once, stopped by nothing until he was able to climb the three rough-hewn steps below the throne and whisper to @Makono that nothing remained in akashingo of her father's sin.