Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Private 
Big Black Beast moved through the packlands. A sense of calm to him, of the likes he hadn't seen in sometime. Oh he still fretted after Cygnet, and he wasn't sure if he could ever fix that broken relationship. Or if he even should. She seemed to like to hold onto her dislike for him.

Arlette wasn't unhappy with him anymore. She had officially taken up a place beside him as both his partner and his fellow Beta. He would need to find @Akavir and tell him she had accepted, but part of him was unsure if he should. Would that cause him to feel bad that his friend was happy? And he also needed to find the time to share that both Silvertongue and Wren were still at Riverclan, missing a leg for the former, but there none the less.

It was with a soft shift of his weight that he chased after the scent of prey. Many of the weasels as they traveled from the underbrush out into the spring like air. Their coats changing colors. This would be where anyone would find him. Nose to the ground, chasing.  Hunting.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
889 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Some PP I can change if needed?

Akavir was doing what Akavir did best—absolutely ignoring feelings and emotions on any aspect of his crumbling life.

So, the warming spring day found him waiting patiently for a meal—though if anyone would ask him he was absolutely not eating his feelings. Nope. No.

There was a lumbering along the ground—the swarthy Mayfair glanced sharply up to see an intent Arric as he ploughed forward, nose to the ground, eyes not even once looking up.

Akavir waited for that moment of realization that the Beta was about to completely tunnel into him, but it was apparently poorly timed, and before he could skid aside, Arric bustled into him, the behemoth’s nose trailing dangerously low along the Alpha’s belly.

His paws dug to the earth—stopping from moving too much as he ushered a low snort. “Excuse you, sir, but I am a gentleman. You could at least take me to dinner before you get frisky.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Swearing, untasteful jokes

Not at all lmao it fits them so well.

Arric knew that Akavir was probably hiding his emotions. Or being all emo boy like he so often was. Though, Arric was used to it by now. And it was much better than some of the other things the alpha could be or do.

Arric was oblivious, so lost in his own thoughts, that he truly didn't even see the dark shadow of his leader and friend. The scent hit him about a second before he was nose deep in belly fur, almost balls and was like, The fuck.

Blue eyes looked up and he didn't move at first and as soon as the words left the alpha's maw. A shit eating grin split Arric's face and his eyes lit up with laughter.

What and give you the chance to say no? When clearly you need a good bone, babe. He put just the right amount of sleaze in there. Akin to a dirt bag picking up a chick at a bar.

But he did remove his nose from perilously close to his friends no no square.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
889 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language and such.
These two... lmao <3

It took half a second for Arric’s shit-eating grin to smooth across his features and Akavir had to hold back a snort at the delivery of his pick-up line—or lack thereof. “Does Arlette know who she’s dating yet?”

Surely, the girl was going to run to the hills when she found out.

…. Like Eshe. Whomp whomp. “I don’t suggest kissing our healer with that kind of mouth. Take it from me—ends poorly.”

And so he lifted a paw, booping Arric on the nose to get him to back up a space from his manly bits, his own grin smoothing over his features as he continued to blatantly ignore the sudden elephant in the room. Because if he couldn’t laugh at the shit of his life, what else was there to do?

Arric wasn’t wrong, though… He needed a distraction. His recent interlude on the mountain had proven that to him.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
[quote="Akavir" pid='611475' dateline='1710271025']

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language and such.
I know I love them

Arric snorted. Oh she knows. She likes me anyway. I would question her sanity, but take the good things.  Yea. So no questioning.

Arric's face lit up and his smile grew if it was even possible. Actually I think she would prefer it. The things I can do with my mouth man. I'd turn you gay.

He wrinkled his nose, placing a paw over it to rub at it. Looking like an oversized pup that had just been scolded. Ears thrust forward, wide blue eyes.

He settled back away. What are you doing out here?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
889 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He snorted. “ThE ThInGs I cAn Do WiTh My MoUtH…” he mimicked, casting a wry smirk to his friend with a sideways glance. “No one believes you, just so you know.”

Settling down to his haunches—the two’s rowdiness and noise likely having kept any potential prey from coming out of the brush for now, Akavir gave his friend a small shrug. “Contemplating the immense and unfathomable paths that relationships and love seem to highlight even the most basics of our internal needs and hopes,” he offered rumbled, a paw lifting to flick a small pebble away form him.

Then, tilting his muzzle, he cast Arric his own shit-eating grin. “Just kidding. That’s too deep and introspective for me. I was just hoping to fill the caches a bit.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Swearing

Arric chuckled. Keep thinking that fella. Arric had never had any complaints, though honestly he was fairly certain Silvertongue had him absolutely beat in that department. Dayum.

Arric's eyebrows lifted further into his fur. And he was fairly certain his mouth had dropped open a bit, there might have even been a little drool. Before he snapped his head up and his mouth closed. 

That makes me tired just thinking about it. Shit. And we both know you absolutely fucking were, dipshit.

Arric looked around a small frown, a mock glare. I was trying to do that until your balls got in my face. Like seriously just let em all hang out.

He sniffed and then shifted and shrugged. Then lets fill some caches. Goat. I'm hungry for some goat. He lifted his head sniffing the air for a trace. Knowing that they were really just avoiding the heavy topics, but if that helped. Well then Arric would damn well do it.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
889 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“Yes,” he agreed sagely with. “That’s what I was thinking about.”

And not about how he was so deprived, that he had actually felt a stirring when Reverie had brushed against him. Possibly the one she-wolf who set his teeth on edge.

Arric mocked him and Akavir gave a wave of dismissal with his paw. “‘Cause they’re blue,” he grumbled, more bitterly to himself than anything else.

Standing, he gave a shake of his pelt, giving Arric a skeptical once over. “Goat? That’s awfully specific and rare in the valley,” he noted dryly, wondering what the man was playing at. “You don’t need to make up a wild goose chase just to spend more time with me.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled and shook his head. A scholar then his friend. Though he was certain there was more to it. He didn't press. Akavir was not fond of pressing.

Arric snorted and turned it into a cough. hehhuff. Cough cough. Sorry man that sucks.

He almost said balls, but he caught himself, but his ribs hurt from trying not to laugh 

Arric nodded and new look came into his eyes. I know, but our caches are running low. Goat would fill it for a time.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
889 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
A lift of his eyebrow was the only response Arric received for now, along with a genial shrug of his shoulders before he began to stalk toward the west end of their borders—presuming the best chance of finding goat would be closer to the looming Sunspire mountains that shielded them on one side.

“What did you see for the creek one year ago from now?” If Akavir had known Jakoul would have bailed—he likely never would have laid with her. Had he known Eshe would so thoroughly mess around with his mind—he also never would have gone near her.

Had he known Moss would die, the alliances would crumble, and his children would go missing…

His eyes glanced to the sky—instantly regretting the question.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric coughed again and followed behind the big black bastard that he called friend. Why was this idiot his best friend. Gods he didn't know, but he was and he was alright with it.

The surprise question caught him off guard. He blinked unsure how to answer it at first. He mulled over it. A year ago. What had they even been doing a year ago? Just surviving right? They had barely any numbers and so many wolves came and went.

I saw hope I suppose. Wishes for the future of the creek. And all things considered despite some of the major tragedies, we haven't been doing terrible.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
889 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Arric’s answer was right about what he expected—it seemed to also be the opposite of what he felt he himself had accomplished, though he didn’t feel he needed to voice that. “'Not terrible' is the new standard, is it?” His tone was dry—but there was humor there.

Instead, a swing of his muzzle was given, his eyes searching the face of his Beta. “You and Arlette?”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
[
Arric knew that Akavir took failings or changes of the creek personal. Even when 90% of the time it wasn't even his fault.

A laugh. For now. Hey a step up from a pack of dicks right? Though I'm lowkey offended that i lost my title. I don't get to say that anymore.

Yes. It was. Mm. Unexpected. And i have no idea what she sees in me so don't ask
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
889 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language.

Akavir snorted in quick response to Arric bemoaning the loss of his title. “The fuck you don’t. That title is still all ours, my friend,” he assured. Arlette might not have been placed upon the same rugged pedestal as the other creek wolves—but otherwise, as far as he was concerned, their pack continued to live up to its name.

“You guys planning a family?”

His thoughts drifted to Cygnet, his eyes sparing a glance to study the chiseled man beside him.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning:

Arric laughed. Teeth flashing in their brilliance. Bright blue eyes alight.

Alright. I kinda like that title. Its all our own. 
And they think twice before running all over the grounds.

Arric made a soft noise in thought. We've talked about it. I'm worried about both how Cygnet will react and what she'll do. She fucking hates me man. Like i never thought I'd pissy pants whine about someone not liking me, but holy shit. Like hates me with every fiber of her being. I don't want Arlette to feel bad or be stuck in the middle there. But I also can't just avoid the kid. Really uncool.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
889 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Always the language...

For one who didn’t imagine whining over not being liked, Arric certainly had a lot to say about it—and Akavir had to tamp down a smirk at it. It was obvious the Beta cared—if only because Cygnet was important to Arlette.

Still—did they not see what was happened? His head canted slightly, an arched brow directed to his friend. “Think about it, Arric… She’s stuck in a pack of adults and never had anyone her age to do anything with. You saw her at the pack hunt. She was practically foaming at the mouth to be involved but couldn’t be—obviously because of her age, but in her eyes, she’s the only one barred from helping out.”

His gaze turned pointed. “She wants to be useful. She needs to be integrated into the pack. Everyone walks on eggshells around her, afraid how she’ll react but no one takes her to do the mundane things she should be learning. Take her to patrol. Teach her to hunt. You and Arlette should take her scouting outside the area—don’t spar with her. Your ten times her size. It’s like setting her up for failure, you fucking oaf.”

Had the tables just turned, somehow? Was Akavir now the one giving advice—instead of his counseling Beta? It was hard to hide the shit-eating grin that spread across his face. This was the kind of therapy he could get used to.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Always the language...

Arric was super pissed off at himself. He had said way too much. He thought of Cygnet. And his mouth soured. Frankly and he would never admit it, but he wasn't even sure if he liked her himself. Which was terrible she was a fucking child.

Arric glared. IT was either push her away or let the little runt go for my throat. I don't much appreciate that even coming from a child. IT wasn't even sparring as much as just trying to get her to stop.

There was a little bit of an edge in his voice. He hadn't mind Cygnet trying to spar. Even acting like a crazy little thing.  What had bothered him was that she had gone for his throat. That was the rub.

I would take her to do all that stuff. But she doesn't even like m eto talk to her. She goes the opposite way. So unfortunately all you buddy.

Arric saw the grin and rolled his eyes. STop grinning like a jackass. Dipshit. But a smile lit up his own eyes
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
889 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It would seem an Uno Reverse card had been played by him—Arric grumbled and bemoaned—Akavir couldn’t stop his grin from widening. When Arric finally noticed it, he seemed to catch it too—and at the word dipshit, Akavir couldn’t stop the laugh that erupted from him.

“No, keep going. This is good for me,” he decided, feeling elated that he wasn’t the only broody jackass in the pack.

It was becoming pretty clear what the brooding was about, though—and Akavir was having a hard time keeping in another chuckle. “You don’t like that you finally found someone who’s immune to what you think if your charm. It’s cute.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: he needs a swear jar

Arric sighed. If he was human he'd have rubbed the bridge of his nose. What a dick head. But he could see the humor.

Arric stuck his tongue between his front teeth and had he hands. He'd have flipped him off. Instead he snorted. And mumbled dipshit again.

Arric glared. I am very cute. Just because you haven't noticed.

Then his eyes landed on his friend. Yes, sort of it and it sucks. I don't like her feeling like shit around me. That can't be healthy for her. But i don't know what to do.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
889 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It should have been impossible for his grin to get even larger, but here we were.

Give her time. She’ll figure it all out. Five rabbits says she actually becomes a pretty good big sister to those kids when they come around.”

Because surely… There would be kids? He cast a sideways glance—an arched brow and pointed gaze looking for confirmation. They'd broached the topic, but drama queen beside him only huffed and puffed and dodged the question.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning:

Arric gave the full drama queen sigh. He may have even put hands on his hips were he human. His blatant flamboyancy clear.

I don't bet. And god if you won I'd never hear the end of it. Even if i died before you. I'd hear you at my grave i told you so.

Arric nodded. A small look of fear crossing his face. Yes and I am both scared shitless and excited as fuck.

A title of his ear. And he thoight about it. It was true. He hoped he could be good at the whole father thing. But he was wary. But perhaps that was good. To worry if you ere good enough.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
889 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“Listen,” he snorted. “You die before me and I’m cursing you out at your grave every damn day. So don’t even think about it.”

After all, wasn’t he the one who was probably on borrowed time? It certainly felt like the hourglass was getting dangerously close to empty.

He rounded a shrub, nose dipping down—still trying to track a damn goat. Stupid Arric, picking the hardest to find prey…

“You’ll be fine. You did great with my kids, right?”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric blinked owlishly and then his smile grew. Oh ho would you miss me baby.

Arric knew he had a brush with death a time or two. Anyon3 could go at anytime. But he tried to ignore his own mortality.

Arric bent to the task of searching for the goat too. But it was damn near impossible to find.

Yea fun uncle who swears too much. Now you get to be the fun uncle who swears to much.