-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
@Dinah @Simeon @Judah @Malakai

Armed with only their names and where they were. Rodyn had set out. He had promised Towhee he would share with them that she still lived and breathed. But he felt his heart beat a fearful tattoo on his ribcage. What if no one answered. Or t hey didn't believe him.

He found the stone bride and crossed it with low tide. His voice lifting in silent query as to if anyone would seek him out. Then he waited quietly. Yellow eyes taking in the world around him and wondering. Was he too late, had they already left.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Loner
Messenger of God
115 Posts
Ooc — Vami
It was a large man where stood on the sands of his home, dark of earthy brown. As Malakai approached, heeding the call, the man's scent became all too familiar as well. When for months Kai and Nakano lived within the sentinels, it was this man's scent on the outskirts of the plates which he smelt time and time again. He was either one of fhe leaders or a dutiful guard. 

Hello... The single word slipped from Malakai's lips, tinged with question and a furrowed brow lifting. Why had he come? A single ear turns back, his gaze unwavering. What brings you to the Sanctum that is Sweetharbor?
Loner
201 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Grandma was dead. Dinah had vanished without a word. Judah had cemented himself to his brother’s hocks, convinced that if he turned his head for long Mal too would disappear.

The boy did not approach this stranger man, but hung back a ways down the beach, watching the exchange with a hardened stare and a wary bristle of spine.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Two met him one light, one dark and they questioned. They were young. Towhee hadn't told him they were this young. His heart went out to them.

I bring a message, from Towhee and Phox. Towhee wanted me to tell a Judah and Simeon that she lives. She said she was attacked by a sea lion. And they tried to save her, but it sucked her back down. She washed ashore a few miles down towards our pack Moontide where her brother Phox resides. She is injuredand tired. But she plans to go to Sun Mote Copse and seek out her daughter Fenneck for assistance.

He had no offer, but his words. However, with his words he also added the petro Towhee had taught him so they would know he wasn't lying. He hoped they would listen.
Loner
Messenger of God
115 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Judah hung back down the beachside, observing. Twin pairs of bi-colored eyes locked on Rodyn. 

Word from their uncle and their very much alive grandmother. Kai's eyes swept to Judah briefly, then back to Rodyn, a smile pulling up on his face. Less so that Towhee was alive (although this was still a good thing) but more because he was right about it. 

Praise our father above. He pauses, unsure what else to say on the manner. Then, after a moment, The sea sure has a way of chewing us up and spitting us out, doesn't it, Judah? Now his sun and moon gaze swept back to his twin, who knew all too well. 

Maybe Malakai should have taken this as a sign to keep away from this place. Alas, Kai only felt that this was a test of their will, their loyalty, their faith in God or punishment to those who have lost their way. 

Malakai, of course, had not.
Loner
201 Posts
Ooc — tazi
The man signs. Judah’s fangs grit, seeing it only as some sloppy mainlander tactic to curry favor with the islanders. He looks on, two-toned eyes narrowed into disgruntled slits, until it is Towhee’s name he speaks, and that she lives!

The fire flows out of him. Quickly a collision is made against Mal’s ribs, snout snuffling into the silver down of his twin’s chest with a relieved whine, locking eyes still with the auburn stranger, but now in wide-eyed inquisition.

“How hurt is she? Is she gonna be ok?” He asks, winded, peeking up timidly from the edge of his brother’s identical shoulder.
Loner
Messenger of God
115 Posts
Ooc — Vami
The excitement explodes from Kai's twin in a fury, his body smacking into Malakai's own, pressing close. It causes Kai to stumble to the side, yet he smiles, even a small chuckle slips past his lips. Together, Malakai holds firm, to lift his brother up who scrambles near. Malakai's tail still high, proud, dominant, yet happy. 

See, Judah! Only his thoughts speak, as Judah inquires about their grandmother. I had not given up, not given up on you, either! And here - she lives! I have been to your Moontide. Where does the Copse stand in relation to there? He did not think he would visit. Yet still attempted to act as though he might.
[Image: knight-helmet.gif]
Loner
201 Posts
Ooc — tazi
His gaze slides cautiously between the stranger’s and Malakai’s. He wonders if his brother means to go check on Grandma, and tightens their brace instinctually.

“Will grandma come back?” He asks the man, allowing a sliver of hope into the silver and gold of his eyes.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn smiled at the way the boys were happy that their grandmother was safe. He breathed his own sigh of relief. He tilted his head.

She was pretty banged up. Bruised and part of her tail I believe was missing. But she was able to walk and speak coherently.

Rodyn made a soft humm. Sun Mote is further down from us. About 3 days probably from you and five from moontide.
Loner
Messenger of God
115 Posts
Ooc — Vami
short, sad reply to wrap things up.

Their grandmother had survived and returned to her home. Judah was to leave shortly with John to see their absent mother. Dinah and Simeon were likely to do the same. Which meant, yet again, Malakai would be left to his own devices. So be it. 

A 'hrmm' brushes over Malakai's lips yet other then this he has nothing left to say on the manner.
[Image: knight-helmet.gif]
Loner
201 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Mal falls to silence and his twin finds himself kneading at the sands in  shared, wordless speculation. If his brother went to retrieve her, Grandma could come back to live with them. There’d be no need for the Sun Mote, or any of those other people whose names he’d never heard before. They were apparently blood family, but Judah didn’t even know them. They’d never come to visit. As far as he was concerned, Grandma Towhee belonged with them, to the island. To Mal, Simeon, Dinah, and he. And desperately, the boy wanted this normalcy. To be a proper family again.

But it made him inconsolably nervous to imagine Mal leaving. He wouldn’t come back this time. In his heart, Judah knew it.

From his throat leaks another wordless whine, snout budging up between his brother’s side, eyes flicking anxiously to the stranger-man in a conflicting mix of both stress and simultaneous relief.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn nodded his head. I'll leave you to your borders. If you need anything moontide is our pack. You'd be welcome there. Just for a visit or some food or anything if you need it.

He dipped his head. Have a good day.

Then he would turn and head back the way he jad come and further into his trading journey.