Valley of Gold It's me, hi, I'm the problem
Pledged
Party City
1,547 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
She'd spent the afternoon teaching @Dahlia more of the dance to call the rains. It was evening by the time Reverie realized it'd been too long since she'd heard the bubbling laughter of her loudest daughter. Honestly, she'd assumed Foxglove would be with Dusty Rose or Petal, or even Dhalia — but her scent was oddly stale everywhere Reverie looked.

Bringing Dahlia along wasn't exactly a mistake — but she hadn't meant to, either. By the time Reverie glanced back down at her daughter, a little breathless and a little frantic, it was far too late to make up any sort of lie. It would have to be the truth, then.

Um... when was the last time you saw Foxglove? She tried to sound casual. Nevermind the fact that she'd just dragged Dahlia around nearly the entire valley in search of the frequently-missing Medeiros.
Pledged
Party City
17 Posts
Ooc — KT
she would follow her mother to the ends of the earth, but her paws were sore after a day of dancing and by the time they'd reached the highest point in the valley, dahlia was wiped. but the further they traveled, the more wound up mama seemed to get. she didn't understand, but she didn't want to ask, and it wouldn't be long before she found out anyway.

her ears flattened as she recalled their last memory — an unpleasant one that left both fox and dahlia in tears. she had spent the night on the opposite end of the den, slept poorly, and decided to head out early in the morning, avoiding fox today altogether. now that she thought about it, she wasn't sure if she had seen fox this morning or not.

i dunno, she supplied unhelpfully, her ears pulled back. some of her mother's anxiety worked its way into her. mornin' maybe?