Sun Mote Copse Where it stops nobody knows
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
A fox? That wasn't a fearful foe- but from his mother he had gleaned a penchant for chasing the smaller canines, considering them to be inferior tricksters who could potentially raid their caches or cause harm to a young enough wolf. It turned out, though, that the fox wasn't the culprit, and actually turned out to be the knight they'd been searching for. He looked both stumped and mildly annoyed that a fox could be a knight, and his ears turned back. True, he didn't hate foxes- but he did look down on them and think that they were vermin, best chased off or killed if they were caught in the middle of a crime. He openly displayed his displeasure when Maia went on to say that a wolf ended up bein the fox's squire. He listened quietly as she continued, and found himself sincerely hoping that this was all a joke- and that the fox was really a bad guy. 

As it turned out, the fox did end up pulling a usual, typical fox-like stunt, and Bronco was encouraged, and piped in when there was a moment for him to do so. "Stupid fox; they shoulda known he couldn't'a been a knight," He said skeptically. But he was more interested in the tests the wolves had devised, and was grinning deviously by the time the fox was outed. "Yes!" He hissed- but his triumph was cut short when the fox turned out to not be a fox at all. 

Bronco snorted, reared his head back and pinned his ears. "A faerie?!" He demanded, seemingly insulted that this being was not only a fox, but a faerie pretending to be a fox. Apparently it could be somewhat appeased by Hawketh and Starchaser's collective cunning, but Bronco wasn't completely convinced, and was more fixated on the fact that the antagonist of the story was a combination of two things he thought were distasteful. "Dayum," He said. "I didn't see any of that coming. Did you seriously make all that up?" He asked, amazed.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,524 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
His reaction was a good one, and Maia was thrilled with pride as he expressed his admiration.  Yeah! It's part of the job!  And she was a bonafide professional now!  She'd done so much storytelling in her travels that she even had a regular cast of characters, one that she was excited to expand on as she continued to grow her material.

Sometimes adding twists is fun, and everything is better when magic is involved, she added with a grin.  Regular stuff could be okay at times, but it could be hard to make interesting too.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
This is a wee bit out-dated now...Maybe we can have another one soon?

Bronco sniffed lightly, nodding as Maia explained a couple of the tricks that came with being a storyteller, but he was still mostly just impressed with the fact that she had somehow managed to come up with something so ridiculously far-fetched...The only stories Bronco could think of were mostly just based on his own experiences- and weren't terribly engaging. He had a sort of cap on his creativity, one that Maia seemed to have abandoned completely. Maybe adding 'magic' was the way to get outside of his normal thinking box. While he wasn't sure exactly how 'essential' story-telling was as a trade...Or how cool it would be perceived to actually be a story-teller, as a male...He had thoroughly enjoyed Maia's story, and envied her creativity. 

"You gotta teach me how to do that," He said. "I don't even think...Nah, I couldn't come up with something like that." He confessed, meaning his confession to also be a compliment. "Anyways. After that dinner an' story, I'm thinkin' it's about time to get a nap in 'fore the day's over. Figure there's a sunny patch in the Rendez-vouz site with my name on it. You..." Well, he couldn't exactly invite her to nap with him, as that'd be pretty forward. But- "Wanna walk thataway?" He asked, shrugging as non-chalantly as he could, before they headed off toward the interior of the pack.