Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
She knew she shouldn't wander much in her condition, though she felt restless today and, besides, she wasn't going very far. Meerkat hobbled eastward toward the woods, moving slowly and favoring her twisted ankle. It didn't hurt that much, though she still wondered if she might bump into @Eldritch and ask for some more of those poppy seeds.

When she approached the edge of the trees, the place seemed preternaturally quiet. She dropped her head to sniff at the faint markers along the borders, then reclined on her haunches and did the equivalent of a polite knock by sending up a brief howl.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
It was the different.

Yet same.

Certain things could be placed to certain memories but...scents laid across the land that she did not know. That did not have any right to be within these woods. It caused an unexplainable emotion to bubble within her chest. Venom through her veins like an angry viper.

She was not given time to think hard on it as a call sounded. Short, polite.

The ruddy youth went straight for it. Quick on dainty paws as she saw a rather standard wolf settled comfortably. Words tumbled, rushed and unchained, from her without a second thought.

You know who lives here?
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The Seer was wandering the trees, moping, more or less. @Santiago Arcos was around somewhere, as was @Aerenys and perhaps @Serem if Santi had introduced her to the forest.

Hearing the brief howl, Eldritch perked her ears and trotted to the source, finding Meerkat of all wolves. The witch didn't think she'd see Meerkat again so soon.

With her was a blood pelted wolf. A stranger, by the looks of it. But maybe not?

Still, Eldritch approached and answered as the blood-fur asked her question.
"I live here. As does my fellow witch sister at the least." She confirmed with a sigh, giving a silent hello nod to Meerkat before turning to the other she-wolf "I am Eldritch." 

And you are?
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Santiago had heard the howl too and just like Eldritch, he comes running. He’s still badly wounded and in need of medical treatment every so often to make sure his wounds are clean. It hinders his physical ability to fight but only to a certain point. Though wounds or not, he’s been itching for something to sink his teeth in once more. Hence why he comes to the calling. 

Though when he gets there his eyes first go to the ebony woman. Slinking up nest to her with a baring of teeth he doesn’t waste time to ask questions. He would be there as a silent threat to any who try to put a paw on him or the women next to him. 

Yet as he stands there, teeth showing, he stays quiet. Not one growl or peep coming from his wrinkled muzzle. Ghostly eyes flick back and forth between the two and all he knows is that they’re strangers. Where he is dying to sink his teeth into something, he isn’t always stupid, so he waits and watches for Eldritch to give him a command to kill if need be.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29446f97062704dca892...=giphy.gif]
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Not long after her howl faded into silence, three things happened in quick succession: firstly, a ruddy stranger joined her with a breathless question; secondly, Eldritch appeared with cryptic words and a curious glance at the stranger beside Meerkat; and, lastly, a downright frightening figure closed ranks with the witchy woman, silent but threatening.

With careful movements, Meerkat took to all fours again. She kept her body low out of deference to the residents, yet braced herself in case anyone made any sudden movements. After all, two of the three wolves were perfect strangers and the one looked like he was only seconds away from eating the rest of them.

"I just came to see you," the yearling said, eyes shifting from the small she-wolf beside her to Eldritch and her own companion. Meerkat fought the urge to gulp. It suddenly didn't seem appropriate to mention her interest in the poppy seeds, not surrounded by tension and strangers, but what else should she do? "I was wondering if you had any more of those poppy seeds."

Before Eldritch could answer that question, Meerkat—ever the ambassador—made a point to flick her head between the two she didn't know and offer, "I'm Meerkat, by the way." Her attention lingered on the sole male, wary. He might be silent, yet his body language was screaming warnings.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
pulling her from this!

Suddenly they are swept in upon and Sakhmet felt a tightness in her chest.

This is not home. This is not her family.

Strangers.

What a foolish mistake she had made to return. Especially as a male lingered, a fine enough signal for her to leave. Her attention briefly bobbed to the woman she had first encountered. The one who seemed kindest.

I'm sorry. Hushed before she dips her head in an exiting apology.

Off into the surrounding lands she went, skirting the woods she once knew.

No more.
383 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Just as quick as Santi had come, he will go. This sun kissed woman will be in no problems to Eldritch and her fiery desire to be in charge. He can see the submissive aura that surrounds this Meerkat. He doesn’t pay much mine to it. Though when the off, blood pelted stranger makes for an awkward disappearance, he knows he has to follow. If not to sink his teeth into her, then to at least get a rise out of her; maybe play with her a bit — scare her even. 

So he sends his leader a look. Such deviousness swirling in his steely depths. I’ll be right back. It says and he even gives her a flash of a grin as he goes — always up to no good, tailing that poor woman who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29446f97062704dca892...=giphy.gif]
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The Seer watches calmly as Meerkat explains her presence.
A brief glance to the red-fur as she retreats into the surrounding lands, and just as brief a glance to Santiago as he flashes a grin and tails the fleeing woman.

Eldritch sighs softly. He can have his fun. 

Raising her attention to Meerkat again, the enchantress smiles softly yet tiredly before speaking.
"Ivory Rose, my pack, has scattered to the winds, though I, the man you just met, and my sister Aerenys remain for now. I'm sure I still have some poppy seeds around here..." Sniffing around at the trees, Eldritch faded into the shadows for a few moments, though quickly returned with a leaf full of poppy seeds in her teeth.

Setting the leaf of seeds before Meerkat's paws, the Seer reclined back on her haunches, white gaze inquisitive.

"Has your paw been troubling you much, since we last saw each other?" 
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Just as abruptly as they had appeared, two of the wolves departed, one after the other. Meerkat watched as the male strode after the female, wary for her. Her eyes then cut back to Eldritch, full of questions. Before she could possibly voice any of them, her acquaintance informed her of Ivory Rose's disbandment.

The yearling's lips parted in surprise at this unexpected news. Eldritch mentioned the poppy seeds she'd inquired after and slunk away in search of them. She didn't go far, nor was she gone long. Meerkat could track her movements through the trees by ears and nose.

When she returned, Meerkat couldn't help but ask, "Are you sure you can spare these? I don't want to take your resources if..." Well, her pack was clearly struggling, since it no longer officially existed. Not wanting to ignore Eldritch's own question, she added, "I twisted it again," with a slightly sheepish grimace.

She shook her head, peering down at the seeds. They'd made her feel so good last time. She'd slept the best sleep of her life that day. But Meerkat did not take them right away, still concerned about taking Eldritch's resources, even if freely given. She reflected on the little bit of information she'd been given; it sounded like it was just the three of them left in these woods.

"Have you considered joining another pack?" the young ambassador couldn't help but wonder.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
"I insist." Eldritch responded softly to Meerkat's worry.

To the inquiry of finding another pack, the Seer twitched her ears some.
"Honestly, yes. With so few bodies here, it would be better suited to survival if I joined another pack." El sighed, almost as if admitting defeat.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
You should consider the caldera, Meerkat said earnestly. A voice in the back of her head whispered about her mother’s history with these woods but they didn’t really apply to the wolves, did they? Some detail to the contrary teased in the back of her mind, though it remained just out of reach.

Thanks again, she was sure to say before she finally swallowed the seeds Eldritch had brought to her. I should probably get home before these kick in. I slept like the dead last time, Meerkat mentioned with a smile that was at once grateful and sheepish. You should think about what I said. Either way, come visit sometime and I’ll treat you to a meal. It’s the least I can do.
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Hearing her out with genuine patience, Eldritch smiled slightly as Meerkat took her dosage and said her goodbyes. 

"I will consider." She promised, dipping her muzzle in a silent acknowledgement to the yearling's words.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Good. Thanks again, Eldritch. Take care of yourself, Meerkat said, her warm honey gaze lingering on the dark woman’s face for a few extra seconds before she turned and walked slowly back to the caldera.