an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
All Welcome 
aw to soldiers!

true to his word, germanicus called for @Makono and the others at dawn.

they would be used to this. she would not, he expected.

in the sparring arena they would gather, and presently he summoned @Reyson. "this is the crown prince, as you know," he told the scar-laced man. "she has come to properly train with us. i would like you to spar her."

they had a watching audience of composed ranks. germanicus looked now to the girl.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was doing a patrol as he always did, and heard the call across the canyon. So with loping run, he headed towards it, and stood at attention.

Tattered ear forward at the first words, and then he studied the princess. Different than he had before. This time, it was with practiced eyes of man used to fighting. She was medium, athletic. If she got under his guard, he would have difficulty grasping her back, due to their size difference. She would be faster than him, but he could hit harder.

However, his expertise would also help here. She was untried and unlearned, that maybe in his favor. Without further do, he moved into an attack position. Ready and poised.

Okay how do you want to do this? I know that Reyson gets a bonuse due to his warrior status, but I have actually never sparred in that way before, so I will need some help. :)

Roll 3
so i add 3 to this dice roll?
HP: 20/20?
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
im okay to actually forego rolls? :D i don't think it's unreasonable that makono would lose to a seasoned soldier without even having her base trade yet lol

also not sure if he's struck yet or not? lmk if i missed something!

to face reyson was not so daunting.

she knew the strength of the man. she had heard him speak of his missions and the way the things of akashingo had made him falter.

but this was his ground.

when she would move, it was with the knowledge she had gained from the imperator and jodai. both had scruffed her, so she could not keep her scruff to those she faced.

she dove to grasp at the side of his scarred shoulder like a viper.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
can skip germ now!

they moved to spar.

the crown prince and the officer.

germanicus returned to stand in formation with the others, eyes fixed upon the heir of akashingo and reyson.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Let me know if this assumption is the wrong one. And I'm fine with no rolls.

She was confident. He could see it. She was aware, that he was here on his own ground, but there was still a sense of self to her, that could cause her to overreach and cause issues.

She was so anxious to keep her scruff from him, that she moved to quickly into what she wanted and he was able to see. He juked to the opposite side. Feeling the hair and the whistle of her teeth, before he used his large paws and broad shoulders to nail her near her rib cage. Were she fast enough to react was anybody's guess, but he was willing to bet she hadn't.

He turned quickly and faced her again, teeth going for shoulder and scruff, using paws to unbalance if he could get the hit in. But she was smaller than he, and thus faster.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
i'd prefer if we kept it to one attack and one defense per post, otherwise i cant keep up very well ^^'

her rib cage ached with his hit, winded for a moment.

she sucked a sharp breath of air in. when he came around once more for her shoulders. he was a beast, massive like khaba. towered over her.

she had learned it was easier to attack from below when outmatched in height.

so when she could not defend herself against him, she would attack. her teeth aimed for his own neck when he sought her shoulder.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
I apologize, certainly that is fine with me.

He gave a soft chuff and a growl. She was a fast learner quickly using her size to her advantage.

He felt the movement, felt the snap of teeth against skin, and quickly backpedaled to pull from her. It left bloody track marks in it's wake, where her teeth had been.

He snapped at her muzzle attempting to push her down to the ground.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
you are a-okay <33
feel free to assume this is a 'win' for reyson if you'd like :D

this would be the first time she shed blood upon the canyon ground.

the thin skin of her muzzle broke beneath his teeth. once more she felt like a child, to be reprimanded in such a way.

but nobody had ever dared to touch her like this as child either. no one had ever drawn the blood of her.

her voice vibrated in deep ribbons of a growl as she met the earth. practically rolled beneath him from his sheer strength alone.

she could not feasibly fight from here, besides trying to wiggle and swing herself of his jaws. breaking her own skin between his teeth more if he did not release her.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Alright <3

Reyson didn't think of the repurcussions of his actions. He simply did as he was trained to do. Sparred another wolf. Had he taken a moment to think on it, perhaps it would have given him some hesitation, but he hadn't and he wouldn't.

As soon as she was upon the ground and Reyson tasted the bitter tang of copper. he quickly backed up, releasing her.

You fought well. A deep rumble from his chest.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"well fought, princeps," germanicus too offered as he approached the pair.

makono was bleeding. he gave her an impassive look but he did wonder how it felt to have her flesh cut.

but he did not move to coddle her. "your third spar will be rounds, divine one. another day. for now, seek the matrona and have yourself treated. scutarius, with me."

a second new experience for the royal child perhaps: a dismissal as if she were no higher than an auxillary.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
last from me! :D

when she was freed, when her eyes could be removed from the earth, it was with the hardness of her father's lapis gaze.

her heart resided in her throat and ears. she could hardly hear the words of either men.

when she departed, it was at a clipped pace. tasting the tang of her own blood at her lips.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson saw the darkness in her eyes, and he shifted. He wondered at it. He had not met the Pharoh, nor had he wanted too, but in her gaze. He saw what the highness could possibly do with a look and he didn't care for it.

He turned towards the imperator and stepped into pawstep with him. Sparing no second thought to the crown prince of Akashingo. They had fought well. And that was all Reyson was worried about.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
he would visit her later, he decided.

for now he indicated the children. "this officer will now demonstrate a proper march. you will heed him."

thus would they pass from morning into afternoon.