Redsand Canyon So put your hands where I can see them,
Loner
seraphs sob at vermin fangs
668 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
He arrived to the edge of Mereo looking a little worse for wear; clearly having been on the road a while, with mud caked to his limbs and a tangle of various greeneries netted by his more dense furs along his belly, Glaukos could've used a bath and a proper meal. There was dried blood upon his chin he had forgotten about - it was not his, but a rabbit's - and in all, he was a slovenly representation of a soldier.

Regardless of how he looked climbing over the rise, he came to the entry-point and stood at attention. It would not be long before a patrol came sweeping through the area and they would find him, and he would explain himself; so one such guardian would then lead him across the border to where he could clean up, among the soldier's housing.

An hour or so later, he was a bit better: washed and tidied. His belly rumbled and he ignored it, instead seeking the path of the Imperator, to at last give his report.
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the man returned.

in his absence maxim had become legatus. and now glaukos would earn back his right to elitus — if he wished.

"welcome back," the imperator's voice greeted, carrying through the canyon. his eyes observed all details of the returned man including his fur and the smear of blood. "have you fought?" or was it food?
Loner
668 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Some, but not recently. He answered.

He tilts his chin up and smirks. This? Rabbit. Thought I'd washed it clean but must have missed a spot.

He stood properly again and squared his shoulders. The journey took a little longer than anticipated. I scouted as far north as I was able, and on my return lost track of myself - but I came along the coastal corridor, and have returned. He did not know of anything important to share beyond that; Glaukos had only encountered a few rogues, a band of young warriors at one point, and traces of piracy along the way.

Crossed by your outpost. Tamar sends regards.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the eagle nodded once.

"what did you find out about the coastline?" if there had been something of note, glaukos would have said so already.

at the mention of epoch he gave a grunt. "they are no longer our outpost, or does arsenio wish us to be more than friendly. the matrona has stepped down and lady aquene decided to take the role rather than leave to epoch."
Loner
668 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
There is not much there, truthfully, he admits this of the coast, having found very little to suggest any gathering forces or creatures to be wary of. I came across paths of many more lone wolves than groups, which we can handle if they come this far.

A pause; news from Germanicus is not positive, from what he says of Epoch. A snort erupts from Glaukos.

What right does Arsenio have to do that? Have you not fed him, trained him, done all that you can? And he spurns you in return. Ungrateful bastard. Glaukos hums to himself a moment and lets his irritation fade. To hear that Aquene was made matrona has little effect upon him, as he feels she's always been right for such a womanly role.

What orders do you have for me, then? Do we war against Epoch? His tone is somewhat jesting, though the rest of him is ready for a fight if that is what comes.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"arsenio is not my enemy." but the eagle saw the humour in glaukos' eye and was glad of it. he was glad for their rapport. 

"arsenio and i had a debt between us. it is settled now. he is lord of his land and i am war-leader here." it was as it was.

"in your absence, maxim has become legatus. you may report to him for subduties. i have not forgotten your service nor your tour. fit yourself back into things, soldier."
Loner
668 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
It still rankled him to hear of such disrespect from Arsenio, but he would drop it. Germanicus saw the humor and that was enough. If Mereo needed the man or his children to fight, perhaps then he would show himself as useful.

He would seek out Maxim, make himself known to those remaining within Mereo, and prove himself capable in his role again. Yes, sir. He rumbled, taking the man's final comment as a dismissal, and disembarked.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus watched him go.

it was good to have the man returned.

he too decamped to his patrol.