Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Conception 
Arric woke with the late afternoon sun. His body ached and smelled of salt water, but it was a good ache. One that came from only happy things. He had left the girl behind as hard as it was, she had made it clear she wanted nothing from him. It was a bit of a sad feeling, that he was only wanted for a job, but well. What could he do. He had agreed and gone into it. Didn't even know her name or where she was from.

He stretched out and shifted into a meditation pose. Eyes closed, nose pointed towards the sky and then down again. He would stay that way for some time. Blanking out all the noise, but silence and bringing a new type of silence to his mind. 

Even breathing, slow and steady. Then he would begin to walk towards home. Long limber legs tearing up the ground.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
They parted ways- but Chacal found herself meandering, wandering. And when she crossed his scent trail again...She pursued him like a hunter. 

She wasn't sure if it was instinct or her environmental influences that told her it was not a good idea to seek him out again. She knew how easily she could give out her heart, and how easily it could be broken but...It was very difficult to persuade herself to simply go back to Dragoncrest Cliffs and simply hope that she had conceived. Nature pushed her to follow him, driving her more insistently than it had the day before. The more ground she gained on him, the more she was able to convince herself that this was the right thing to do. 

How he might interpret her approach was something she couldn't anticipate. So when she spotted him in the distance, retreating away from the beach, she emitted a soft whine; pleading. 

Don't leave. Not yet.

She just wanted more time. Always, she wanted more time.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
There had been something special about that sea wolf. She'd have given him the time of day, he could of possibly made something work, but he also had a feeling she liked her roots, and he liked his. They'd forever be apart. He liked fresh water, she liked the salt. Didn't mean it wouldn't work, just mean it'd take some meandering, but he wasn't aiming for it. Cause well she didn't seem to want it.

A soft whine found his ears and he lifted head up to stare around him. The midday son sharp against his pelt of black, dipping the red undertones even harder. He turned one way and then the other, ears tilted forward and then backward. Then his eyes caught sight of her.

Though this was probably a very bad idea he felt the stirring of what she could do, what he could do and the siren scent that clung to her like a second skin. He tilted his. 

Good Afternoon, sea queen. His deep voice rumbled around her, pleasant and teasing. Speaking of whispered promises if she listened close enough. He moved a few strides until he was directly across from her, then he planted his feet and waited to see if she wanted him closer. This was her dance, he was just the partner.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: procreation
He turned toward her and under the glow of his sapphire eyes, she felt her heart willingly become caged, like a docile dove gentled by a kind hand. She would forsake the freedom of choosing one she would never see or think of again, and surrender to the need to have someone she might think of fondly. Heartbreak be damned; she would give her heart to the man who deserved her body as well. 

The soft russet tones of his pelt highlighted now in the sun, she saw even more of him that she wished to have passed on. She so loved the deep mahogany tones that she herself had not inherited- but longed to pass on regardless. He greeted her in such a way that drew her closer, and she stepped into his shadow, stealing the darkness he cast. 

"Freshwater man," She lilted into his fur, when he let her near. She cooed into the crook of his neck; her heart might have become caged, but the bird begged for him to help her sing.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: procreation
Arric was a collector of things, he didn't carry them physically with him, but they lived there in his mind and in his heart and in his memories. And he was fairly certain this would be a favorite. One to take out and examine and possibly tell someone someday of the one that he could've won, but it would have been unfair to her. She was not a caged bird, but a free one.

The red of his fur, given to him by his mother, one of the few things she gave him before the world took her away. The blue eyes and the black of his fur, and the wildness that lay under. That was a gift from dad.

The shadows from his body played in such a way that it highlighted the gold of her fur, and the white streak. Oh if she'd let him, he'd worship her until he couldn't anymore.

A small smile lit up his face. I like that, if you ever want my real name. Ask.

Then he surged forward and placed a gentle lick down the golden spurs of fur that made up her head and down he shoulders. Gentle teasing touches, nibbles and a constant burr in his throat. He dipped low and high. A smile. Then he stopped asking permission to continue, after all no was no even if in the midst.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
His real name. Something she could call him by, though the title she had given him would be the one that would lay in her memory as the first thing that had come to mind when she'd learned his scent. His touch distracted her from the notion for a moment, and she returned his kisses with loving ones of her own. Featherlight touches drove her to reach for more, greedy for attention. She leaned against him, feeling weightless against his sturdy shoulder. Her ever-smiling lips curved into an even bigger smile. 

"Tell me your name, please do-, so I may sing it to you." She crooned.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric was proud of his name. It was the one thing that was entirely his. It was given to him by wolves that had loved him.  She was so sweet, it was almost painful. Why didn't she have a mate yet or someone to call her own. All kinds of questions, but he quelled them.

He stilled and whispered near her ear. Arric Duandris. It means soul warrior. Then he bowed his head and curled a large fore paw around hers and pulled he closer and tucked her against his side tighter.. 

Then he moved in step. Would you like to learn how I dance on land too?

There was a teasing tilt to his head, laughter in his eyes. But the offer was there, stirring the space between them. He would do his best.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
He seemed pleased to be able to introduce himself, and he bore a pleasant name that sounded as though it came from a romantic language. The meaning of it suited him- for he was both a strong and passionate man who pulled her even closer. 

Her fur stood on edge in a thin line down the middle of his back when he spoke again, and she felt the static crackle as he pulled away from her. She regarded him with a captivated gaze, and smiled. She gave a roll of her shoulders, as though loosening them in preparation. "Teach me." She crooned. This time, he would lead.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Suggestion, Conception all the big things.

Arric's eyes danced and he made a soft sound deep in his throat. He liked his name, and he wanted her to have it if she should ever need it. Just cause he wouldn't be there to help her raise any kids, didn't mean that he didn't want to be a call away if she needed it. 

He used all his agile grace to circle and play and dart. Leaving teasing scorching nips and nudges along her flank, shoulders, face. He leaned his head under her's then back again. He hoped she was as receptive as she was in the water and would join him in the dance of instinct and ancestors.

Eventually he pulled her ever closer, finish what they had started only mere day ago.

Hope this is alright. I'm quite terrible with these truly <3
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
You write wonderfully <3

As she had in the sea, she danced with the man- now moving with him as he would on land. She felt like a selkie, having come ashore in search for the freshwater man, having temporarily shed her seal-coat which, along with her name, she kept to herself. She would sing out his name, however, the tone of it chiming like a peal of bells. 

In the wake of it all, she took a few moments to catch her breath, leaning still against his side after having collapsed happily to the ground to rest for a bit. A smile warmed her cheeks, sore from all the smiling she'd been doing since she'd met him. She chuffed lightly, when she caught the faint scent of brine still lingering in his pelt from the day before. She felt it suited him- though she knew better than to ask for him to return to Sapphique with her. That realization felt bittersweet, and made her sigh softly.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Thank you kindly. <3 <3

She moved eager and found the rhythmn well. His name off her lips was the  most intoxicating thing. He knew she wouldn't share hers. She seemed to want to be as anonymous as possible and that bothered him a bit. But he couldn't blame her. She seemed the independent type.

He curled large legs around her and pulled her tighter. Laid his head along her throat and shoulder, encasing her in a tight cocoon of Arric. 

You alright? he asked his voice tired, but content. He had heard the sigh. He lifted his large head to better look her over. He was momentarily fearful that he had hurt her in his fervor.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
His concern made her aware of her slip, and she wondered if it made him sense that she'd felt wistful for a moment. She was quick to tuck away her thoughts of wanting, and her worries of how she might feel if she did truly leave his side with the intention of never seeing him again. It was the way of her mothers, and something she did not wish to go against...But while Erzulie and Rosalyn had found sires for their litters in a similar fashion, they had had someone to go home to at the end of it. Someone they loved. Chacal had only begun to realize that perhaps it was different for her, as her heart was still available. 

She could not decide whether to tell him how she truly felt, and because of that indecision she found it was likely best to hide it. She sighed again- this time, content, and she tilted her head back so he could see the ardor in her eyes. "I am happy," She assured him in a singsong voice. "Dere is much joy you have brought to me," She said.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
There was know reason that he saw for her slip, but that didn't mean that it should be shied away from. He'd rather leave her better than he found her not the other way around.  He wished he could know her name, or where she leaved, but instead he decided he'd share waht he could of himself and if she every wanted to hunt him out. She could. 

I won't ask you for nothing, and I don't expect nothing. However, if you ever wanna see me again. I'm beta of Swift current creek. It's that way. He motioned with his head.

He smiled at her, blue eyes alight and nuzzled her between her eyes and up. A gentle nibble at her ear.

I'm glad. You made me happy too, sea queen.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
She couldn't have asked for a more ideal match; especially considering the fact she'd passed his path twice now, but he still demanded nothing of her, not even her name. He seemed to understand that she did not intend for him to feel entitled, and that she had sought him out for a purpose...Still, it was kind of him to tell her more, if she decided to find him again for any reason. Perhaps he told her where he lived because he wanted to see her again, without encroaching on her territory. She appreciated that he gave her that space. 

The name of his pack was new to her, but she kept it in mind. If he was the beta, then there was a chance that his packmates were reasonable, like him. Still, there was a chance they might not approve of his decision to lend his genetics to another pack, so it was best that her identity was kept a secret. His nickname for her was enough, for now, and it made her glow happily. 

"I came out seeking de source for new life,
an' you 'ave given dat to me, wit'out strife.
A t'ousand thanks I give to you yet,
your kindness is a gift I will not forget."

She could not promise him she would find him again- but her gratitude was something she wished for him to carry with him, wherever he went.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric was trying to be as considerate as possible. She had sought him out for one thing, she had made it clear and he had hoped that he had delivered. A small part of him felt guilty for leaving her with possibly his children, but it seemed that was what she wanted. He supposed he could leave small offerings at the places he had met he upon in the coming months. Caches and the like. He didn't mind doing that. But that was a thought for future Arric not the present one. So he pushed the thought aside. 

Truthfully, Akavir wouldn't care one whit, what Arric did with his body or any other parts of him. As long as they didn't unsettle the creek or take Arric away.

Arric smiled. You sing beautifully, Sea Queen. And I'm glad I can help you out. I hope if it bears fruit their happy and healthy always.

His blue eyes were warm upon her. He hoped they could convey everything. He hoped she was happy and healthy always that the kids were. That he could possibly meet them someday. So many things. But he said none of it, because he wanted to respect what she wanted.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
going to fade this- feel free to reply or archive but UGH they are sweet <3 you are wonderful to write with.

Sometimes, she wondered if anyone questioned why she only ever spoke in song. Her secret, it seemed, would stay safe with only those who knew her well enough to know the truth. Without her siren song, she was paralyzed by stutters. 

But as for their future generation, their health and happiness she speak for. 
”Dey will be loved an’ cared for,
Dey will never want for more.”

The children of Sapphique did not want for fathers; they had mothers by the dozen. 

She would happily swim in the warmth of his embrace, until the quiet stole her away, and led her trailing back to her saltwater home, grateful for the promise she hoped would grow over the weeks to come.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
That they are. Thank you for the thread. And thank you for the kind words. You are lovely to write with as well.

Arric had briefly wondered at her words in song, versus talking. But he also knew it was none of his business. If she had wanted to tell him anything, she would have. She seemed to want to stay as private as she could, and he was fine with that. He hoped to see her again someday, but he wouldn't push himself upon her. He had told her where he lived, she could find him too. There was roads both ways.

A soft sad smile lit up his blue eyes, but he nodded. That's all I ask for. He would hold her as tightly as he could until she didn't want him to anymore, then he'd head back home. To a small hollow feeling in part of his chest where she took a piece of him with her.