Hushed Willows Grass Blows in the Wind and Willows Weep
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph had not yet found Hjolderfel and nervousness began to dog her footsteps but she had west to head yet and ground to cover so she did not let it worry her too much. A claim strong and she skirted the edges of it - it was fresh and yet beneath that there was not the many threaded stale scents of a many year claim. She did think it was the pack she sought since she did not recognize the scent but she skirted the borders travelling carefully so she could run the length of the territory and not risk missing a detail. The land was beautiful, serene and protected sheltered at the base of the mountain. But she was eager to pass on from the borders of another.

looking for @Reverie ^__^
backdated to be closer to this
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,442 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie was spending more of her time along the borders, still disturbed by her encounter with the first trespasser she'd ever had to deal with. This time the unfamiliar scent she caught was not deep within their territory but just beyond it; decidedly at the outskirts. That settled her some.

But she was still wary, more than anything, as she went to greet whoever was passing so close to their claim. Hello, Reverie called out as she neared the stranger. The wolf was dark-furred, threaded through with silver; no one familiar. Maybe it was another wolf of Epoch? She didn't want to be unfriendly. Her tail took up a gentle sway, and for now she didn't question the woman, only looked at her with a curious tilt of her head.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph heard the other wolf approach and considered fleeing, but that was more suspicious and it was a chance to offer trade and make Moontide's name known so she stilled and waited. When the wolf approached she tipped her head, letting her tail sway low, not afraid but deferential. "Hello, I apologize for lingering. I'm Heph of Moontide, I'm searching for a pack who moved to this mountain range recently." She offered by way of explanation and her own name.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,442 Posts
Ooc — xynien
This woman was different by far; she was immediately apologetic, introducing herself and her lack without a moment of hesitation. She was very pretty, Reverie thought distantly. Oh, it's okay! As long as you don't just walk in unannounced, we don't mind, She offered a gentle smile. I'm Reverie, and this is Hearthwood.

What pack are you looking for? Reverie asked next, thinking perhaps she could help. They only knew one of their neighbors, but as far as she knew, one was all they had. If it was Epoch that Heph sought, then she was in luck, but otherwise...
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Her eyes sparked hopefully at the prospect of learning where the pack was more quickly and she was glad to return the gentle smile of the golden eyed wolf before her. "Hjolderfel led by a warrior named Solveig." Perhaps she was in the entirely wrong place. She responded first, but something about the name seemed familiar. "Thank you, it's a pleasure to meet you. Reverie?" She let the name roll around in her memory for a moment until she recalled, crab hunting on the beach with Ajei. A slight laugh, but if this wolf was a friend of Moonglow then all the better for them both. "You might think me out of my mind but I have to ask. Have you met a young wolf named Ajei?"

Poor Rev Massaraq and Heph both remember her through the one fishing thread
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,442 Posts
Ooc — xynien
LOL it's cute tho!
Reverie was slightly disappointed to realize she didn't know that pack at all. Oh, I'm sorry, I don't know about that pack - but I do know Ajei, Moontide — Moonglow. How had she not made the connection sooner? I don't think you're out of your mind at all! Is Moontide associated with Moonglow?

It was odd to think these wolves knew her by her single meeting with Ajei. Better that than for the fact that she'd disappeared from Saltshore, she thought. She would have to find Vairë sometime, apologize, explain if she could. Reverie hadn't meant to leave. There were so many things she hadn't meant to do, but it had been so difficult to hold fast to anything while burning herself to ashes for a love that had ultimately been swept away with the wind.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph shrugged her shoulders easily, she was not troubled by more ground to cover only the time she had to cover it. "No worries, if I don't I'll just hope they answer the call when the hunt starts." A slight laugh edged into her voice.

But at the mention of Moonglow she sobered, face leveling out though still warm. After all it was difficult to explain how Moontide was connected to Moonglow without explaining Samani - and neither would Heph choose to forget the wolf who had founded their pack and been the glue between it and Moonglow. "Yes, our leader recently passed, but she was the daughter of Kukutux. Our pack is sister to Moonglow or perhaps daughter. Along with Moonspear and now Moonsong." She added in case those names meant anything. The saltshores were no more, and she had not seen Rhaegal in some time.

There was a moment of hesitation. After all she was not sure how Reverie might have known Moonglow, but the wolf had treated her kindly at the borders, helped Ajei one of their youth hunt, and exuded a warmth that Heph trusted. She made the decision quickly, let herself to be sure of it and continued. "They will be at the hunt as well, in perhaps eight or nine days time to the southwest of here in Hoshor plains. Hearthwood is welcome to come if you'd like to meet them again, our alpha Rodyn as well if you are interested in trade." She said with a wag of her tail and an upturn of her lips. Though the meeting was mostly to build up caches for the winter if many packs did gather then she had hope that it would also be a good time to discuss trade and strengthen the bonds between packs.

It is! <3
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,442 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Ah, the death she'd heard about. Reverie turned somber when Heph mentioned it, nodding quietly. I heard about that. From um, Massaraq. I'm sorry, She said softly, wishing again that she had more to offer than condolences. Death was such a cruel thing.

But it seemed Heph had more news, lighter news, and for that Reverie was grateful. A hunt between packs; her ears perked with interest immediately. It would be good for Hearthwood to attend, she thought. They were still a fledgling pack in many ways, lacking true connections within the wilds except for those Reverie had made personally. She nodded again after a moment, carefully brightening.

That would be wonderful - thank you for the invitation, She offered a gentle smile. I don't know if all of Hearthwood will come - some of our wolves are... shy, and still settling in. But I'll be there, and maybe my husband will come, too. Where exactly is um - Hoshor Plains? Reverie hadn't spent much time on the other side of the mountains. She'd always meant to explore the region, but then... well, life happened.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph gave a gentle nod of her head at the condolences. While they did not fail to offer some comfort some part of her wondered if receiving them would ever get easier. She did not know if Reverie had known Samani or not although perhaps in a way it did not matter. Since all wolves knew death. At the gentle smile she listened carefully. A brief nod at the mention of some wolves staying behind, it was sensible to not leave packlands defenseless and she also understood some wolves were less prone to wandering than others. "We look forward to having you." She replied a smile creeping back up on her face at the prospect of more to come. 

At the mention of a more exact location Heph gave instead directions, voice evenly filtering over her words. "The fastest and shortest route is about a day or two traveling quickly directly southwest through the mountains, from the last mountain you will see a river if you follow that river south towards the great lake you will pass through Hoshor plains. But if you do not wish to travel through the ridge you can follow the edge of the mountains north and then head west, stay in the mountain's shadow heading south when you reach the other side of the range and you will reach the plains once you cross the river and pass a grouping of hotsprings. The journey is more than twice as long but passes through fields and forests so the hunting should be good." She offered, unsure of how quickly they might travel.