Sleepy Fox Hollow Steady drifting, you're slowly dancing
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Private 
@Anselm only if you want they still have another. But i can't imagine Eti at least not looking for him which i can make it a read only. Just let me know.

Etienne had gotten the girl where he could. Had done the best he could. Now with still the smell of salt upon him from his trip to the sea a few days prior. An even mix with the blood, river and mud he had churned through to get the girl home. He was filthy, but his pelt could wait.

In his maw he had a small stick covered in honey and some aloe bundled in fur. He had some leaves of sage for the limp he had seen. Not as strong as the poppy, but if Anselm wanted it he would find it for him.
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
What were they going to do with someone's fucking kid?

Anselm sulked in the creek water. It stung the fresh wounds in his hide, but it numbed him too. The bitter cold stealing his senses away was simply a bonus.

Footsteps crackled down the bank. Anselm turned to see Etienne come to view, carrying a stick of sweetly honey and a bundle of something dried and old. No doubt for the girl.

His gaze flickered to a simmering glower. He said nothing, sinking lower into the water.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne would do the best he could to keep the girl safe and fed. But he wasn't perfect. It would probably run him ragged ah, but if she lived.

Etienne chuffed. Dere you be. I be bringin' you 'erbs for nose and pain in the legs.

Etienne settled and began to open his bundle. W'at 'appened? Unless you don't be wantin' talk about it.

A gentle noise in his throat.
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Etienne placed his bundle by the bank. As he opened it, Anselm could not help the curious pass of his gaze over the healer's wares.

It would be rude to stay in the water. He considered doing it anyway.

A sigh. Anselm loathed being vulnerable, but Etienne was the closest thing he had to a friend now. Even then, he was not going to be soft. I vas attacked. He dismissed his own culpability in said action. It is fine.

He moved from the bank, fur sodden and splattering as he came close enough to allow Etienne to administer any healing, but not so close that he appeared to entirely let his guard down.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Anselm looked over the herbs and Etienne gave a small wag of his tail.

Dere be 'oney and Aloe for de sting like i be usin before and sage if you want it for de pain in de leg. Fiona may 'ave somet'ing different. 'Er seems to t'iink i can't 'eal well, but.

Then Anselm pulled himself from the water and Eti lost his train of thought.

Etienne's throat felt to tight. His fur overly warm. Water dripped from Anselm. Layers of downy softness. Curling into all the hidden plains and angles of him. He blinked and took a shaky breath.

You be wantin' me to put it on or just tell you 'ow.

anselm didn't like touch and honestly Etienne didn't think it was a good idea for him to touch right now, but he would if Anselm preferred.
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Etienne named each of the artefacts at his feet. Anselm's passing glance rested on the honey, wondering what injuries Etienne had gone through to obtain so sweet a cache.

Part of him felt a sting of jealousy when Fiona was mentioned. It died away when he realized that there was more to the story Etienne had yet to share. He would learn it in time, he was sure.

Tell me how. Anselm was not so confident in himself to offer a glimpse of vulnerability. He would administer his own potions, even though once not so long ago, Etienne had bent over the Sonnewasser and tended his every bodily complaint.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne had honestly used the honey in a pinch for antiseptic when he had no other option and he found when muxed with the aloe it wasn't as sticky. And come on it smelled good.

Etienne didn't want to say more about Fiona, he still wasn't sure how he felt about her. If he wanted a friend or if she would irritate him into a grave.

Etienne nodded. Then motion3d with paw.

Small dab 'oney across de cuts, den aloe on top. Not a lot. De 'oney is for infection, de aloe to soot'e. De sage you eat, it not great.

Eti showed with the edge of a claw. Be careful you don't scrat' dem open. I be rite 'ere you need me.
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Instructed by the healer, Anselm set to work. He dabbed one paw in the caulking of honey, wincing as he spread it across his roughened muzzle. The aloe was more difficult; it left a stinging sensation along the fresh cuts of his face.

Etienne knew so much more about the world and plants than Anselm did. He wondered if he grew up with mentors, or if this was knowledge that came at the cost of hard experience.

The sage he left for last. Waddling it into a ball, Anselm's face scrunched as he chewed and swallowed. It left an acrid scent in his nose.

The silence that followed was the closest to gratitude Anselm would offer. Slinking back into the water, Anselm made sure to keep his nose above the stream.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Anselm did well enough. Gsrnered a soft smile and brightening of golden eyes from Etienne

You did good.

Dtienne had learned his healing from his granme and lessons about pain and heartache from a bear, and loss. Then he had learnwd about hunger and shame as he had walked from home.

Etienne looked him over and gave a soft nod. I be goin' back, unless you be likin' me to stay?
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Soft praise came from the healer, eliciting only a flick of his ear in response. Anselm was not yet confident in his true feelings, so remained silent. 

The voice behind him informed him that he’d be returning to the girl. Anselm felt a prickle of annoyance blade him; not at Etienne, but the child who already usurped so much of their energies. 

He thought of Raindrop, who used up their hospitality and then repaid them by leaving.

A grunt was all Etienne got in affirmation. Anselm waded deeper into the cold water, eyes set on the distant peaks ahead.