Stone Circle Get in the car
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
A pack meeting to discuss the Fertility Festival invitation! You can read more about the festival here !
Tagging adults (but children are welcome too!) @Valette @Alya @Nikai @Korei Julia @Mawk @Vespera @Evergreen @Thistle @Ira

Greyback diligently stood on the flat stone in the middle of Stone Circle, a spot meant for meetings within the pack— one that Valette had stood on many times to make announcements to all of them. He had just raised his head to send out a call, his loud, booming voice echoing within the air and spreading out past the border for all to hear.

As soon as the others showed he would give them an individual glance and nod, acknowledging their presence and thanking them for showing up before moving his gaze to Valette and stepping to one side of the stone, letting her stand next to him and take her place.
"Greetings," he started, his voice loud and clear as he turned to them. "I hope you all are well. I have gathered you all today to discuss an invitation to a gathering— a festival being held at Hushed Willows in almost a moon's time." The man stopped to gauge the reactions of the pack.

" Elysium was nice enough to invite all of Easthollow to celebrate fertility with them and the other neighboring pack's. Shall you decide to go, I expect all of you to be on your best behavior. That means being kind and courteous, respecting their rules as if they were our own." He let out a long exhale as he continued to watch the wolves. His ear's taunt and tail raised. The large male knew most of them wouldn't be trouble, but with new members he was a bit weary. "But that doesn't mean you can't have fun. I encourage all of you to make connections with others, form bonds and take what you can from this experience," He cracked a smile at them. "That is all."

lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The sound of her father's howl reached her ears clearly even at the borders. Something that annoyed her more than anything, even when she distanced herself his voice could carry like there was no gap at all. The last thing she wanted to do right now was answer to the male, but he was Patriarch now which meant there really wasn't a choice. She could be professional. She could push her feelings aside for the pack, just as she always had.

Ira arrived quickly, and from the looks of it before anyone else. She avoided her father's eyes and took a seat, simply looking to the surrounding forest hoping her packmates arrived soon so she could avoid being questioned. Once more wolves arrived, Greyback made his announcement about some sort of festival by the same pack that held one around a moon ago. Although, this festival seemed to be centered on repopulation and fertility. Something she could sit out. Besides if everyone went no one would be left to protect their territory, it only made sense. She wouldn't have anyone to spend time with at the event anyways.

#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia heard the call and began to move out to where the call had come from. There she saw Ira and Greyback. Her tail wagged upon seeing Ira, someone she found to be close. A very close friend. Then she looked up to Greyback, tipping her head a little with a happy look about her.

It sounded important. Until the pale wolfess heard the location. Hushed Willows. She knew who they were, and Korei was not sure if she was ready for that. Her tail curled around her hind legs as she was sitting. She said nothing, but her expression said all she had to say. She was not ready to see them again after walking away.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The young female was sniffing around the borders when she heard the male's call. Vespera raised her head to the sky, she then flattened her ears and her eyelids covered half her eyes, I can only guess what that means, he wants to meet with me now? Guess I have no choice... Vespera reluctantly turned her body around and slugged towards the call that Greyback made. Vespera was a bit surprised that the location was a bit different to where he said to meet her, and as she slowed to a stop, she noticed wolves had gathered. The young female felt a bit of relief as she could guess this wasn't a 'check your manners' session since he seemed to have called a pack meeting. But she was a bit annoyed that it wasn't Valette who made the call since she wouldn't have resisted coming to her call since she deeply respects the Matriarch, and at least she doesn't try to assert her dominance over me, she growled to herself but she put that thought to the back of her head and moved to a spot to where she didn't have to sit next to anyone. Vespera looked up at Greyback with perked ears as he went on about a festival that a pack named Elysium held and they were inviting all of East Hollow. The young female never heard of this pack since she liked living under a rock and keeping to herself but now she has to hear it. Greyback mentioned that they had to be kind and courteous and respecting their rules, to which Vespera felt that this sentence was directed primarily at her since the Patriarch seemed to be checking on her attitude all the time, rub it in why don't you, she thought to her self as she narrowed her eyes and slightly wrinkled her muzzle a bit, but she did this while looking away from the male. But Vespera put back a normal expression, looking back at the male, she huffed to herself when he said that they should try to make connections, uh yea one problem, the last time I tried to do that, they left me, she so badly wanted to say that to Greyback but she restrained. Vespera didn't want to hate on Brynn, it was her choice to leave and she had to respect that, but it still hurt since she felt she was the only one that she was making connections by herself without outside help. Thinking this, Vespera looked down at her paws again with a little gloom face, hoping that no one would notice her sudden change in mood, but she couldn't help it.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
In the past, whenever Oki and Kaisyn called the siblings, it was usually ringing the dinner bell.

Ears perked, Evergreen lifted his head from its resting position over his crossed legs. He had just gotten comfy for a nap when he heard it, but was now wide awake with curiosity. The brown wolf got to his feet rather quickly for his size and began trotting towards the area of the Patriarch's summons. Stones circled a clearing, and it was then that Evergreen realized how Easthollow's territory got its name.

Quietly, he glanced at each member present; only recognizing the leaders and Ira by name. It showed that he really needed to connect with his pack more. Thistle was likely to appear soon, but for now, Evergreen hesitantly approached @Ira, and gave the unknown female (Korei Julia) a quick smile in greeting before sitting down. Of course, he left plenty of space should either feel uncomfortable with his presence and wish to shoo him away. Hi, hope you don't mind me sitting here, Evergreen whispered to the girls before the meeting officially began.

Once Greyback started his announcement, Evergreen's focus turned completely towards him; absorbing information akin to a sponge. Being new to the area, however, the bearish wolf felt lost and unaware of the pack the Patriarch spoke of. Just when he thought he knew them all, another was discovered! Although the festival itself was of little interest to the single male, he had to admit it would be fun to see another pack and their culture first hand.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
16 Posts
Ooc — Wren
Greyback's booming voice was far easier to hear than her mother's, or even her uncle's ever was. Thistle heard it as she stalked a flitting wren through the brush, honing her skills on keeping track of the bird even if it would never suffice for a meal. She lifted her head above the brush and turned toward the sound, the bird forgotten for the moment. It took a moment of careful planning--and quite a bit of rustling--before she disengaged from her hunt entirely, trotting off to investigate.

She spotted their Patriarch first, responding to his nod with a quick smile before scanning the crowd for her brother. Thistle didn't know anybody else, yet, though she hoped to remedy that quickly. For now, she moved closer to Evergreen, settling in and watching her leaders attentively.

The announcement earned an excited whine from the roan wolf, her tail starting to wag. Oki had told stories about holidays and big gatherings, though they had never participated as far as Thistle could remember. Though a celebration of fertility wasn't to her interests at the moment, the festival sounded like fun.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette trotted to the circle. Her mind was getting a bit fuzzy. She realized that her heat was close. It was pretty clear with his scent intensifying. However, Valette knew that this was only the build up to what was to come. She stepped onto the stone next to Greyback who announced that there would be a fertility festival. She glanced to the side at her mate. It was clear she didn't intend to go especially not when she would be most fertile and surrounded by strangers.

"Let it be clear that even though it is to celebrate fertility I do not want any of you to return pregnant or father of a litter of pups," Valette stated strictly after Greyback was done speaking. She made sure to look everyone in the eye that she meant it. Perhaps these were not the ones she should 'worry' about, however, it did happen before that females got pregnant without permission and Valette was not very keen in dealing with that. Valette's tail was up high as she stood on the flat stone. The good thing about this was that hopefully she and Greyback had some more time alone without getting interrupted.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai arrived with @Alya and soon after they arrived at the meeting Greyback started to speak. Nikai smiled in silent greeting at Korei, then listened to what their patriarch had to say. There was a fertility festival, apparently. Nikai glanced at Alya and quirked an eyebrow in silent question of wanna go?, then looked back at Greyback as he shared the details of this festival. It might be nice to meet some of the wolves from the other pack, Nikai thought.

When Valette sternly reminded everyone not to return pregnant or a father-to-be Nikai stifled a chuckle. He'd never given it much thought, being a father, though it made him wonder if it was something that Alya wanted. Sounds like it'll be fun, Nikai said with a smile, hoping that they'd all go together. When is it? Will they call for us?