Firefly Glen I've got a reason for what I believe in, and I've got the love of the power I know
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior

The weather had cooled significantly, though Hydra was not bothered by this. Her furs already filling out in preparation of the even cooler weather to come, the change had little effect on her at all except for the reminder that Winter was well on its way to them. Still, migrations had not yet begun and the hunting was fruitful. 

Passing from Moonspear to the Glen, Hydra adjusted her trajectory to meet with her son and aid him in the claiming of the Glen further. Pausing now and then to add her own scent into the fold, and pleased to observe others of Moonspear having done the same, she continued on her path toward the tawny Ostrega. He and the rest of those among the Glen had done well to swiftly make this place their own, and her heart swelled with pride.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris was within the rendezvous's tangled woodlands, digging a stockpile for the two weasels who laid at his side. He had taken a break from patrolling today and had opted to contribute to their growing food collection while the hunting was bountiful. 

The sound of approaching footfalls caught Osiris' attention, and he paused his efforts with a knowing smile; he had immediately recognized the sound of his mother's steps. "Mom," he greeted, standing and looping in Hydra's direction as she approached. Once she was near enough, he reached out to nip her cheek tenderly. "It's good to see you," he said, pulling from their brief embrace.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
You and ours have done so well, she commended as he bridged the remainder of the gap between them, the Glen is as good as ours even now, she hummed, drawing up alongside him to nip his shoulder affectionately. Preening him idly, mindful of windswept knots, she withdrew once she was satisfied. Have you any updates for me? she wondered aloud with a twinkle in her eye, wondering what new things he might have learned.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris beamed at Hydra's praise. They had all done wonderfully, and he was incredibly proud of the effort that everybody had contributed. As she groomed his wind-swept twists, he allowed himself to mentally drift for a minute; he was always soothed when she tended to his fur. "Not too much to report at this point," he admitted, his voice dozy. "We've been working on getting all the badgers out of our heartlands, and we've had more wolves join us. They all seem capable." 

Then, another thought struck him, "We've seemed to attract the attention of some of Mal's children. I've had two of them come to the borders out of curiosity," he thought of Caerus and Liliana fondly; neither of their interest had done any wrong. "Though, I did have some issues with another member of their pack: Jackalope," he recalled, and unexpectedly tense at the memory. He didn't like how the other wolf still had that power over him.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened while she groomed; she kept in mind that she must kill any badger she came across to aid in his efforts. Pests, those things. Tell me of the joiners, she drawled firstly, wanting to know who new would be among their fold now. What were they like? She would have to meet with them soon herself, though her own priority had been to find her daughter and to ensure the rest of her cubs were well looked after, too... all while maintaining Moonspear, to boot. She was grateful for the support of the entirety of her pack, Osiris among them. 

As he spoke of children, from Neverwinter no less, Hydra withdrew to better look at her emerald-eyed son. I take it they have returned where they belong? She inquired. Though it would amuse her to think they wished to be here rather than there, if they were young it could not be had without his own agreeing to it—that, and if they could not hunt yet what good were they? 

Selfish thoughts, and perhaps hypocritical given her willingness to take in Meerkat—but the girl was family to them. Another wolf was mentioned; they were unfamiliar to her (in name), but she took the words of her son quite seriously. Issues, she echoed, seeking clarification there.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"Dhalia and Lunaria," were the two newest members that came to mind. Osiris had only met them both briefly, and he would make time for each of them once they had officially settled. "Dhalia told me that she was raised by traveling healers. She offered her talents to us as both a Scout and Medic," both skillsets would be useful. "Lunaria is kind and was quick to offer her help in searching for Mira." He had been cautious in trusting her, but it had paid off in the end. 

To Hydra's next question, Osiris confirmed, "Yes, they have all returned home." He would be diligent in keeping them out of the glen. 

Remembering the conversation with Jackalope caused Osiris' smile to thin. "Yes," he confirmed quite seriously. "Leta had found him trespassing, and eventually, he threatened us when he thought that he had to report to Mal that we had settled in the glen. I was quick to assure him that his leader already should have been aware of us settling." His ear gave an irritable flick, and his expression soured. 

"What bothered me most was how he treated Leta. He looked at her with hungry eyes—as though she were a piece of meat to devour. And talked of spending time with her..." he trailed, his body angrily clentching as he recalled the memory.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Dhalia, Lunaria. Hydra took those names in and would remember them; she was doubly pleased to hear that the child had been returned home to Mal. As far as the issues went, Hydra found herself not terribly surprised. Still, the claim was young and new—she did not expect Mal to have made the rounds to the whole of his pack to share their plan with them, in knowing of his nature. But then she was somewhat surprised he had not, in knowing of Moonspears (and so by proxy, the Glen). 

Hmm. I take it you handled that well enough alone, she remarked, looking him over once again to see if he wished for her own intervention. Has he returned? She asked next. When he went on to speak about Jackalope and his treatment of Leta, her ears pricked and she inspected her son all the more for a beat before determining had it been her, she would not have appreciated her subordinates being treated any such way. 

And so she said with ease, if you feel as though any of your members are being threatened, you reserve the right to handle that how you wish. I have chased wolves from my borders for mere suspicion alone, and whatever their opinion or any others for it... it matters not to me, so long as my own are safe at the end of the day. If he has said he would spend time with Leta, perhaps speak with her on it to see if they have met again, she suggested. She seemed, again, to think on something... and she spoke once more, wishing only to be truthful with her son. 

Leta is a gentle wolf. There are many gentle wolves within this world. While it is not for us to make their decisions for them on how they feel, you and I have the difficult role on making the decisions for who to permit near our territory. If you continue to think Jackalope is dangerous, trust your intuition. It might upset Leta, not allowing him near the Glen, but if he does have a bad bone within him, at least it will not be you and yours hurt by it, she advised. That went for any wolf his intuition might deem dangerous or bad, too—an important lesson for him to know.