Redsand Canyon Trader Joe's Snacksnop
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn still carried his bundles with him. His mind on far reaching things. He had scented a pack nearby and so with anticipation and wariness he made his way to another border. This time a weasel in his jaws. Not one that he needed yet, but before it's fur would turn white. He sidestepped and moved away from the pack lands. About ten feet or so from the border and he lifted his nose in inquiry.

@Germanicus.

He wasn't sure who would come, didn't really care all that much. He just wanted help felling a deer, to touch base find out if they needed something in return for something he could offer and also to mention the missing pup. He was fairly positive the pup would not be here, but perhaps the eagle had flown this far.

The weasel lay at his feet, his furs and shells to his right, and he waited patiently on his haunches for whomever saw fit to meet him..
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the imperator was swift.

he looked at the other and the things that he had brought. "are you a merchant?" he asked.

the yellowpaint eyes were unreadable, but already he did not see the man as a threat.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
]

Rodyn smiled and gave a nod. Of sorts I am trader from moonglow. I am a trading task from moonwoman to secure my future in the pack.

He nosed at the weasel. And my mother always said to bring a gift, so the wrasel is for you. Sorry it's not anything more.

Rodyn shifted. I'm Rodyn Ardeth.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
moonglow. moonwoman.

germanicus saw only the heathen nature of this word and this title.

he looked at the offering and nodded. "i am germanicus, imperator of mereo. i accept."

he knew little of moonglow and none of their ways. "well met, rodyn ardeth. what is this trading task?"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn dipped his muzzle respectfully. Well Met Imperator Germanicus.

Rodyn tilted his head and spoke softly. To secure my future, and prove that I am a good hunter and trader. Skilled for the pack. Moonwoman Kukutux has imparted upon me a multitude of furs to gather. Otter, Stag, Ermine. I have the otter furs, Ermine I cannot hunt until the winter comes, for their white furs, but I need the stags.

Rodyn shifted and lifted his head, but stayed neutral his eyes averted. I also am to share my knowledge if you wish it. I can show you to dry furs, I can help gather things, share stories, and take knowledge back to my pack. Not necessarily of your pack, but whatever you wish to share. It is a task of Honor, sir.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
he offered many things. it seemed this was a mission of sorts.

"i will help you," he agreed. "come. put your things over the border." and he moved to grab a bundle if allowed.

he meant to lead rodyn just beyond, where a shelf of rock jutted. and here he set things. "this may take the remainder of the day," he told the moonglow wolf. "are you prepared to stay?"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
It was a mission of sorts, though it was not the words Rodyn had been given to dhare.

Rodyn followed with his other bundles and nodded his head. As he settled them near.

He blinked and dipped his muzzle. Yes I am prepared to stay, Sir.

Rodyn shifted and waited for the other to lead the way.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
he led the way up a winding mountain path and did not stop until the scent of bucks could be taken.

germanicus lifted his head. he proceeded along until the clack of antlers could be heard. the man glanced to rodyn then, thoughtful. "what is your tactic, traveller?"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn followed behind, eyes on the above. The sounds of antlers pricked his ears forward, and he slowed, breathing even listening. He tilted an ear to the Imperator and spoke soflty.

I can do either or. With my hunter friend Astraios, one goes for head, other hocks and we switch off and on, so to confuse and also injure. Fast on our feet to keep from gouging horns. And we take turns going for the kill. I will kill one time and he the next.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus nodded. his mind filed away the grecian name. "take point." the eagle's instruction was clear. he would follow.

he waited to see what the wolf would do.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn nodded and then with practiced ease as if he had been doing it for years, which technically he had. He moved into position. Body melding into almost perfect stance. Deep even breathing as he took a breath then another, then without another sound silent footfalls, he went towards the sound of antlers and scuffing.

Yellow eyes assessed. Studied. There was a large male, doe, older male. He circled and then struck, driving the older male from the herd. Keeping an eye on his back side. He goaded and retreated and then back again. The more fertile and healthy herd, rushing away, as the elder struck at him with antlers.

Deep snarls lifted from his chest.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the man cut into the herd and separated their target.

the imperator swept forward. his teeth gleamed and he too drove the beast on.

but rodyn must choose their path. he would only guide for now.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
[

Rodyn struck once bloodying the creatures snout. His teeth digging into the soft flesh. The deer tore it up and away with bloody spray.

His antlers catching a brief snag against the already scabbing shoulder.

Rodyn continued once and twice finally digging paws into the ground and grasping one of the creatures legs between teeth, crunching upon sinew and bone. His blood mixing in with the creatures. He would bring the deer to its knees and hope the imperator would either hold it down or make the death kill.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the stranger had earned his pound of flesh.

germanicus cut its jugular cleanly and stepped from the spray of blood. when the animal had finished shuddering against the ground, he looked to the man.

"moonglow has good hunters."
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
The wound in his shoulder smarted, but he quickly licked at the blood and repositioned the scab. Though it was hanging. It would keep it at bay until this business was done.

Rodyn smiled. I'm glad you think so.

He tilted his head. Would you like to make a meal from the organs before i field dress it?
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the eagle shook his head. "i will help you."

no need to sit back and let the other do such work. he prepared to cut away the fat and gristle, giving the other space to do his own slashing. two would make a quick study of the task.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
[q

Rodyn bent to the task of tearing the skin gently and separating fat and muscle. Larger chunks yet manageable for the two to carry. The meat would be for Mereo. The fur for him, unless the imperator wanted another. But that would be a question for after.

He spoke, You are also a very good hunter sir. I would relish other hunts with you.

And he would to rodyn a hunt gave you the measure of a man. The imperator was quick on hia feet and skilled a fine hunter.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus considered. "i am in need of fighters to pitch a battle with my soldiers. a large spar, if you will. your home, moonglow: is it open to such things?"

the meat would fill the caches and feed mereo for a time. he was grateful.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn dipped his head. I would spar if you like. As for the rest of the pack. I would need to seek my leaders council, but she has made other such a thing. I will return after snow flies with an answer if it pleases you?

Rodyn would be glad to train under thr leader. And his first thought was of Shikoba and Aiolos. Even the younger males could benefit from such things.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus nodded. "you will be well received when you return." he liked the man and enjoyed his company; he wished the moonglow wolf well.

in time he sat back. "i must return to my duties."
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn offered a small kindly, mannerly smile. Thank you.

The soldier sat back and told that it was time for him to leave. Rodyn nodded his head and bent to the task of shouldering some of the burden.

I'll help you carry this back. Do you have others that can dig a cache for it?

He could offer that too. That was one stag down.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"i do. we will lay it upon the grass and i will see that a place is made for it."

in time he would walk with rodyn back to the borders and there let him leave with a greeting and a kind word.