Hushed Willows Do you laugh about me whenever I leave, or do I just need more therapy?
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,418 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Dated 02/26
Reverie had taken a break from digging to clean herself up, perhaps relax for a time. All the dirt had been shaken from her fur, and now she was rubbing her flanks against rivulets of clean meltwater she'd found trickling down the stone. Every few seconds she stopped to shake herself out.

Eventually she was clean. But her fur was a mess, all wild and spiked with water. Reverie shook herself again, and again, and again. The end result was a rather round mass of golden fluff — and Reverie peering out from the center of it, her face still spiky with water. She sat down and set to work grooming herself back to normalcy, deciding that she would have a nap when she'd finished.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Hushed Willows
Singer
103 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
It had taken awhile — an embaressingly large amount of time — to catch the rabbit. Really, he should have gave up when it had skittered into its burrow. But for whatever reason he thought it less work to commit to digging it up rather than calling it quits. In hindsight he would've chosen the latter option; now he was completely out of energy for the day. But at least he'd have something to eat.

Well, that was until he came across Reverie. Fresh from batheing he assumed.  Abel's head hung low when he saw her.

Oh, hey. Didn't expect to see you here, he greeted through fur. Then without much thought he followed up with, Were you hungry? I caught this a little earlier. His demanding stomach could not keep up with his slew of words. You can have this, I mean, if you want.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,418 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Her ears perked at Abel's approach; she paused the frantic grooming of her fur, eyes finding the rabbit as he spoke. It seemed to her that he offered it reluctantly. Either way, she didn't want it. Reverie shook her head with a faint smile for his politeness. I'm okay, but thank you, She said softly. Her appetite had dwindled to nothing, and she did not anticipate eating again until after her children were born.

She yawned. I'm too tired for food. It's a lot of work, you know, preparing for kids. Then they come out and they can't even poop by themselves... Reverie yawned a second time and went back to grooming herself.
Hushed Willows
Singer
103 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
Admittedly he was relieved by her rejection, and he'd relish in it later as he ate. For now he'd deny the feeling, shooing away a prickling guilt.

No worries. He tossed the rabbit aside, giving her his full attention. Had he not he would have second guessed her last statement.

Abel blinked, bewildered. Wait, huh? He was no expert when it came to babies, so that little fact was — well it was shocking to say the least. That is, wow, that's pretty... gross.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,418 Posts
Ooc — xynien
You have to lick them. To get them to poop, Reverie said bluntly, pausing to glance at Abel and see his reaction. A giggle slipped from her. It is pretty gross.

She sobered a bit then, her thoughts whisked away by more serious matters. I won't be able to leave my den much once they're born. Not for a few weeks, She sighed. Have you ever seen the valley to the east during spring? It's beautiful. A note of longing tinged her voice.
Hushed Willows
Singer
103 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
Oh my god. Well! That was news to him. And with that came a an opened floodgate of followup questions to stew in his mind. Like, when could they just poop on their own like normal? What other hidden horrors came with parenthood? He shook his head. He didn't want to be disturbed by the thought any further, nor did he wish to learn anything new of it.

The conversation took a detour — thank god — to places further off. Again Abel shook his head. Haven't really seen too many valleys in my travels actually. He always prefered the cover forests provided as a nomad. What's it like? What's there to see?
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,418 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Oh, there's all sorts of things to see! Reverie brightened to be speaking of the valley, the first place she'd called home upon entering these wilds. There's a pack by a beautiful creek - and a meadow not far from there. Another pack lives around this giant stone circle... that's Kvarsheim. She quieted a little at that, struck by the ferocity of her longing for the place. For Gunnar and Bjarna and Tauris, though she knew Bjarna would not be there. Not anymore.

It's lovely in spring. But I first saw it in winter, She went on more softly now, gaze wandering as she remembered.
Hushed Willows
Singer
103 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
It sounded like the east valley was bustling. A couple packs that claimed the surrounding areas; one that resided near a... giant stone circle? Well then, I'll have to check it out sometime. If only get an accurate image of these giant stones, if anything.

Abel leaned over to grab the rabbit that had been thrown to the side. But I should head off for now. Doin' stuff, y'know? Eating stuff, though he doubted it'd come easy following baby poop talk. But he appreciated the unexpected conversation anyhow. 

I'll get out of your hair, he said as he began to walk forward.