Stone Circle Well, I've been afraid of changing
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Kallik's ears perked as the woman spoke, and he watched her with some curiosity, interested enough to at least watch whatever she did. He still wasn't up for moving forward, though. Dad and Valette tried to coax his brother from the den, which he didn't understand. Why not just let him stay inside if that was what he wanted? But since he was neither talking nor in a position to comment on what the adults did, he just watched on worriedly. 

Ikiaq did finally come to the entrance of the den, and the little bear's attention returned to the woman who had introduced herself as their aunt Taki. She was pale like dad but her eyes were different. She seemed nice enough but this was still too much newness for him so soon after the trauma of losing his mother. 

Instead of moving forward, he settled himself closer to his sister, taking comfort in her familiarity.
Inuttuk
Common
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Taqtuk's divided her attention between Takiyok and Ikiaq; the stranger was intriguing, and her brother wasn't complicent—both of which stole her attention. Taktuq did feel bad for her brother, and her gaze towards him was sympathetic, but her commiseration was limited. Ikiaq was too far away for her to offer any physical comfort, and she was not going to leave @Siarut and @Kallik. Despite the fact she was outdoors, Taktuq felt safe with her father and the rest of her siblings. 

When Kallik moved closer, Taqtuk pushed herself nearer to him as well. Placing her head against her shoulder, she let out a slight whine; there was so much uncertainty—namely her brother's hesitation and the stranger in front of them. With everything going on, Taktuq didn't know what to make of it all.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was relieved when Ikiaq decided to follow his siblings. The female quickly followed behind him out of the den. Valette spotted a white female and dipped her head to the female. "Hello," she greeted. "I'm Valette, Nanook's sister," she introduced. The female then looked at the youngsters, they all looked so uncomfortable. It saddened her to see them this way. They seemed to lack that eagerness to explore, hopefully once memories wouldn't be so fresh they might be more willing to explore.

Valette sat by the den entrance for if the youngers wanted to go back in or wanted her support as well. For now, they seemed fine with Siarut's company. She was glad for it.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She nodded at Valette's introduction, her relation to the puppies clear now. I am Takiyok, Sia's sister, she offered in return. I am sorry for your loss, she offered next. She wished she could do more than offer condolences, but there wasn't much anyone could do in these situations. 

Her attention returned to the children, and she smiled at them fondly. Then her gaze lifted to Sia. Who is who? she asked. She would just try to keep a normal conversation and hope that the pups grew accustomed to her presence, at least enough to come closer and meet her properly. And if they didn't, then there was always next time.
Inuttuk
Common