Redsand Canyon winnowing
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
All Welcome 
set for 8/10!

pharaoh left behind @Satsu and @Jawahir. the mesa rose at his back for some time, but as soon as he crossed to the sunspire, it faded from view.
the trek was arduous, and before he sought the saints, he ensured that he had rested and bathed.
for nothing, ramesses soon found, treading upon the clinging red sand of the paths downward.
a call now, for @Kynareth Deagon and @Nyra.
he had come to fulfill their bargain.
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn recognizes that howl and he’s too eager to show. Galloping through the dunes and traversing the mostly flat land of the canyon, Kyn slows to a trot when Ramesses is within sight. But his brows instantly furrow at the sight of him. 

Where is @Satsu?

The thought both worries him and pisses him off. Had something happened to her on their journey? Is she dead, hurt, or injured? He’s concerned for the soft agouti woman, but he tries not to let his careless emotions fly out of wack too fast — at least for Ramesses’ sake.

So he stops before the male, a terse smile greets him. “Ramesses, you’ve come.” He hums at least happy to see him. “Where is Satsu? Is she okay?” He wonders with a bit of tension coiling beneath his body.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
anyone else can hop in anytime <3

"divine one. satsu not only lives, but thrives. she holds control of our growing numbers as we speak."
pride, shining in pharaoh. he swept on. "you wish secrets. knowledge. satsu and i seek to build ... a retreat. one that will please men and bring their hidden words to the surface."
he thought, strikingly, of charles now.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Ramesses mentions Satsu’s good health and even something about growing numbers. Which has him not only surprised but confused. He doesn’t show it though, only hum out a sound of acknowledgment as the gold tipped Pharaoh continues. 

Kyn’s face becomes one of reluctant intrigue. “Oh?” He hums deeply, but not extremely enthusiastically. “And why did she and the rest not tag along with the all mighty Pharaoh?” He doesn’t say it sarcastically, only matter-of-factly. “And what kind of place would squeeze the secrets from people like you say?” 
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
the grandmaster grew inscrutable. ramesses grew more expansive. "a brothel. a pleasure-house. i have found little jewels of the desert to be our, ah, staff. you know the power of a coyote's network," pharaoh purled.
he was waiting for nyra to materialize and threaten him, but spoke on glibly. "this place is near to this canyon. i sent only myself so the new claim might be better held." a pause. "south, divine one, to the edge of these mountains. look at the red sphinx of stone sitting upon the flatland. it has been ours for some time now, claimed in the fragrance of the saints."
an embellishment. but ramesses had made his move, and now stood waiting upon the board.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
*Doom metal starts playing in the BG*

Nyra at this time had been on patrol, and upon hearing the call of Ramesses, she trusted Kynareth to answer while she, herself, took the time to come from behind, paws silent like smoke as she came up behind Ramesses, hopefully unnoticed by the prideful ex-royal as Kynareth held conversation. 

Finally, now:

"If these words are true, perhaps you and Satsu wouldn't mind if we paid this brothel of yours a visit?" 
Words like razors, barely withheld from the throat of the ex-pharaoh. Her shrewd yet hellfire gold eyes silently challenged Ramesses regardless of if he turned to see her. 
Directly yet without callout, she was calling his bluff. Everything in her aura screamed that refusal of her suggestion would strike the telltale sign of lying.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
—a brothel.

Somehow Kynareth wasn’t expecting that and it shows by the light raising of twin cream brows. Satsu? The one who doesn’t approve of murder but approves of selling ones body for secrets. He wants to laugh, so he does. It’s loud and cut short, rather a harsh bark of laughter than anything too long and hearty. His amusement is shown in the wide open mouthed smile and the sparkle in coingold eyes.

Though the Grandmaster doesn’t mean to interrupt, so he quiets himself just as quick. A sly and very tempting smile stills shows on his maw as the male explains and as of on cue the pale Overseer shows herself. His eyes flick to her as she speaks and Kyn nods.

“Damn,” Kyn laughs out once more. “I can’t help but say that it’s not a bad idea if what you say is true. Couldn’t see Satsu signing off on that either, but I suppose I don’t know her like I thought. But I would like to visit, maybe catch myself some of the spoils.” He purrs with a joking wink.

He schools himself but the mirth in his expression and smile are not lost. He nods in agreement to Nyra. “You have my blessing and I would like to stop by every once in a while. It’s a grand idea.” If what he says is true. Kyn adds mentally. His doubt is only halfhearted but he’s always looking out for signs of betrayal. It has no focus on Ramesses or Satsu personally, only his experiences. 

“And you will tell me of these secrets you learn, if any? And what is this coyote’s name you speak of. I must meet them.” He hums back with a cheeky smile.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
the smooth courtier's expression did not shift when nyra made her demand. and yet, pharaoh was annoyed at the mental image of the overseer traipsing through the red earth of the mesa. "of course. though," and this time his gaze leveled toward the sunless woman for a brief moment, "kynareth may find more diversion there than you." there were no male coyotes at this time, none that he could see.
"her name is jewel," pharaoh said softly. for that was its meaning, but jawahir would be given the pleasure of introducing herself. "and you are correct. satsu does not care for the dalliances had there. but it is a large enough place. she will have her own chambers, and not be persuaded to another's."
unless, of course, she chose suddenly to join their flesh-peddling.
"anything pertinent will be relayed, divine one." ramesses' handsome face was a study in patience. "when jewel brings more gems, perhaps we might have an arrangement. a beautiful harlot, sent to tend the fighters while you hunt."
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra inwardly smiled as Kynareth agreed. Visiting this place would likely prove to be essential in making sure loyalty was still weaved within Ramesses and Satsu both. 
Here in this moment though, Nyra offered a thoughtful hmmm, considering what could be done with all of this. She could say she had no need for male coyotes, but after Charles and her had mated months ago, that wouldn't quite be true. 

In the meantime though, while in her thoughts, she would offer silence as Pharaoh and her Co-lead further discussed.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
The Pharaoh humors his Grandmaster, which makes him bubble out another string of easy laughter. Though he does admit that this coyotes name is Jewel. Kyn smirks slyly at that. He doesn’t say it out loud, but could they have a more suggestive name?

Though as Ramesses carries on he mentions how Satsu clearly has no desire to join in on the fun. This makes him feel a bit better. Perhaps it would keep her out of danger then. He wouldn’t want anything to happen to her despite their previous disagreements regarding the Grandmaster’s tactics to pointless murder and war. 

For the remainder of Ramesses words, Kyn listens and nods, occasionally humming back. When he’s finished Kyn concludes the conversation as a whole with a confident nod.

“Hm, alright. I like the idea I say carry on as planned. I require you or Satsu check up with us every three weeks or so, unless one of us decides to come down to you.” Then another sly smirk spreads his lips to reveal sharp teeth. “I may have to come try out this quaint little coyote for myself. Y’know just to reap the spoils and all.” It comes out in a suggestive purr and anyone with ears and eyes would know what he means. Which surely, regarding the past month or so, would earn him a scowl from Nyra. Kynareth can’t help it, he’s a womanizer at heart. Okay
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
the notion of requirements flamed through pharaoh. and yet he maintained his courtly resolve. "i think you will find your tastes catered there, divine one," and here he stood to his paws.
"one of us will return to you here."
the thought of blood, washing away the saints during their war —
he kept it to himself, and bowed to both kynareth and nyra. when the proud head lifted, he waited to be dismissed. 
and in his soul, the image of the mesa burned unwaveringly.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra maintained her razored appearance, suspicious and alert as Ramesses and Kynareth continued to talk. 
To Kynareth's comment, Nyra did indeed scowl a little bit, but otherwise remained silent until the ex-royal waited for dismissal. 
To this, the Empress waved her tail once and huffed softly, almost under breath. 
"If Kynareth has nothing else to say, then you can go." She stated, walking around Ramesses to stand at her co-lead's side.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
As the Grandmaster watches Nyra eye down the golden pharaoh, he wonders why she distrusts him so. Perhaps he should be jumping on that band wagon, but it’s not a custom for him to blatantly not trust his pack mates unless given reason to. So far, he has not given him a reason to. 

So as Nyra moves to stand next to him, Kyn would nod his agreement. “You’re dismissed.” Are is only words spoken in a casual way.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
<333

ramesses seared with anger to be treated as a vassal!
he turned and moved smoothly in the direction of the path that led out of the sunspire. he knew himself handsome and beauteous more beneath the blessing of Amun.
but when he crossed the threshold of eyeshot, pharaoh looked back toward the canyon with a darkening and terrible expression.
off, to akashingo.
he would run through the night.