Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Pack Formation 
Rodyn moved through the bare bones of the pack lands they were starting. His mind went to Sapphique and he was still wondering if he should head up there. He wanted to have good relations with other packs. Especially if they were to thrive on trading and offering their services. This would make him extremely happy. To share the spoils of the earth with like minded individuals. Grow his family well.

He stopped at the edge between the sea and the forest and took a deep breath of the tangy salty air. The cool edge to it, made him shiver a little, but yellow eyes lit up as he bent to the task of digging the borders in deeper. He would make it so no one would ever mistakenly cross into their territory. He moved through the motions. Thoughts on the den he was still forming in his mind for Samani.

for @Caracal <3
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
He found himself meandering down the coast again, curious whether Rhaegal and Vairë were still lingering at the bay. Caracal didn’t see them, though he thought he picked up their scents as he moved toward the forest on the far side of the bay. Here he intended to turn and retrace his steps back to the island.

A figure caught Caracal’s eye. His heart squeezed in his chest. The wolf reminded him of his dad, who he promptly pushed from his mind. This wasn’t Reyes. This stranger’s fur was more brown than red, plus he was much larger than Caracal’s estranged father. Nonetheless, the resemblance momentarily muted him, stopping him from calling out his usual friendly greeting.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A noise caught him off guard and he swung large head towards it. Yellow eyes narrowing, though he quickly moved his body into a more neutral position when he saw that it was another wolf, not a large one mind, but one all the same. Looked a bit like a fox honestly with their coloring.

He weaved his tail behind him with a gentle swing. Hallo. He called out a small smile on his face. It was good to see other's passing by, it meant they would have neighbors, which honestly that could be both good and bad, but Ro was hoping for the former rather than the latter.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
The stranger’s shout pulled him out of his perturbation. Caracal blinked and then managed a smile, glad that the man’s voice sounded absolutely nothing like Reyes’s.

Hey! he replied, moving closer to where the other male stood close to the fringe of the forest, near the water. I’m Caracal. I’m from Sweetharbor, he introduced.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He waved a friendly paw. Not privy to the man's own silent war between himself and he'd have not known who this wolf was anyway.

I'm Rodyn Ardeth, formerly from Moonglow. Pleasure to meet you Caracal.

he blinked in thought. I met a she wolf there once, but goodness I can't remember her name. Bit of a princess type. But kind enough.

He scratched a paw along the dirt.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Formerly? he repeated in his head, prepared to ask the question aloud when Rodyn said something that captured his attention. Did he mean he’d met someone from Sweetharbor? Caracal was surprised, not having expected that name to mean anything to anyone but Heda and himself.

Where, the island? he asked for clarification, intrigued by this mention of a “princess type.” What did she look like?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was pretty certain the woman had said Sweet Harbor, but their conversation hadn't gone long and he hadn't met any of the leaders at the time. What was her name, it was driving him mad. Kasey? Cassie? KACIA

Her name was Kacia. She was white with long fur and some I don't know reddish, tannish accents.

He shifted and lifted a stocky shoulder. We didn't speak long. i had stopped on my bride price journey to trade, but the leaders weren't there that day.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Evidently he’d remembered. Neither the name nor the description meant anything to Caracal. He wondered how long ago Rodyn had met her. It must’ve been during the period of time when Sweetharbor had been an official pack and not just two lovebirds nesting on an island.

Rodyn said something even more interesting, prompting Caracal to ask, What’s a bride price journey? before thinking to add, I don’t know a Kacia, though the pack isn’t really a pack these days. It’s just Heda and me, and, possibly one day, his sister and nephew.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
It had taken him some time, but he remembered her at least a little. It had taken some digging. It hadn't been a very sound meeting. Nor one that had been of importance to either. They had both been rather distracted.

In Moonglow, when you wish to marry. You must give a bride price. Usually the bride will ask for it. But since I was wanting to marry the daughter of the leaders. I was given my bride price Journey by Kukutux. I had many furs and things to gather. To show that I was capable of taking care of Samani, building ahome for her and my own worth.

Sorry to hear that. We are actually trying to start a pack here and at the moment, it's just myself, Samani and two others. So I understand small numbers.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Heda had asked him to stay in a cave overnight and talk to God. Caracal felt like he’d gotten off easy, compared to what Rodyn had had to undertake to win his lady’s favor (or her mother’s, rather). He was impressed, both by the task itself and the man’s ability to meet it. Caracal wondered how long it had taken, assuming he had completed it.

Oh, it’s not a bad thing, Caracal rejoined. I like having the island to ourselves, though some company might be nice at some point. He thought of Killdeer and Fennec again. Anyway, you did all that only to end up leaving Moonglow? Was that part of the deal: get married and do your own thing? Caracal wondered.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had done a lot for the right to marry Samani. As a matter of fact he noticed he had to do more than most. Even Vaire's husband didn't have to do near as much as he had, nor did Inutsuk to win back the favor of Shikoba, but he didn't mind that he had done it. It had proven much to himself and to the pack. He knew he was capable.

It took me quite a while to gather everything. he chuckled reminiscing for a brief moment.

Rodyn listened closely and smiled kindly. I can see that.

He nodded a small shy smile. I was content to stay there, but Samani wants to be near the ocean and I would give her the world if I could. So we came and I Don't mind leaving. I am actually enjoying it and the thought of making something that's just ours. Well it's really nice.

Rodyn shifted. We are still a part of Moonglow and Moonspear too. We are a what is the word. Sister pack I guess. We all have open policy to come and go as we please. We will be moontide. Moonglow, Moonspear and Moontide.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
His mate wanted to be nearer to the sea. Well, Caracal could certainly understand that! He’d always enjoyed the coast, though he’d properly fallen in love with it lately. Come to think of it, he couldn’t imagine living any further inland or, well, anywhere but the island ever again. He really was committed…

Oh, that’s really cool, he said when Rodyn mentioned the premise of sister packs. He’d definitely heard of such things. I don’t know that I’ve met—actually, maybe I did meet Kukutux, kinda, once, Caracal thought aloud. He shrugged before continuing, But I know Sialuk a lot better; she’s a good friend of mine. And my sister, Meerkat, lives in Moonspear now, with her husband and their kids.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had no qualms about leaving Moonglow. Had it been hard absolutely, but it felt like it was well worth it. And they haven't left, not really, they were offering Moonglow a chance to grow with more packs.

Rodyn Smiled and his face lit up. I know Njord and Meerkat. Sialuk is sister to my Samani. I have invited Njord to come hunt once we are established. You should come too. Meerkat helped me to find some of my bride price.

Such a small world these wilds. It made his heart happy.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
It was a small world, after all! Caracal smiled, marveling at bumping into a stranger who wasn’t really a stranger at all. They were practically extended family.

But he was no hunter and said, I’d just get in the way, with a laugh. I appreciate the invitation though. And that sounds just like her, he went on fondly. Meerk’s, like, one of the nicest wolves I’ve ever met and I’m not just saying that ‘cause she’s my older sister.

Caracal suddenly looked around a moment before asking, Where exactly are you guys setting up shop?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn's tail continued a wag. He was pleased to meet the brother of Meerkat. She was sweet wolf. He liked her and her husband both. He was excited to meet their little ones as well.

Though Rodyn didn't always understand how wolves couldn't be hunters. He respected that the other felt he wasn't going to be a good help. Perhaps you could come and share stories with us. I believe Samani has all sorts of plans and in thos gatherings there are more than just hunting, there's feasting and friends, some moments between single wolves, stories and sharing.

Ocean Breath Plateau. This way. I can show you. He would allow the other entry this time. Because they were not set up yet, and there was much to be done. Granted once they were he'd probably let him in anyway, because he was family to moonspear wolves.::
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Feasting and fellowship both appealed to him, as did storytelling. Perhaps he would have to participate after all. Maybe he and Heda could attend together.

Rodyn wanted to show him, which earned a bit of a surprised look from Caracal. But he fell into step behind his fellow wolf, setting his sights on the highland overlooking the beach where they currently stood. Ocean’s Breath Plateau struck him as the perfect name for it.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn hoped they would come. He and Samani wanted to have a tradesman pack. Build allies and friends. It would be nice to have these things. That wasn't to say they would be rode roughshod over, but they could be civil to most anyone. A neutral party.

As they traveled Rodyn explain some of what they would like to accomplish here. That their ranks be based on trades rather than other things. That there would be trade with other wolves. And they wanted to build bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood with other packs. Though not foolishly so.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
As they explored the plateau, Rodyn regaled Caracal with his visions for the pack that would make its home here. Although he admired the views, he couldn’t help but draw comparisons between this place and the island he loved. He found the latter superior in almost every way, though of course he said nothing about that to his tour guide.

Thinking about the island made him itch to head home to Heda. He wondered what she was doing right now. Whatever it was, he knew she wasn’t alone; she had God to keep her company. Nevertheless, his desire to get back to her grew as time passed, much as he enjoyed Rodyn’s company.

Well, I should probably get going, Caracal announced in a reasonable timespan. I wish you and Samani nothing but prosperity here. Whenever you plan that get-together, just send word to the island. See you, Rodyn!