Swiftcurrent Creek You make my love come down
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,441 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
No rush, I couldn't pass up this tiny development opportunity <3 but let me know if this isn't okay!
Reverie wandered from where she'd left the boy at the border with an idle quality to her demeanor. She meant to hurry. It just didn't feel pressing, and she was very tired, and eventually she would find @Lestan somewhere, right?
When she did find him, she brightened considerably. Oh! There you are! I've been looking for you, Reverie pressed close to kiss him. There's this boy at the border, I told him I would be back - he wants to learn how to dance. I - She cut herself off, coming to an abrupt realization.
I just realized how ridiculous I sound, All the brightness died from her voice and her eyes, replaced by shame. I should be in bed. Reverie sighed, because she knew better; she knew that she ought to be careful, much more careful than chatting with strangers at the border. I'm sorry.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she should have been, by all rights.
lestan felt a slipping between them.
but he did not dwell on it; he had said he would abide and think of her in equal terms, even as she sickened and suffered and grew tired, all due to his own selfishness.
dancing; why, hadn't they done that, before —? and so lestan did not know what reverie meant, and sparkled inside himself with confused jealousy that turned back to guilt to even think such a way. "what's he like?" the mayfair asked gently instead.
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,441 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie was consumed with her own guilt. It doesn't matter, She said softly. I... She realized she did not know what to say, how to continue.
I love you, The only thing she knew to be true. Reverie sought his embrace, tried to kiss him if he would let her, suddenly fearing that he would not. Her love for him always felt more like fear, lately.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
but why wouldn't it matter? lestan struggled with reverie's sharp shifting; he took her into his arms with grace but questioning. and yet he said nothing, only kissed her soft face with a gentle sigh. "you've been weak. will you come rest and let me dote on you?" the gamma asked with a searching light to his honeyglow eyes.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,441 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Alright, Reverie warmed under his affection, and let him lead her back to their shared space. After a moment she began to speak again. I'm sorry. I know I've been - strange. Pregnancy is weird. She sighed softly. And hard. And I worry that - this will set us back. I know it must be difficult for you to watch...
It felt good to talk to him like this. Freeing. But I - Here she started to stammer a bit, blushing. Well - I think I'll like being a parent. With you. Have you thought about what it might be like? Reverie stole a glance at him to gauge his reaction.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lestan blinked, soft ears swiveling, then splaying. "it's only been hard to watch you suffer, to know you must do it alone," he sighed with a tiny small smile. 
his turn to color, to flush, to simper and grin. "i-i haven't been sure how to think of myself as a father. it feels — odd. good odd," he rushed! "i just — i never envisioned this, reverie. and i feel w-wonderful inside when i think of it."
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,441 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It does feel odd, doesn't it? Reverie laughed, relieved to find that Lestan's feelings mirrored her own in many ways. There was fear too, so much fear she did not know what to do with it, but she did truly want this. It's so strange to think that - we've created new lives, with our love. I wonder what they'll be like!
She kissed him on the cheek briefly. I hope they're like you, to be honest, The admission was hushed and shy. But I'll love them even if they're nothing like either of us. Reverie would love her children regardless of what they were like, because she could not imagine anything else. She knew what it did to a child, having love withheld based on arbitrary expectations. She could not do that to her own.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
sorrrry to rush this closed but im trying to finish up older threads to make way for newer ones, do u mind if we fade this here? <3

lestan still could not believe it, surround his mind with the truth. "i shall love them for they are a part of you," he said, and kissed her lovely golden face.
and in his heart, sickness; ah; worry!
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,441 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Never apologize, I'm looking forward to new threads <3
Reverie's breath caught in her throat at that, and she pulled him a little closer to her. It was all she could do to contain herself until they reached the privacy of their sleeping space. The moment they were away from the possibility of prying eyes, Reverie forgot everything except for Lestan — and did her best to make sure that he forgot everything except for her.