Stavanger Bay happy hour
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
All Welcome 
For weeks now, they had traveled up and down the coast, simply enjoying each other’s company and the seaside. As Caracal nudged @Heda in the direction of Stavanger Bay to pay a visit to @Rhaegal and @Vairë, he couldn’t help but cast his gaze beyond, to their island. He was having a wonderful time with his wife, though her time was drawing near and he thought they ought to head home to roost soon.

He didn’t mention any of that just now. It could wait until after their visit. As they approached the dunes on the far side of The Sentinels, Caracal paused to shield his eyes against the glare. It was the middle of the afternoon, with hours to go before dusk, though the sun was slowly cruising toward the western horizon over the open ocean.

Do you want to call this time? he invited Heda, dropping his paw and squinting at her with a merry wiggle of his tail.

I had some juice, so I hope this is okay! :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
sick today and almost ready to call it for home, heda nevertheless was pleased enough to seek out out the sveijarn-corten pair. "another of kukutux' daughters is helping make this pack too," she told caracal, though he might have already gathered that.
she could only hope she and he could be half so prolific, though heda kept that shimmering blush of a thought to herself as she called for the saltshore wolves, settling on the edge of the claim with a little sigh.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
He hadn’t actually realized that, though now that he thought about it, Caracal could definitely see the family resemblance. That made him wonder about something, though, especially as minutes passed without a response of any kind.

Do you think she might’ve gone to be with her mother too? Like Samani? Maybe they both went? I would go with, if I was in that situation.

It was always possible they were simply asleep, busy or out of earshot too. But as time stretched and still no one came to the borders, Caracal’s lips twisted into a thoughtful frown. It was a bummer not to see Rhaegal and his wife, though more than anything, he was worried.

And that included Heda too, his eyes lingering on his wife as he said decisively, We should find somewhere nearby to rest for a bit. I know you’re not feeling well and I’m pretty tired today too. What do you think?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
heda frowned. "perhaps. i wonder what happened there, to make them both leave." truly, she wanted to stay longer and wait for rhaegal, but her husband's suggestion was so appealing that heda yawned.
"let's rest, but let's stay close. we can check again before we leave." leaning forward to nose him, heda sighed and prepared to follow where he led.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
She yawned and he fought a smile. As concerned as he felt about the bay dwellers, Heda was his priority. He would get her somewhere safe and comfortable to have a lie-down, maybe grab them something to eat before joining her for a catnap.

Let’s head inland a bit, Caracal suggested, nosing at his mate as they began to move.

He led her toward Silvertip Mountain, leaving her tucked into the foothills while he set out to rustle up some grub. When he returned with a slain rabbit some time later, Heda was fast asleep, swollen flanks rising and falling slowly. Caracal set aside the meal for later and curled around her, chin resting lightly over the graceful slope of her pale shoulder.