Moonspear i just ate an entire seahorse!
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
Frolic was gently but firmly grounded after her safe return to Brecheliant. She didn’t care much at first, too shaken up by the entire thing to complain. But her adventurous streak couldn’t be contained for long. At first, it was enough to simply regale her siblings with her tales of escaping the “hellcat,” ad nauseum. But they grew bored of hearing it and she grew bored of telling it, so Frolic had no choice but to seek out life’s next great adventure.

She returned to the scene, feeling rather daring. What if the cat returned? Frolic saw no one and nothing as she strode through the wood, though the play of sunlight through the canopy spooked her a little. She burst into a gallop that carried her through the brambles to its far side. Frolic dashed along the foot of a mountain until she had to stop to catch her breath.

She peered upward, eyes wide and lips slightly parted as she took in the colossal rock wall. It was a bit like the caldera, only so much taller. She had to crane her neck almost 180° just to peer at the mountaintop, which appeared to be swallowed by clouds. Frolic gawped for a little while before gazing northward, nose twitching as she thought she caught the scent of wolves.

She’s outside the borders but I wanted to plop this here for visibility! :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
i think it fits my timeline

Ajei had finally gotten brave enough to head to mooonspear. Home of her friend Seal. She didn't know much the ways, but she had gotten precise directions from her mama.

She was surprised from her walking when another younger wolf showed up. She blinked in surprise.

Hello? her voice wavering slightly.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
One in particular stood out, threading into her nostrils on the slight summer breeze. Frolic found her head turning to spy a young wolf approaching, which immediately explained the stronger scent. Her bright eyes widened as she pivoted to properly face the stranger, who looked like she was only a little older than Frolic.

Hiya! she chirruped at the tentative greeting, grinning and waving her black tail.

Her presence made Frolic think of Seal. She hadn’t caught the name of Seal’s pack or its location before that hellcat had attacked them, though the reminder made her curious. Her expression shifted into an inquisitive smile.

Do you live here? Do you know Seal? Do you know if Seal lives here?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei froze as the younger girl turned and began pelting her with questions. She seemed to have been into something that had caused some wounds.

Ajei shook her head. I don't, but i know Seal. She lives a little further up on Moonspear.

Ajei shifted and pointed with her nose. She looked back the way she had come and then up. She hadn't been sure if she was gonna do the whole trek today, but well they could.

i can. Um walk with you if you'd like.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
You don’t w—? Frolic interrupted, then remembered her manners and clapped her mouth shut to let the other girl explain what she meant. Yeah, let’s do that! How high up is she? Are you friends with her? Do you know about the hellcat? she prattled, leaping to flank her new acquaintance.

She pointed her snout up the slope, marveling at the sheer altitude. Were they really going to climb that? Frolic was definitely up for the adventure! She’d been born on the caldera and knew how to navigate rocky hillsides, though this one was much larger and would definitely give her a run for her money.

What’s your name? she remembered to ask, black paws shuffling restlessly over the ground as she readied to embark. I’m Frolic!
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei blinked at the interruption, but chuckled soon after. Her friends were that way sometimes. It made her feel more comfortable in the others presence.

Ajei nodded. It is very high and we must b3 careful of the edge.

Ajei wrinkled her maw in thought. I think we're friends. We found swans together. What is a hellcat? Is it worse than a cougar or a bobcat?

Ajei gave a gaping look and then giggled self consciously. Bowing her head. Sorry. I'm Ajei. Its good to meet you Frolic.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Frolic didn’t understand why Ajei was apologizing, though besides a blink, she didn’t pay it much attention. She waved a paw to hurry them upward, instinctively steering toward the head of a well-worn footpath.

A hellcat’s way worse, she exclaimed as they climbed, though she’d never seen a bobcat or cougar to compare. It was as big as eleventy wolves and it had teeth growin’ out its toes! It was big an’ mean an’ nasty. It tried to eat Seal but she beat it up all by herself!

So, that story changed every time Frolic told it—and ask her family, she’d told it a lot—but she couldn’t help but add some whimsy to it. It made her feel like @Maia or @Ceridwen. They were always telling the best stories.

The hellcat ripped her to pieces, Frolic continued, not really thinking too hard on what she was saying, and she was really hurt.

The talkative puppy went abruptly silent and sober as she recollected Seal’s cries that day. It was fun telling tales, especially ones based on a true story, but Frolic gulped as she remembered her friend stammering out, “I-it hurts so bad…”
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei hurried after the smaller she wolf. Listening as she described the cat and the story her stomach clenching in a big way.

If that had happened to Arrluk who was her very best friend or Massarawlq, Chiteo. Og goodness. She felt tears jump to her eyes and she sniffled a little.

That sounds really scary and painful.

Ajei unsure what to do. Moved closer to the she wolf and brushed her side with her own a showing of commadrie in moments of bleak memories. Words failing her. She didn't know what to do or say.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Meerkat heard voices along a stretch of borders she’d already covered. She went still and listened, head tilted. She then swiveled and began trotting toward the sound, lips pursing slightly as it led her uphill.

When she saw the two young girls, she called out, Hey there! and quickly moved to join them. You’re from Moonglow, aren’t you? she guessed, eyes flicking between them before settling on the older girl she recognized. Remind me of your names? And what brings you to Moonspear today?
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Yeah… Frolic agreed, lips twitching when Ajei pressed against her. But she’s okay! she practically shouted in the very next breath. She kicked that hellcat’s butt and then a coyote put all her pieces back together!

Before she could say anything further, an adult appeared. She seemed rather friendly and there was something familiar about her, even though Frolic was certain they’d never met. She addressed the two girls, asking if they were from Moonglow.

I’m from Brecheliant! Frolic interjected, then caught herself again and waited until it was her turn to speak before adding, I’m Frolic! We’re here to see Seal! Do you know her?
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ears went to her head and she looked down shyly as the elder woman approached. She had to swallow quickly.

I'm Ajei. I got permission from mama and moonwoman to try and come see Seal. We saw swans, but.

Ajei's eyes swam with tears again and she swallowed again. Frolic said she was hurt bad by a mean ole cat. I. I keep aloe at home, will it help? I can go get it.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
They were a funny pair, the smaller one hollering while her older friend appeared shy and even a little tearful. Meerkat drew in a breath when they spoke of Seal, then smiled. Although her daughter was on bed rest, she appreciated that these young visitors had come to check on her.

Thank you, Ajei, that’s very sweet of you to offer. She has everything she needs here, though I’m sure she’d love to see her friends, Meerkat replied, then addressed Frolic to say, I’m her mother, actually. My name is Meerkat. I’ll take you to our ulaq—our den—but you must keep your voices down, since both @Seal and her da are trying to rest. Alright?

She didn’t worry that Ajei could follow those instructions to the letter, so she looked at Frolic more closely as she spoke, albeit with a glimmer in her eye. Meerkat then turned and led them the rest of the way up the mountainside to her family’s ulaq.

Meerkat paused outside the door and motioned for Ajei and Frolic to do the same. She then poked her head inside to make sure Njord and Seal weren’t actually asleep. If they were, she would probably take their guests to the rendezvous site to wait until they were awake and ready for visitors.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Although Frolic bobbed her head eagerly in acceptance of Meerkat’s terms and then loped after her in obedient silence, she just couldn’t help herself. They reached a rocky den replete with fascinating decor—was that a wind chime hung near the door?—and Frolic caught Seal’s scent for the first time since the day they’d met.

Seal, she stage-whispered quite loudly, it’s me, Frolic. An’ I brought Ajei with me.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei didn't argue or press and she followed the requests. Even trying to keep her paw steps light. She knew rest came with healing. And it was important.

She grimaced a little when Frolic whisper yelled, but she also couldn't quite hide a small smile. She liked this younger pup. Wished she could be a bit braver like her.

She settled to her haunches quietly curled a red tail around crimson paws and waited.
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal slept peacefully next to her Da. Day by day, and with her parents, Orca’s and Sialuk’s attentive care, her condition improved. No longer were the claw marks on her body bloody or inflamed. Now, they had begun to scab over and heal, even if she was still missing patches of fur. She slept lots and her appetite never waned.

She was curled neatly in a shallow impression on the Sveijarn-Corten ulaq’s dirt floor when a commotion stirred her awake. Her head lifted slowly, neck and body still sore, and her eyes were half lidded.

“A-ajei?” she slurred, surprised. “Frolic?!”

Suddenly, her big brown eyes became bright and tears began to bead at their corners like a new spring. She was overwhelmed with love and joy that her friends would visit!

[Image: Anhjhnc.gif]

“Ajei! Frolic!” she repeated, arms outspread to welcome them into a big group hug.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
That’s not— Meerkat began to weakly protest Frolic’s loud whispering when she realized the girl was technically obeying the command to keep her voice down.

She fought a smile but Seal was stirring awake now and she looked utterly delighted to see her friends. Meerkat’s face smoothed into a proper grin as she quickly stepped inside to nuzzle her daughter. She then backtracked out of the way, taking a seat just a few feet from the ulaq’s door to supervise the young friends’ reunion.

Meerkat can be skipped for the rest of the thread. :)
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
SEAL! Frolic yelled, forgetting all sense of decorum the instant she saw the other girl’s face.

She flung herself at her friend, pulling her into a happy hug. They hadn’t known each other very long at all, though as Frolic clutched at Seal, she found herself burying her face into the other pup’s neck and letting out a shaky breath. Beneath all the bravado, Frolic had been really scared for and worried about the freckled girl.

She clung to Seal tightly for a moment longer, then drew back a little to grin at her. Frolic realized that at least one of her little black paws was touching some of her friend’s wounds and she hissed and let go, worried now that she’d accidentally caused Seal more hurt.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei pressed forward carefully. A small smile on her face. But deep inside she was frightened at the sheer amount of scabbing. They both looked rough. 

Hi Seal. she whispered quietly. A gentle lick to her nose an uzzle careful not to jostle her friend. The wounds were quite horrifying and they were getting better. The thought of Arrluk or Massaraq or Chiteo getting attacked by such a creature. She shuddered.
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
All Welcome 
Seal had always been sensitive to any type of aversive environment. From the day she was born, she had always taken longer than sister Orca to warm up to new areas or strange surroundings. Cold, rainy, or difficult conditions were met with hesitation. Pain, too, was something Seal never wanted to endure…

But no amount of hurt could stop Seal from hugging her friends!

She wrapped her arms around Frolic and squeezed so, so tight! Then, she pulled in Ajei for an embrace, too.

“You came tae visit me!” Seal happy-cried. “I’m so happy you’re both here.” Truly, the bond of their new friendship had welded together fast.

Both of the other girls seemed to gawk at her wounds. “Dinnae fash,” Seal reassured them, “My m’am says I’m healin’ plenty quick.” She turned her leg to show them an area where a scab had already fallen off and new skin had healed. Truly, to be so young was a blessing. Seal would bounce back in no time, unlike her father.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Seal’s response quickly reassured her, though Frolic couldn’t help but wrinkle her nose at some of the words she used. She’d never heard anything like them before and couldn’t make heads or tails of “dinnae fash.”

What’s those words mean? Frolic wondered, admiring the mending wounds her friend put on display. Your mom said a weird word too, she recollected aloud. She called your den a lick or something like that!

Frolic giggled under her breath and glanced over at Ajei to confirm her story.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei was more used to differing languages and accents. Her own mother, moonwoman even sunman spoke a different language than all of them.

Ajei giggled. She called it an Ulaq that is the language of Starwoman and Moonwoman. The leaders of here and Moonglow. But i don't know the others.

Ajei look3d over Seal with barely concealed concern hopong they didn't tire her out too much.
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal giggled together with Frolic and Ajei. “Ulaq’s another word for den,” Seal added onto Ajei's explanation.

“And dinnae fash means dinnae worry… err, don’t worry,” Seal added. “S’how my Da says it,” a small, fish hooked size smile showed her pride.

“You know, we should come up with our own words. Like a secret code!” The young girl’s eyes lit up, full of merriment.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ajei enunciated the word, then explained that it came from the tongues of space wolves. At least, that’s how Frolic’s young brain chose to interpret the pretty words that sprang from the other girl’s tongue. Her eyes widened, a thousand questions getting ready to leap off the tip of her own tongue.

But Seal cut in to point out that an ulaq was just another word for a den, then translate the phrase she’d used. Frolic licked her lips as she absorbed what her friend was saying. She mentioned her da, which gave Frolic a flashback to the fight with the cat.

Where’s— Frolic began to ask, accidentally speaking at the same time that Seal proposed the three of them come up with their own secret code. Yeah! she chirped, immediately distracted. And it reminded her of something. Did’ja know Frolic’s a code name? My real name is, she said, leaning closer, cupping a paw to her mouth and dropping her voice to a whisper, Quigley!
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei would have giggled has she been privy to her friends thoughts but she wasn't. Therefore she was quite proud of herself for saying the word correctly and sharing information she knew. It felt good, like she was helping somehow.

Ajei blinked in surprise. Is it a nickname? Like Massaraq is Raq?

She didnt understand the need for code words and names. They all apoke different languages anyway. But it might be fun. Though she was unsure how to procede. how do we do it?
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
When Frolic revealed her true name Seal cupped her paw over her mouth and gasped in surprise. “Really? That’s verrae cool!” Wow, her friend already had a code name!

Ajei posed a question and Seal nodded. “Yeah how do we do it?”