Ankyra Sound so please beware with every place that you head
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
water-dog hunt maybe? i'm all for a loose/no post order if you guys are  - keeping phas' injuries vague from shardul - @Vlad @Rat @Rosalyn @Njal

an excitement burbled through caiaphas, one that could hardly be contained. the wind was whipping and the sea sharp, but there was something else that day that caused caiaphas a great stirring -- two seals moored within ankyra's fold.

she had heard the dam's call for distress earlier, and upon investigation, spotted a yearling who had found himself at the suckling tide's mercy. it appeared they had broached the sound's deep waters in favor of sunbathing, yet had stayed too long -- and now, were caught between the cliff and the tide. caiaphas jittered, a hunger searing her stomach as she watched the pup wriggle from a distance. she was too sore to commit to a hunt by herself, but she had promised vlad a water-dog -- and if assistance came, she would see to it that every wolf's belly was filled that night.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
grendpa
159 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Assistance arrived - quietly, which was unusual for Vlad. He had spotted the trapped sea dogs just as Caiaphas had, and happened upon the black-faced lady of the saltwater as he slunk down the rock face. She stood stock still, watching their future dinner squirm.

"How to cetch?" Vlad whispered, losing pints of dribble into the space between his front paws. He slurped at it and turned his hungry, corn-yellow stare on Caiaphas, waiting for instruction.
#brutalmode4ever
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
so funny, I have all the muse in the world for Dante and Roz gets super hard to write for omg

Roz finally joined as well, her presence there a happy accident, though that wasn't a fact she'd let be known.  She'd lost track of where Ankyra was and so had been following the coast to get back to it after a short excursion south.... But when she saw Caiaphas, she shifted aims.

Though she came after Vlad's question, she took in the situation and figured them to be looking at a hunt.  Perfect.  The planning of such things not really a strong suit of hers (understatement), she sat and looked at Caiaphas, keeping her close down.  "Alright, Bleckface, what's the drill?"
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
ros sometimes thats how i feel too... -.-                       feel free to keep PO loose and if anyone still wants to join you should!

she hadn't been keen on the idea of settling on an empty stomach, and her countenance visibly lifted as she saw two comrades pull across the sand. she flattened herself behind a rock and watched as vlad came first, followed by the mahogany streak of 'Stenderds' -- there was no hiding the grudge that clouded her gaze as she beheld rosalyn.

"first, keep out of sight until you are within kiss or kill distance. they see well -- but don't smell too well." she said hushed, flipping a broad paw in the direction of the mother -- "dont follow them into the water. once they get under, you've lost them -- they're gone." the wretch hunched over, favoring her limb. "we -- nereides -- used to pull out of the rocks while they sun and bullrush them - if they do not see you they don't have much time to react - if they see you they can cover ground to the sea quite quickly. their tail flippers you do not grab - not unless you like your face behind remodeled. maybe not a bad idea for rat, eh?" an impish spark gleamed in her eye and she started to make her way between the large boulders.

"grab their necks and pin them - takes more than one to hold an adult." part of her regretted not omitting the part about the tail - had she been more of a dissolute leader she would probably have instructed miss stenderds to heartily grab ahold of their tail end and suffer the consequences.

as lamed as she was by shardul's attack, she felt herself chittering with excitement. "you two go for the baby - i'll distract the mother." she would wait for rosalyn and vlad to situate themselves for an ambush, and once they did so she would break into a limping (and slow) run to keep the mother from assisting her calf.
grendpa
159 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Blackface offered comprehensive instructions. Vlad acknowledge receipt with a nod and kept unusually silent after that - food was still very serious business to Vlad, who was still a few pounds shy of normal weight. The Russian gave his red-hued comrade a nudge and moved forward. In his single-minded dedication to the hunt, he missed Caiaphas' limp as well as the surly look she levelled at Rosalyn - neither of which he would have understood the reason for.

He couldn't go up - the cliffs were far too steep. The only option was to creep as close to the calf as possible and wait for Blackface to do her magic. "Come come," he whispered to Rosalyn, urging her to follow. Together, moving like overgrown cats, they moved into position behind some convenient placed rocks. Cold water lapped at their bellies, but the taste of young blubber would make it all worthwhile.
#brutalmode4ever
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Having hunted seals before, if Caiaphas' instructions had been so, they would have likely garnered a high level of hilarity from the intended victim.  She'd have been tickled to know how much she was not appreciated, but as it was, she simply listened as Caiaphas detailed a plan.

The comment of Rat brought a short, swiftly stifled laugh, and she nodded, golden eyes gleefully alight.  "Rush and hope for the best."  Her type of hunt.  She noted the limp, but made no comment.  She was just pleased Caiaphas was leaving the smaller task to she and Vlad.  She gave him a significant glance, a silent ready? before slipping behind the rocks, fixated on the calf/mother pair and awaiting the opportune moment for a strike.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
slight PP of vlad/rosalyn to assume they make eyecontact before the break? hope that is ok

the pair made for the rough hewn slabs, their bodies serpentine as they picked through the rubble with predatory quickness. caiaphas watched them but for a moment before she rose, electing to go the opposite direction towards the mouth of the sea. she clawed her way over the gnarled face of a sea-shorn rock, pulling herself up by a bastion of kelp anchored firmly in the slab's structure.

slowly she pulled herself up onto a prominence, her head rising at tortoise speed above the rock's level -- her ears flat and airplaned and her body pressed against the boulder for minimal detection. she squinted, detecting vlad and rosalyn but barely - for a moment their eyes met before caiaphas surged from the stone towards the mother, high pitched ay-yip-yii-yi-yips issued to detract from the duo's approach. with her body close to the sea she hoped the calf would turn inward and into the fangs of her comrades -- but for now, she had to focus on the blubbering mass of angry mother come hurdling her way.
grendpa
159 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Plz  PP me as much as you like, any time and any place! :D

One, two, and - go! Caiaphas surged forward, squealing like a dark thing from the pit of the earth. Vlad reared away from the unfamiliar noise, but stopped himself from going in the opposite direction to the the place where they were needed. He - and presumably Rosalyn alongside him - rushed forward, keeping the volume of their steps as low as possible so as not to alert the calf-mother to their dastardly mission. Vlad's jaws were already wide and ready.

1 - 5 for 'got the calf!', 6 to 10 for 'try again'? :D

Roll: 8
#brutalmode4ever
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Caiaphas signalled the charge and they were off, her flanking Vlad as they rounded on the calf.  It had been a very long while since Rosalyn had been in on any sort of group hunt and the girl wasn't all that gifted, though her enthusiasm for eating meant she tried her damnest all the same.  She trusted the sea wench somewhat to keep the mother at bay, but still kept silent, hoping they could finish the calf off quickly before it was able to tip off the mother.

Vlad went in for the kill and she went for the maim, but his aim must have been off, for before she could even sink her jaws in, the smaller creature let loose a bellow of fear.  Shit.  Instinct brought her head whipping around to determine how the mother's position had changed, and she kept to the opposite site of the calf as she snapped in for another attempt.

Vague, I'll let Karm roll again if that's alright!
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas hunkered down, her expression sundered by feral hunger as she locked eyes with the matriarch, who had already started blundering towards her comrades. caiaphas' gaze trailed down the bulbous flanks, where each impact with the sand offered rippling ringlets along the bulbous hide. caiaphas' mouth watered and for a moment her injury was forgotten. ahead the gregarious russian and the red she-wolf battled for their dinner tonight.

she wasn't aware she had slipped into an instinctual state, and she was scarce cognizant as her outstretched limbs pulled her close to the bawling mother, her teeth parted for flesh and her eyes fastened on the gelatinous tremble of the seal's flopping chest. she dove in for the blow, teeth wide as she tormented the seal's sides in the hope of deterring her from assisting her calf. caiaphas' stunts were rewarded quickly by a powerful flip of the seal's torso, in which her tailflipper came swinging towards caiaphas' slender muzzle like some unforgiving bludgeon. with a shriek the coywolf pulled back, rallied to her senses -- hissing, she started to limp around the creature, offering a multitude of snaps in the attempt to worry the seal into focusing the entire of its attention on her.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
skipping vlad and powerplaying a bit! Another attempt :P

Caiaphas luckily bought them a bit more time, and Roz wasn't game for wasting it.  She rounded the small seal's other side and was gratified when Vlad flanked it's opposite.  The young one was less a threat but still dangerous... They would do well to avoid it's fins.

Ignoring Caiaphas' shrieks, Roz hung back, watching Vlad and the seal with equal intensity.  When the male struck an attempt, the babe's attention was directed, and Roz snaked in from the opposite.  The creature's terrified calls fell on deaf ears as she went for the spine, furious in her hunger.

success!
Her teeth met flesh with a delicious rush, and she pulled with all her weight, flipping the solid creature slightly off-kilter and digging in mercilessly.  Vlad now had a shot at the throat, which he took with gusto, and in a spray of blood it was finished.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
  ill post a vague wrap up?

she worried the mother, keeping a fast eye on her comrades as they sallied with their prey. wrestling a pup from its mother's grasp was never an easy feat, but luckily, the trio had the advantage of surprise.

the large seal swung madly at caiaphas and she sprung back with a hiss, her attention divided between rosalyn and vlad and the assaults of the ungainly seal. she saw the pup felled out of the corner of her eyes and it appeared she was not the only one to bear witness to the pup's sunder -- the mother let off a low bellow and retreated, knowing all too well the certain defeat she faced if she rushed them.

sufficiently pleased caiaphas rested on a limb, favoring it while she watched the wolves do their work. for now she was content to savor the spray - later, the three would work together to add the pup to their small cache.