Moonspear twinkle twinkle lil star
i have loved the stars too fondly
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Joining 
oh boy oh boy. this place was perfect! Willoughby bounced toward the border, her eyes fully on the mountains past the thick sea of trees. the stars must love this place, she guessed, for they blessed the people living below so readily. it was the day, however, by the time she got to the pack's border. no stars right now. though she didn't know what pack this was - totally new to this place as she was - it didn't stop her enthusiasm. her lips parted to chuff a friendly 'hello' before she impatiently wiggled down before the border.

Bee didn't want to trespass. she knew how to respect boundaries. even if she wanted to fly past and rub herself on every tree (giving each one a personal greeting) and stick her head in every den to shout at the animals below. she would wait for someone to show up. oh yes, she would. Mother and Father taught her politeness. this was perhaps a hasty choice, but she had a good feeling about this place. she only hoped the people were friendly. she wasn't over the border and she had made sure to announce herself. check, check and... oops.

the girl bent her head, swiftly grooming her chest fur. check! now she looked presentable.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Revui hadn't slept all night; prior to his departure from the mountain he had been crepuscular at best, but his return heralded a change, in that he became more of a nocturnal creature. Perhaps this had to do with his rude re-entry to the mountain slopes, or a habit he had developed without thinking while he was off in the wild. Whatever. Jitters already wrote this out in greater detail but then the post got eaten and she's too tired to bother re-doing all of it. He's tired, sulking, and even though its morning it feels like he should be going to bed instead — that about sums it up.

The beast was roaming along a familiar rough-hewn corridor along the slopes when he spotted a shape among the trees; he didn't know if it was prey or predator at first, but it honestly did not matter. Either option would have excited him just the same. He had a taste for blood and hadn't been satisfied in a while. But the closer he got, the more obviously canine the shape became - thus he was bristling and rumbling a warning sound deep in his chest as he came upon the stranger; she called out moments later and that sound drowned out the low, dull, bestial tones of his. She was poised as if waiting for something, and as he came crunching through the ferns to her location Revui realized that he'd left the proper border limits behind. 

She wasn't tresspassing. That sucked, he really wanted to eat someone's face today.

Ah, but that also meant he was standing in her field of view and had (somewhat by accident, somewhat because he was quite a hefty beast of a wolf and couldn't help it,) wandered directly towards her. Point being, he paused to look around for backup and managed to lock eyes with the patiently waiting stranger — and the prospect of being social made him want to crawl back up the mountainside, just nope as far away as he could (he wasn't the most talkative creature, y'see). But if he could see her, she could see him - and there was no avoiding anything now.
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
maybe she handled grumpy butts in a bad way. Bee wanted to be everyone's friend regardless of their personal opinion of her. she thought she heard a rumble but it must have just been this boy walking toward her. ooh, or maybe it was a coming thunderstorm? her head jerked away from his face to look at the sky, mouth slightly hanging open. nnnnnnope! didn't look like a storm was coming. oh, did he make that sound? was he trying to growl at her? her head shifted back to him, keeping the boy in her sights. her eyes were vacant at first as if seeing right through him to absolute paradise.

"oh hi!" she would burst out suddenly and randomly "do you live here?" she smiled nicely at the boy. he smelt like this place but you never know. he could be a friendly friend of this pack, allowed to come and go as he pleased. Bee completely ignored his aggressive growl before in favor of introducing herself. she was a bundle of fresh nerves, true, but the girl just wanted to strike out on her own. Ma and Pa always told her to join a pack when she was old enough. that's exactly what she was going to do. "I'm Bee - uh, Willoughby. Bee for short. who are you?"

as much as she wanted to bound over to the other and proceed to give him friendly licks of welcome, she clung her paws desperately into the earth. not everyone would be pleased with that. especially Mister Grumpybutt here.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He was immediately struck by the good cheer of the stranger; when she looked to the heavens he felt a pang of curosity and followed suit, but then she was looking at him - talking at him, so quickly, like Speedy but with more energy (if that was possible), and Revui's ears shifted and flattened for a second. His attention shot from the blue sky to the girl, and he regarded her like she had just been deposited out of a UFO.

I'm Bee, she introduced, clarifying a moment later -- even asking after his name. The boy knew he couldn't drive her off from where she was relaxing since she wasn't breaking any rules. He wanted to - very badly, actually, his coat prickling a little with every syllable she called out at him - alas, he had to use his words instead of his teeth for the first time in forever.

Revui, he uttered hastily, blurting the name in a way that made it sound more like a grunt. She had taken him by surprise with her enthusiasm and youth, and it helped she didn't try to cross the border too - crap, he really had no reason to eat her face. What is it? The boy queried with a demanding tone, being a bit rude in his effort to get the truth out of her. He didn't speak often and to be placed in this direct, confrontational, verbal situation was making him very uncomfortable (poor baby).
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she didn't seem phased by his prickly fur and his bad attitude. Bee got a name out of him, causing the girl to beam at the stranger. "good to meet you, Revui!" she'd respond, not at all aware of his hostility. maybe ignorance was bliss after all. the boy looked younger than she was but she wasn't going to babytalk him at all. he grunted and groaned his replies so she assumed he was able to communicate regardless of age. she even failed to see his surprise at her cheer. how could she not be cheerful? she was totally going to be friends with him - whether he wanted it or not. 

"it?" she'd repeat, tilting her head dangerously with a frown "oh!" she'd bark out with a happy laugh "I want to join this pack" she said as serious and mature as possible for her. Bee's brows furrowed together for a brief minute before relaxing once more. "it has such a lovely view of the sky here, and I love the mountains and trees..." she'd close her eyes as she listed her simple reasons to him, a ghost of a smile against her lyrics. even her thin body began to wobble as if in a tune. "what is it's name, I wonder..."

she stopped swaying and leaned forward, though still mindful to keep every part of her being away from the border. "can you tell me, Revui?"
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Join...? He should have figured as much. She seemed healthy, if a bit talkative and light-hearted, both of which made her less than an ideal candidate -- wait was he actually considering this? It wasn't up to him regardless; the boy would have to call for @Hydra or for @Charon, he didn't have the authority (even if he was one of the reigning princes of the mountain). Nothing about this girl made him want to do that, though.

He snorted when she asked him for the name of the mountain and raised his head, filled with pride. Moonspear, he clarified for her, but didn't say much else about it. The secrets of the mountain were his. Still, he was curious. She was curious to him - so different from the usual stoicism of the mountain-dwellers, not much of a warrior from what he could tell by looking at her, but energized. Revui tried to recall what sort of things his parents would ask of new recruits, and blundered through his own version as he interrogated her: You hunt? Fight? (Both doubtful, he decided, not that he knew how to judge such things) Know.. plants..? Medicine? (That was the total opposite of smooth operating there, buddy). 

Revui knew not to call for his superiors unless he had a good reason, and so far she just seemed a little manic, not useful.
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Moonspear. 

what a super-tastic, elegant and lovely name. she closed her eyes again, picturing the moon stretched into a spear of mighty power. ready to smite foes or be thrown in front of a charging feral beast! Bee was so pleased it was an astrology-themed name for such a perfect place to view the stars. her eyes opened, viewing Revui as he asked her questions. she couldn't hunt or fight by herself. then again she'd never even tried to fight another being. the girl never wanted to lift her paw to hurt anyone. but she supposed that wasn't a great answer. 

"ummm" she would muse, trying to think of a great reply that makes her so totally not useless. "I like the stars. the constellations. the moon. I dunno if it helps, but I want to learn all I can about them. I can hunt too, but I'd rather not uh, fight someone without a good reason" that is to say she would rather have a terrific reason to bloody some other poor soul over being a meanie butthead. she knew. she had practiced with Ma and Pa her answers to pack-related things before she left. but she felt her tongue get fat just as quick. "know some plants." though probably by the weird names she gave them.

she wouldn't give anyone something she wasn't a hundred percent sure of though. Bee would uncharacteristically hang her head, a forlorn look on her face. "I'm a quick learner... I would do my very best to help Moonspear wherever it needed it. I'd love to study and learn more of, uh, how to be a real wolf." because deep down she knew her flowery, peaceful way of life was not what others considered 'normal'. she was also still very young and influences could easily change her away from a set goal in life. 

"I like to tell stories too" she'd add with a beaming smile.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He thought he had her beaten, that she would turn tail as soon as he mentioned combat, and he was partly right; she didn't exactly pale when he spoke but she did offer up alternatives, and that's when things changed. Her mention of the stars was what changed his mind about her -- not that he'd admit it too openly, but Revui was fixated on the stars and the constellations too. They were important to his father, and to his older siblings. Although she seemed resistant to battle and bloodshed, Revui couldn't ignore that she was probably a valuable asset (similar to how his friend Speedy was valuable).

Fine, he'd have to get someone else to assess her. Without saying another word to her (but leveling a brief, serious, somewhat sour expression her way) Revui took a breath like he was about to speak, and raised his chin. He called with a howl for someone to come and assist him - it would be down to their judgement, but Revui decided he was on her side after all. Wait here, said the gargoyle once his summoning call faded, and tuned his attention in to the surrounding forest.

It wouldn't be long.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The call came, and soon enough, so did Hydra; she looked expectantly toward the duo, knowing her brother would fill her in with as little verbiage as possible (which she could appreciate). Her ears pricked atop her head as the Ostrega woman turned to glance passingly at the stranger, though there was more assessing there that perhaps Revui, who knew her well enough, might recognize; where would be easiest to cut her down, should her reasons for being here be of the more insiduous variety?
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she didn't know what to expect when he told her to 'wait here'. Revui seemed pleased enough with her stumbled explanation, giving her no questions or chasing her off. fhew. that was a good sign, right? Bee would buzz (get it?) under her thin coat, waiting for anyone with a rank to accept or deny her. didn't rightfully know what she'd do if they rejected her; this was her first and only pick of the bunch. she could see herself growing in Moonspear. she could look from her den to the highest tree, past the foliage to the stars and mountains. 

a new person would join, smelling faintly of family scent to Revui. she would beam at the woman, though the woman didn't seem all that interested in her. a passing glance was given. that was it. still, Bee didn't allow that to dissipate her feelings of hope. "hello!" she would greet her, still not at all near their border. her tail wagged in a friendly manner, waiting for something to happen. if the dark coated woman didn't want to address her, fine. at least the boy had spoken to her. "I'm Willoughby." she added with a dip of her head. manners always.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
His sister emerged; perhaps she had been watching the entire exchange, judging his efficacy, finding points to levy against him for further improvement. It is what he expects. Revui keeps his focus on Hydra until the girl beside him speaks, and flicks an ear.

Hydra is awaiting his synopsis so he does not delay.

A stargazer, a... friend, for Speedy to tutor. With that stated he moves away from the pair, slides by Hydra, but adds for her ears only, Father would approve. Not a fighter though. And then he settled by her flank, his duty complete.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
I'm on holiday, but I'll try to stuff in another post soon :)

Charon honestly trusted the judgement of most of his children; especially the warrior-esque ones such as Hydra or Revui who wouldn't as easily let their feelings affect their judgement. He arrived shortly after the call, catching the tail end of what Revui said.

He looked at the stranger, who didn't look like much of a that to him, and introduced: I'm Charon Ostrega, Alpha of Moonspear. Then he waited for Revui, Hydra, and this stranger to inform him of what he was doing here. A joiner, perhaps?
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was the moment that Revui revealed to her that this was a prospective joiner that Hydra's attention upon the other becomes more evident. Her eyes linger upon the stranger, and she thinks of her name and finds it fitting based on her build alone. Long and lean, the other looked—from build alone—easy to knock off her feet. She was delicate, built not at all like a fighter. Her merle furs were unlike anything Hydra herself had seen, shifting in their shades of grey. Like the ocean when the clouds shifted to and fro to flirt and then flee the sun, casting shadows on some parts and light upon others. 

Hydra was disappointed to hear that the other was a stargazer; the immaculate furs of the other, uninterrupted by wounds or scars, indicated that she likely did not enjoy fighting after surveying the sky. It was fortunate that her father came; he had more of a mind for the use and the merit of another stargazer. One was enough for Hydra, and her father was perfectly capable of it. Speedy could teach her things that were more useful, she reminded herself, and glanced to Revui. Growing smarter

The Ostrega shifted her weight and spoke after her father, introducing herself in turn as the other had done: Hydra Ostrega, she started. This is Willoughby, she introduces, Revui has intercepted her. She would not take the credit from him (he is family), and the look she gives is meant to prompt him to repeat himself to their father.
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Bee tried to stand up straighter, to make herself more presentable. she lacked the bulk to her lean frame, true, but she wasn't about to let disappointment sway her away. she would not betray herself. she knew she was a poor fighter and it would be a wasted effort to try and teach her. but she could do other things. like patrol and find plants. try to hunt. look after the pups if Moonspear had any. but she didn't have long to think about what skills she could contribute, for another came in.

the scarred pale man would introduce himself as Charon, the alpha here. she was positively buzzing under her coat at this moment. he looked impressive and had the means to accept her. her eyes strayed to Revui, for Hydra informed their father it was he who met her first. she gulped nervously. wondering what they thought of her so far. she gave a dip of her head to the alpha, puffing her cheeks nervously. "h-hi!" she'd squeak "it's n-nice to meet you, sir. I, uh, I want to join your pack. if you'll have me."

she fell uncharacteristically silent, trying to make a good first impression. that she could sit still and listen if she really tried. Revui would no doubt tell Charon of the skills she had listed. the will to learn more. she hoped it was enough.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He watched as Hydra's scrutinizing gaze drifted towards the newcomber, and while she made her assessment of the stranger Revui was silent. His attention remained upon his sister until another of their family drew close - and as soon as the patriarch spoke, Revui's full attention was on him. Revui's ears turned to catch his father's voice (although it was merely an introduction, the pride and timbre of Charon's voice appealed).

Hydra added more, yet she gave away the spotlight - to which Revui huffed softly. He liked to be appreciated but he did not like the spotlight, much less speaking, and they knew it. Perhaps this was a test - an effort on their part to make him more vocal, or it was merely expected of him, as he was the first on the scene. Either way he didn't like it, and only spoke up after casting his sister with a sharp look - he spoke like a recruit in an army, clear and to the point: Speedy could put her to work.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Hydra spoke first, offering an introduction too and mentioning that Revui had intercepted the newcomer. Charon looked at the new wolf as she introduced herself. She looked pretty pathetic, but maybe her talents were merely hidden. Maybe she could be moulded into something. As Hydra drew attention to Revui, the father glanced at his son, who curtly said that Speedy might put her to work. He nodded appreciatively at Revui before looking back to Willoughby.

Can you hunt? asked Charon of her, then added: What will you add to this pack? Are you a healer? Charon thought this because of Revui's mention of Speedy. He kind of liked her quirkiness, quirkiness he knew that others in his presence were easier to look through while he could not help but inwardly smile at her nervousness and the air of clumsiness about her. A little like Speedy in some ways, indeed. Maybe matching them up wasn't a bad idea.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She knew her brother might not appreciate the entirety of what she put him through, but he was aware of its purpose, and thats all she cared for. The look he regarded her with was met with a bored blink; she would not ask of him what he was not capable of doing, and she needed his mouth to work as well as his teeth did. She supposed he would always bite better than he barked, but that was all well and good. She simply wanted to make sure he could, and that when he needed to, he would. Hydra saw potential in him, and fostered it.
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
right! down to business, it was. she didn't much mind, for the alpha must have a lot of stuff to do! certainly more important stuff than sitting here, talking to her all day. he was the big important guy here. patrols to do, hunting to do, people to socialize with that were more established than Bee. both Revui and Hydra didn't really tell Charon much, it seemed, for the man had questions still. "I'm, uh, I'm trying to be a healer" she would say breathlessly "I know some basic plants. I also want to learn more of the stars..."

she figured this pack was very keen on it, considering Revui's reaction to her desire to learn about astronomy. Bee wondered if Moonspear needed healers or hunters. "I can totally hunt!" she'd add, cheerfully. how else had she kept up her strength on the journey to the Teekons? granted, she could only hunt small animals by herself. she figured more numbers were needed to bring down larger prey. "I can do lots of stuff for Moonspear; play with the pups, help patrol borders... I wanna learn - trades and other skills - and I think your pack is a great place to settle down in." 

she may not bring much to the table right away, but Bee had an eagerness and the desire to expand her knowledge.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
As much as he hatd being present for this exchange (it was boring as all hell for someone like Revui), he knew not to leave unless he was dismissed; so he waited, sparing little attention for the newcomer now that Charon was dealing with her, and even resisting the urge to watch his sister. He merely stood there in silence; brooding, frustrated (always), and being as patient as he could be.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
She mentioned being a learning healer, which tacked in well with letting her learn under Speedy. Charon nodded as she mentioned being able to hunt and other things. When she mentioned playing with pups he stiffened for a moment; it was still a sore spot to him that he and Amekaze did not yet have pups this year. She kept saying she was in no hurry and there would be time, but he was starting to lose faith and he was afraid she'd wait until it was too late.

Willoughby was full of youthful enthusiasm that might've almost been infectious if he wasn't accompanied by his more stoic family members. Charon smiled at her as he said, Speedy is our healer. It's a good idea to seek her out so she can teach you a thing or two. He nodded briefly and appreciatively at Revui who'd made this suggestion earlier. Welcome to the pack.: He glanced at Revui again and nodded, giving him the silent permission to leave if he wished, then the same to Hydra. I'll show you to the rendezvous site, which was unfortunately not filled with puppies at present -- hopefully not yet -- so you can rest and eat a bit first.:: He'd show her around later, though he didn't think it would be entirely necessary; she seemed like an explorer, excited to discovery everything in life, and so probably also on this mountain.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Short exit post from me!

Catching her fathers look, Hydra shifted to leave. With everything taken care of, and their father electing to show Willoughby to the rendezvous site, she could resume her patrol; she invited Revui along with a passing glance, should he not want to go his own way, and began to move on.
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she couldn't help it. maybe it was unprofessional but dang it. she was excited.  "yippie!" and gave a little bounce, falling back to the earth. she grinned easily at Charon's acceptance. even more at his offer to show her around. she gave a quick and enthusiastic nod of her head. being shown around by the alpha -- oh how exciting! -- was such a treat. "oh thank you, sir! I promise to work hard!"

Hydra was already leaving, and Revui would too. she looked over at him, finding it her own personal goal now to make friends with all the Moonspearians. including him. obviously him. "thank you for putting up with me, Revui" she gave another nod of her head, this time quicker and briefer. he obviously had better things to do but he had been the first one to greet her. she was thankful. back to Charon now - her new alpha - "lead the way!" heehee. cause he was the leader, get it?
ooc; exit with charon. thread archived after revui's post
2/5 4/5
major focus on astronomy and travel
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Hydra gave him a look and he held it for a moment, but assented to her will and glanced away; it was enough that he'd been made to suffer through this exchange, but to have it forced upon him by his own sister was frustrating in its own right. When she began to move off, he moved to intercept her and follow behind - because it was his purpose. He had much to learn, and much for him to do with the remaining daylight.