Arrow Lake kleine vögel
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
All Welcome 
set for 4/3, evening. @Aurëwen but aw <3

spring had truly come to the mountains; he saw it in the way the trees lifted their heads, beginning to blossom into leaf, the new grasses 'round the edge of the lake, the twittering birdsong that greeted he and his own each morning. and the man's heart was light, for the first litter in diaspora throve.
today he made his way toward the thicket of the motherdove, carrying a beaver's fatty tail and a small collection of herbs. aurëwen had been quite weak during the birth, and following; mahler found it necessary to check soon upon her to ensure that she was not suffering the blood-sickness that sometimes struck down new mothers in the days to follow their whelping.
setting down his burdens outside her door, the gargoyle cleared his throat. "aurëven? it is mahler. i have some things for you."
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
The deepening evening had kept her company, threading up the first of its stars for gloam soon to come. Aure, however, was without the will to attend its invitation;  iubit had visited quite some while ago, and had left her satiated, at least, with goat and with his presence.

But not him, she groused, nuzzling their children closer to her womb. She had yet to indulge in Verx the way she had once indulged in her stars — and Aure wanted to know him as much as she loved him, longed for him. At the sound of a male’s voice, her pearlish eyes harped to the bursting mouth of the thicket — had he returned?

After a stuttering ebb of her heart, she eased once again. No, it was... Mahler, by the guest's proclomation. If she reached back through to the murmur of her delivery (that which she could barely recall) she was sure that he'd hovered in the dim by Olive's side. Having tidied up Isi’s accident in the while since, she trilled, "Please, come in, yes." Mahler would always be welcome.
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia

das Entlein war immer noch betäubt. she lay tucked close to her mother, and once more had she tried to move as she had before, but failed utterly. perhaps it was some fluke, but despite the terror of the rolling, there was some innate desire to do it again. but she was on her back, and this time, when the low vibrations of her mother's voice startled her to wakefulness, she was upside down and thus the kick of her legs had no effect. once more they flailed before she fell still, very much alert (as much so as a neonate pup could be) but a ticking time bomb in terms of her next bout of screaming.
453 Posts
Ooc —
Dragomir is skippable in the post order if needbe!

Isilmë's kicks may have served her no purpose, but they did an excellent job rousing a sleeping Dragomir, who was enjoying a flight through the trees on soft pink flamingo wings. Brought back to reality by his sister's heel connecting with the side of his face, the boy squealed with displeasure and rounded on her upturned belly with a series of jabs from his muzzle as he flailed in place. He was heedless of their guest or the expected conduct of children when presented to others; all he wanted to do was get back at his pale sister for punching him like that.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
aurëwen granted him entry; mahler came to sit with his shoulders bent against the press of the thicket. he had intended to stay formal with the visit, opting for such until he and the former vagabonds had come to truly know one another. but his eye was caught by the children; mahler could not help the chuckle that escaped his throat as the dark boy seemed to pursue his paler sister. "meine güte," he murmured, intensely pleased by their strength.
returning his attention to aurëwen, mahler moved the fatted meat toward her. "mothers need rich food for their milk and their blood, frau. i vill bring you more." his gaze found hers; he placed a paw over his gathered herbs. "how is the bleeding?" it had been two days; spotting was to be expected, but bright red blood between her thighs was a cause for concern. "and your energy — do you feel lethargic at all?" 
offering a quick smile to reassure her, he turned his attention back to the children, pleasure welling in his gaze once more.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
As belea and mure began to kick and fuss at another, Aure only answered Mahler's quip with an exasperated, but tender, roll of eyes and wordless shrug of thin shoulders. She reached to separate the two, but paused at the sight of — "Beaver?" that the moaşă had brought, along with the herbs she now saw he was toting.

Aure listened to his next words, tilting her head absently at them. She'd known so little of becoming and being a mother, and even more so with the aftermath of following delivery. Appreciation thawed the tenative uncertainy on her scarred face, and she demurely nipped the fatty end from his gesture. "You humble me, Mahler, thank you," she trilled, epitome of all modesty; eyes crescenting and following his look to Verx's children as she began to tuck in.

"There has only been spottings, though if these little scandalagii continue," wincing through a spearing flutter at her tender belly, "ze thicket may as well run red, nevermind my fatigue." A pause, gnawing thoughtfully on beaver. "Well... I have been feeling weakened since ze delivery. I hope it is only exertion; I am not exactly as heavy as usual females." It was true — petite, boney; with long legs like needles. Not at all the glowing swarth that Takiyok or Blodreina held; even less the muscle.
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
oh, the atrocity of it all! first, she lay stuck firmly in play by her poorly position body, and now the small part of her mother began his jabs at for upturned belly. she began her own screams, shrill and faint. and though it had never served her well, and would perhaps instead only serve to give her an unfortunate nickname, she voided her bowels in her displeasure, setting all her legs to full speed and she trashed, attempting to steer herself in the direction of the second so that she may properly execute her vengeance.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
a nod. "yes. it is the fattiest meat i can find, and vill hopefully bring you strength." a low thump of his tail was given to aurëwen's insistence that he was anything but focused upon his tasks, but the warmth of her voice was altogether pleasant. he could not hide the rumbling chuckle that rose in his throat at the sudden, telltale scent as the daughter of the former dragedans rose to meet her brother in miniscule combat.
"they might find me boring for lack of milk, frau," mahler mused, "but if you vould ever like someone to sit vith them vhile you get out for a bit, i vould be honored." exercise would benefit aurëwen also; her mending would be slow if she simply laid in the thicket. 
he bent closer to @Dragomir, inspecting the boy and then his sister. both hale, well-formed children with no deformities that could be seen. "yes. you are slighter, aurëwen, and so i vill check on you a bit more often. takiyok had her own children early this morning," the musiker added, a note of pride in his baritone speech, "and so you are no longer alone in motherhood."
a pause, and then a somber expression coursed his features. "i must tell you one last intimate thing related to your birth," and here mahler seemed to grow more dour, if only to hide his budding amusement. "it is important, frau, that you do not ... resume activities vith your husband for a fortnight from delivery. such ... jostlings can start bleeding again vonce it has ended." had he been any other, the gargoyle might have blushed to speak so directly, but mahler craved such bluntness, and communicated this with the brisk air of the doktor he had become.
453 Posts
Ooc —
He reached with a paw for his sibling's stomach as she began to flail around, attempting to cup his toes against her in the same manner he had Aure's and Vercingetorix's noses so he might push her away. If this wasn't the toughest reality Dragomir had ever experienced, then he didn't know what was. He would much rather be fighting off space invaders or swimming through the microcosm as a unicellular sporozoan than being kicked repeatedly by his bowel-weak relative.

Speaking of which, it seemed Dragomir was the superior when it came to bodily control. Sure, his bladder loosened without his bidding at all hours of the day, but at least it wasn't as bad as Isi's seemingly disagreeable guts. His bowel movements were quite regular, occurring frequently after meals and in the middle of the night. He piddled as his sister assaulted his few senses, but didn't halt his efforts to shove her grossness away from him.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
sorry for the long wait! ;a; muse has been eh & my brain's trying to catch up with thread moods riprip

Though she barely knew Takiyok, she felt so gladdened, then, for her ally to have finally birthed. Diaspora would be rooted, then, until both litters flourished and ran, yes? At Mahler's offer of pup-sitting, Aure began to smile another faltering smile; then, speaking with a bit more guilt than apparent, "Actually... Dragomir ate some soil, earlier, when my hu— when Verx was visiting. We— I left him unsupervised for a moment, and he was retching it back up when we found him." Remembering how she'd massaged the berry-bairn to help him cough up the rest —

Aure'd dwelled enough on how insipid she'd been in her lack of propriety; she looked toward Mahler now, a little more than helpless. She meant to smile again (despite her worries) and might have blushed herself at this dire information... but her voice was a strained little breath; her argent eyes found her paws. "Forgive me, Mahler, I... Verx is... we are not wed." As much as I wish it. But noapte had only promised raising these children with her, and if they'd stolen his heart, then that was enough. A flicker ebbed beneath her scarred cheek, and her lips thinned.

Verx'd called her a warrior... Mahler, once, had called her a wife... but she'd never felt less deserving of that title than now; than earlier. She wasn't a warrior; warriors didn't have children out of wedlock and leave them to choke on dirt. Neither did they mull over a rare, tender note in their lover’s voice after children had been brought into the world.

So, back to the children, then. "Is there a better proceedure I could preform, if he... vomits again? Or chokes? Or—" Warriors didn't cry stupid, stupid tears and warble away. Paying no mind to her children piddling at her paws, Aure nosed them apart (braving a kick here and there) as she began to clean both once more. The situation with Dragomir might have been lighthearted, but she was determined to lessen the possibility as much as possible.
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
despite how much she detested her brother's pummelling paws in the instant, she detested further how their mother pulled the two apart. in the moment, yes, the skirmish was unpleasant, but she was the least obedient as she'd ever been when receiving her bath, fumbling blindly in the direction of her brother. it was hot vengeance that drove her, or any of those complex emotions, but a yearning for that brief rush of action. her mother was insistent, however, and in a moment, two, her maw found her paw and she began the rhythmic chewing which both stopped her efforts and made things a great deal easier for Aure. 
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
must there be a ceremony to tell two wolves what it was they already knew? the man from drageda had sired these children; his love for the motherdove was evident, as was her breathless devotion to him. in mahler's eyes, this made husband and wife, for he would have thought very poorly of the ducklings' sire to leave they and their mother to their own devices after promises of love were made. 
it was not so with stigmata and takiyok, he reasoned, for theirs had been a coupling of mutual agreement and necessity, two steel titans thronging together to bring forth fine, fat children for diaspora. he commented nothing of this to aurëwen, merely gave a nod, a glance that confirmed his utter lack of judgement upon the matter, before turning his attention to the former plight of the den's son.
"it shows the strength of his body that he vomited instead of choking. next time, between the shoulder blades, a firm strike, if he cannot breathe. but do not think that his eating dirt will stop," and here a wry smile climbed to the gargoyle's lips. "they will put anything into their mouths that they can reach."
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
She appreciated that glance — truly, she did. Whatever her  ( sort-of )  midwife thought of the dark-and-light pair, Mahler kept it to himself out of courtesy, if not anything else. When the mountan-male have his insight to further dirt-gnawing incidents, her worries and doubts were eased alike; a curl of her lips arrived at the wryness in his voice. "Then I shall watch him like a falcon," she trilled, sparing a look towards her daughter, who was now nibbling at her paw, "nor do I think her eating herself will stop, anytime soon."

The tenative smile grew a tad, and she returned a hesitant, yet warmed gaze back into Mahler's face. "Thank you; I appreciate ze time you've taken out of your way to visit. I understand our arrival was... startling, and that we are quite new, here, but..." Aure fidgeted a bit, as she usually did; feeling a little ridiculous to get the words out, "But, it means a good deal to me. So, ah, thank you, Mahler."

After some time, Aure eventually went back to dinner, and as the night deepened, cleaned her children; nursed them to all their heart's contents; and returned to slumber's beckoning once more.

All of them, herself, were quite novel here; but she understood that with time spent at longer intervals with the Diasporians, then perhaps they could come to terms with Stigmata's claim to becoming their new home. And if not, then... whatever would happen in the coming months would happen.

last post from me <3
453 Posts
Ooc —
Eventually the tiny battle between Dragomir and Isilmë began to wind down, with the latter shoving her paw into her mouth as she so often did. With no further stimulation to keep him awake, Drago curled his pink tongue in a yawn and fell promptly to sleep.