Broken Antler Fen winter will feed on the warmth of your things
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
All Welcome 
They had heard them, their rallying cry carried on cold winds.

When things had settled as much as they could, Dirge and @Hydra had decided to head south towards the fen that housed the wolves of Roangeda. He had intended to make the journey alone, but the curiosity of his mate and her want to meet with @Praimfaya had been reason enough for her to tag along on the day trip.

After all, it had been the young leader who had made them aware of her intentions, and thus it only seemed fair that they come to make theirs known too. He thought it beneficial that they aid one another; another ally would only bolster the claim that they made over the wilderness. With the winter to come and the potential threats ever on the rise, another set of watching eyes in their neck of the woods would be quite handy.

Their steps fell short of the marked borders, the breeze carrying them out long before they tread along such. Dirge's nose worked at the springing rise of cedar just beyond their reach; he found familiar scents mingling.

"This is the place," he commented, "shall we?"

When she agreed, their summons rose, and tangled with the afternoon din.

set for a couple of days after they found and staying vague on some other threads; tags are for visibility though hydra will be joining dirge!
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He went at once, abandoning his pursuit of @Opalia to venture from the heart of their territory to the Northernmost border. Unsure what he might find waiting there, Dacio approached with a preparation to run any rogues off should the need arise. More innocently it could be potential recruits, having heard Roangeda's announcement of claim? Though with all the latest drama that swarmed his life, it wouldn't surprise him to find Rusalka cur lurking near his turf.

What he did find surprised him, and the furrowing of his brow relaxed as recognition crept onto his features. A pair of wolves from the mist by the lake, perhaps seeking further information on those responsible for Vercingetorix' murder. They'd been keen to keep that particular hunt under their control when last Dacio crossed paths with them, something he felt content to allow, but it was his headstrong Worlida who was keen to investigate for herself.

"Hei," the sterling yearling announced his usual greeting, "it is good to see your faces more clearly this time." A ghost of a smile then, to accompany to amused twitch of his tail-tip. "What brings you to the fen?"
"Trigedasleng" "common"
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
quick before-work post.

a summons rises upon the air and praimfaya abandons her pursuit of a scrawny rabbit she'd been chasing. lucky for it as it disappears into its warren, she doesn't have the time to wait it out. with a low snort, praimfaya turns away and makes her way to the borders. it doesn't take her terribly long to reach them, noting that dacio has already beaten her to them — her appearance drawing her in only during the tail end of his question. her frostbound gaze then moves towards the wolves upon roangeda's borders to the familiar form of dirge — though she realizes that she had not gotten either of moonspear's wolves' names when she'd been there and thus recognized him only by sight and smell. from him, it flickers to the proud form of the ebony woman beside him.

hei, the worlida greets simply in trig as she moves to stand at dacio's side, her attention focusing upon the two wolves at their borders, eager to hear their response to her klikalida's question.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Dacio she recognized. 

The other that came upon them was a girl, similar in the age of Dragomir and Isilme. 

The girl Dirge had told her about. 

What had she done in her lifetime, to earn this place of hers? Nothing but be born to it, as far as Hydra could see—but that did not mean she was a girl undeserving of respect in its entirety. Look at where her ambition had gotten her! A yearling would submit to her, and Hydra herself would acknowledge the child-rulers rank here. 

And so she did, with the elegant dip of her head; Hydra's gaze lingered on the girls forehead, considering. She had been busy the day that Praimfaya had respectfully come to advise her of their intentions, but in hearing of her mates intent Hydra desired to meet her. Young did not mean incompetent—the Queen knew this better than most. Hydra had learned, and learned, and come into leadership beneath her parents tutelage but had also been able to learn from two of the most admirable wolves that had inhabited the Teekon. 

Who assisted Praimfaya? Her eyes drifted again Dacio, and she supposed she had her answer. Young, too, him—and what experience did he have under his belt?

Lifting her head only a measure (and not enough for it to be considered a challenge, as that was not her intent here) Hydra drawled, I wanted to meet your leader, she answered to Dacio, looking to Praimfaya as she finished, it appears my husband did not inform you of our own intentions prior to your settling here, when you met, and I also seek to amend this. I hear we have a common enemy, she drawled, eyes flashing with savage delight, and a common interest in keeping safe the children they hunt—have you seen them? She inquired, knowing she spoke mostly of Isilme; the scent had faded some, but not enough to cause great alarm yet. Still... having something else to go off of might be beneficial. And if they were to become allies, if Hydra did come to desire to take her into their protected fold, Hydra would need to know she could trust them implicitly.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Dacio came first, followed by the sleek young wolf that lead him. In measured moments he watched things unfold as Hydra took charge of the conversation. There was a brief flicker of contempt that crossed him over her words; he had a reason for not announcing their plans to every passerby, lest of all those he had not thought able to rally others to causes in the past. Yet now it was more appealing, knowing that the cloth in which Vercingtorix had been cut from was broad and capable. But this was hardly the place to make point of it to his wife, provided he ever would as she rounded back on the threat that had loomed over.

"Our common enemy is also why we come to seek an accord with you," he chimed in, "and given the state of things around us it is significantly more relevant than before." With fleeting game and all manner of things still in a state of upheaval, winter still would come for them. It was better to draw and quarter things to reach an alliance, or at least to determine now if they would merely add to their growing list of unfortunate events.

sorry for holding this up, i got unexpectedly busy over the last week. :(
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
A dark ear flicked backward at the sound of another's approach, and he turned his proud head to point his speckled muzzle in Praimfaya's direction. He greeted her silently, fondness in the crease at edges of each eye that might suggest something of a smile, though it was quick to fade as his attention returned to their two visitors.

"This is Praimfaya," he announced, tone warm with the pride he held for her dedication to succeed at her tender age, "and I am Dacio. I don't believe I caught your names before...?"

Formalities aside, they seemed eager to get down to business. The young Klikalida shifted his weight a little, straightening his postore as his dark lobes swivelled forward at what the raven wolfess' shared. She asked if Roangeda's future commander's paths had crossed with them - a curious thing indeed, considering how she'd warned him not to pursue them further.

With a twitch of a whisker, Dacio maintained his silence and allowed his charge the opportunity to speak up. His job was not to lead for her, after all, but to guide.

"Trigedasleng" "common"
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
the ebon cloaked woman begins to speak and priamfaya gives her her rapt attention, as she shares of wanting to meet her ( praimfaya ) and speaking that her husband — presumably the man at her side — did not indulge of their intentions prior to their claiming of this land. praimfaya's frostbound gaze flickers towards dirge for a moment before sliding back to hydra where it remains. no, she thinks. he wouldn't because praimfaya realizes now that when she'd first visited moonspear she probably hadn't be taken all that seriously. a frustrating fact, that. no doubt caused by her youthfulness.

yet, despite her youth she has accomplished all of this. it might've begun with her mother and her mother's dream for her, a withheld birthright, but it was praimfaya and the kru that had taken her seriously that had built this.

the mention of a common enemy — supplied by dirge as the reason that they seek an accord with them ( that and the famine ) — and isi and dragomir though they remain unnamed as a question as to whether she's seen them rises only slight suspicion within the young commander-to-be. hadn't dacio told her that they were told not to pursue it further? hadn't dacio told her that these wolves claimed they were safe? what changed?

are they not safe within your home? isn't that what you told my klikalida, she gestures towards dacio slightly with her muzzle. when you met at verx's body and ordered him and through him myself not to pursue it further? no, she thinks. she hasn't seen dragomir or isi for many and more moons. she is hesitant to turn away the offer of an accord but for an accord to work she wanted truth and, though it is expected, she does not want to be played the fool just because she is young. she will not be cowed by age or experience. in her mind, older and more experienced wolves are to guide not to intimidate.

i am all for an accord, but i want the truth. she tells the ebon woman flatly. dragomir and isi are my bloodkru. they are blood family. praimfaya tells hydra. in this, praimfaya is plenty invested in their safety, not just as their friend. likely moreso, in her mind, than someone who has no real ties to them.

nanowrimo: 399
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to the girl, eloquent despite her youth. I made no mention of where they were, she drawled, neither denying nor confirming the whereabouts of the children. That was for them to disclose; Hydra herself would not risk them, not knowing so little of Dacio and Praimfaya. One seems honorable enough, and the other young. Youth often aligned with foolishness; looser lips than most, childrens. You could learn much from them. Nor do I ask for you to search for them; I was heard well that day, she glanced to Dacio here, and she nods to him in thanks for listening to her advisement, before she finishes, gaze falling back to Praimfaya: only if you had seen them. 

She only searched for one at this point; Isilme had not been seen in some time. All signs pointed to her own willful departure, but if there was any foul play Hydra wanted to be sure she was aware of it to make the culprit responsible pay the price. It seemed that this was not the case; Dacio and Praimfaya revealed nothing to indicate otherwise, and Praimfaya's concern seemed to suggest the contrary. 

Hydra did not desire to play any for a fool. The less others knew, the less could be discovered by those they did not want to. Praimfaya goes on to establish her own relationship to the children, but seeing what their own blood had already done to them meant their argument this day swayed her very little. Aurewen had abandoned them despite bloodties, disowning them. Hydra did not seek to intimidate Praimfaya here; on Praimfaya's lands, that was the last thing she sought to do. 

If that is so, then I imagine they will find you in time. The truth is this: our common enemy seeks them. I do not know if they are simply hunters of children, or if their grievance is personal—I do not care to know. They are a threat to my children. Of course within Moonspear they are safe, but someday, they will be old enough to roam. I cannot be everywhere, much as I would like to be... came her rejoinder, looking from one wolf to the other for indication of understanding. Hydra did not think them dense wolves by any means, but she would find out if such was the case now. Dragomir and Isilme were old enough to wander, after all. And she would not shackle them to the mountain; she could only warn them. Now. I am a preventative woman. When there is a threat to me or mine, I would much rather be rid of it than let it linger. Blackhead knows of you, and likely your relation to the children given her desire to see what you might do in retribution for... Verx, a moniker for his name, she imagined; less of a mouthful than the name he had given her. It is why I advised you not pursue them; if you are being watched, you might inadvertently give her the knowledge she seeks. And not just her, it seems, she supplied, gaze drifting to Dacio. For after their own encounter, she had learned from Vengeance that the plot only seemed to thicken. She is accompanied by the wolf who killed him—Verx. Not of Easthollow, as it turns out, an ear flicked, recalling what Dacio had shared with her.

And in the nature of prevention, I would like them dead. Hydra would keep this Wilderness safe; but as she herself said, she could not be everywhere at once. In this task, she wanted all the teeth that would help her bring these beings to an end.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal