Bearclaw Valley the bear & maiden fair
sunday, bloody sunday
75 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 

She had been impressed. Still the duo had not spoken a word to one another; Ikkalrok did not speak very English well, nor was she one to speak often at all to start. Ikkalrok had been inclined to join him; their journey to what would soon be home warmed her further to him. They carried the foxes, though did not eat them. Ikkalrok supposed there was a reason for it (it would be the first gift-giving she had conducted), though thought little on it.

Instinct guided her. What she thought as they traveled side-by-side, ear-to-ear and cheek-to-cheek, was that she had found what she had come for. Her own scent might only sweeten along the way, but Revui had let no other near her along the way. Yes, indeed she had found what she had been searching for. The bear of a wolf peered at the Valley they had come to, looking to Revui and matching the scent here to his own. With a shake of her thick furs, she loosed a summoning howl entirely different than the one Revui had heard; she knew what they were doing here, and she knew that they waited that Revui did not yet lead. She remained standing, though her plume altered so as to note her station here in this place. When Merrick came into sight, her head would lower between her shoulders to further demonstrate her understanding. Unnatural though it felt to submit, she was a stranger here. In time, once she was immersed, she would rise.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
In her, Revui had found what he had lost. A shadow to replace his brother, a warrior of great prowess like his sister, and perhaps even a wife to replace that which Kukutux could not be for him; it was all coming together, not that he was fully cognizant of these things. All he knew was the taste of fox blood and the lure of the woman's scent. She was strong and capable, and Merrick would no doubt be pleased with this find. She would add further strength to Ursus.

In his jaws he clutched two fox kits, their bodies broken but most of their pelts intact. One hung lower than the other and dragged in the grass, dying some reeds with rich crimson. As the pair neared the valley's entryway they stopped, with Ikkalrok dropping her own share of bodies — and as her call poured forth across the hills, Revui felt one more powerful feeling: pride.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
the tinge of femininity in his valley drew merrick. though his body was responsive to nature, the boy's mind was not attuned to it he arrived out of interest and instinct, ruddy hackles flaring proudly before the upturned curve of his tail.
@Astara was the only one for whom merrick found himself wanting.
this one was a tall, muscular woman with a fierce gaze and a silent dignity that had emerged in her voice. merrick was wary as he would be with any stranger, but licked his jaws and looked pointedly toward revui and his bloodied catch.
unsure if she would speak, merrick thrust his ragged ears at the she-wolf and waited for one or both to answer in their own way.
sunday, bloody sunday
75 Posts
Ooc —
The bear of a wolf would not speak. In fact as Merrick did arrive, all that she would do was move for him; her proud head drifted downward and she nosed what she had carried toward him. But she would let Revui speak for them both; she did not possess the words for what had, and what would, unfold. Only that it was natural, and that she wished for it with him. Shifting her weight, she observed the man.

She assessed him as any warrior would, and saw that there was something menacing to him. But that was also nothing she could name. In life, there was no good and evil. For Ikkalrok, things were far more black and white. So she attributed it to his own ability as a warrior; he led Revui, so already she thought him capable.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
While they waited, Revui dropped his share of the remains and began to groom some of the blood from them. He was relishing the taste, reliving their success on a slow loop in his mind. It did not need to keep him entertained for long; the dark boy emerged along the leading edge of the rise, and with one eye appraised the bear-woman. His face was unreadable to the gargoyle.

When the woman did not speak, Revui realized that perhaps she could not — or would not. That placed him in an awkward situation, but he would do his best to explain for Merrick: She comes with gifts. I found her in the woods beyond the meadow — a warrior, quite capable. May she stay?

It felt bizarre to ask permission. Merrick could probably discern for himself if she would fit with the rest, and although she was quite strong - and that Revui would vouch for her if the need arose - she was another mouth to feed. It had not occurred to him yet that this immense woman had chosen him for another reason, yet.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
as revui spoke his brief piece, merrick turned a wondering eye over the woman. he placed a paw upon the offered prey. the she-wolf was indeed hale, strong of bone. 
and wreathed in the undeniable scent of her welcoming body. did revui not see this? merrick looked back to the powerful ashen man. "she brings more than that."
it was perhaps cryptic, but the bruin-witch saw only faithfulness in the warrior. another silent wife, though her entry here would do nothing to challenge his raven's rule.
merrick would not have her upset, and kept his silence a considering moment before he nodded. "stay beside her," he ordered — when nature engendered its change in women, the boy would not have them wandering all about.
here now however was an opportunity to be remade in new bloodings for the fierce fledgling pack.
"welcome to ursus," the bearwolf murmured, his glowing cyclops stare resting curiously upon her. "my name will not matter to you." but the cant of his bearing and heft of his body; merrick expected her fealty, and stepped forward to brush the scent of ursus near.
so far she had given it, and so the boy nodded to them both, took up the meat, and drifted away from the wild pair to seek out his feral queen.