Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Limit Two 
Up to two others welcome; just outside the den.

Sialuk remained silent, sans the occasional whimper, bark, and howl. She didn't babble, she didn't speak, but boy-howdy did she listen. The tiny Ostrega soaked in every last word her parents and others spoke, and she couldn't get enough of it. Her larger-than-appropriate ears were constantly swiveling around, memorizing each word and trying to unravel them into something she could understand.

Today, the little raindrop was feeling especially antsy. Suddenly, the den felt suffocating. She decided she was much too big for it, so as soon as she woke up, she scuttled to the area right outside where she spent much of her time these past couple of weeks. The sun was shining, the sky was clear, and although it was a little bit hot, she didn't mind it too much. Her eyes had begun to change from their baby blue, although it would be a few more weeks until they settled into their yellowish color.

Her tongue had healed, although there was a definite lump of scar tissue where she'd bitten it a few weeks back.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
With her children learning some lesson or other from @Dirge today, Hydra took the time to visit her niece and nephew. She thrilled for their existence, but wanted to give the new mother space and had her own cubs to tend to. Still, she had ensured there was time today to check in on them beyond dropping off some choice piece of meat for her sister and the whelps in the den. 

The matriarch brought another and deposited it before the den, chuffing to @Kukutux to let her know she was here if she wished for company. Otherwise, she did not mind interacting with her little niece who was just outside of the den. Hydra lingered where she stood with a waving tail before she took just one step forward and let out a whuff of greeting to her sole bloodbound niece.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk is over-active hyper puppy, hahaha.

The sight of another adult caused Sialuk to pop up from her place on the ground and investigate. She rushed her aunt, immediately greeting her with yips, whining, and licking the side of her leader's mouth. Her tail was going wild, of course, and she realized quickly that Hydra had brought food. That most delicious substance she had quickly learned to love when her mother nipped her away from the milk she had originally grown on.

Not waiting for any instruction to do so, Sialuk began to scarf up as much of the food as she could, knowing that her brother would likely come out sooner or later. When he did, she would have to fight him over it, and she wanted to get a head start. Heck, if she could manage to put it all away, she wouldn't even have to fight him!
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was amused by Sialuk and her willingness to meet her... or, as it so happened, the food. It mattered not. She was impressed by the boldness, and thrilled to see it. Hydra cast her gaze around them and once certain no one else was near that ought not to be, moved closer to Sialuk. Unsure if the girl could yet eat solids for a great length of time, she offered her hovering muzzle to provide a more viable food option. She sniffed at the babe simultaneously, gathering the scents of Kukutux, Jarilo, and her young nephew upon her niece.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Nearly a month had gone by since Sialuk had last tasted her mother's milk, and she had grown strong since then. She had managed to put back a good portion of the meat her aunt had brought before she felt a strange sensation in her stomach. Moments later, the food she had just consumed was back up and on the ground. Sialuk stared at it a moment, licking her lips to try and get the odd taste out of her mouth. It had not tasted as good coming up as it had going down.

This did not deter her, though. She went right back and tried a second time. Thankfully, this time was easier, as the food was already halfway chewed (much like the food Hydra would have produced if Sialuk had asked for it). With the upchucked pile now properly put away, Sia felt bloated and satiated. Saviguk could have the rest when he decided to come outside, she thought to herself.

Gambit used to do this (eat so fast she'd throw up)... then eat the half-digested food, lol.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO