Blacktail Deer Plateau oh here she comes.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
backdating this for 11/7. I made assumptions. Hope it's okay! Wanted to get this up before my absence.

Fig had been thrilled to be given an important job like this to do, though he certainly didn't love the circumstances. The attack on Maia had come as an unpleasant reminder that even though they were nearer to their allies, there were still enemies outside of their borders. Fig had always liked Maia, as he had always liked Wraen. He was excited for the opportunity to go and see the latter again, her and Arcturus, though he certainly wished it were under better circumstances.

@Cinder had made for a good travel partner. Fig had been quick to determine that this was one of the good Blackthorns (maybe Penn was the only bad one?), which had been a relief. He spent the trip content in his packmate's companionship, but felt the tension return as they made their final approach to Blacktail Deer Plateau. It didn't take too long to come across the scent of his former packmates, though it was not as fresh as he would've liked. Seeing no other option, the young wolf tilted back and called for them--@Wraen and @Arcturus--so they could deliver the unpleasant news they'd brought with them.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Reference about @Arcturus made with Lauren's permission.

Since that morning they had talked, Wraen had been on her own. Arthur had needed time to think and she too had felt mentally and emotionally tired to begin the new chapter of her life right away. Therefore she had put a bookmark between the pages and let it rest on the shelf for a while. She too wanted to use that in between time to collect her thoughts and figure out, where to go next and what to do.

Finding Maia had become a dire necessity now - both because Wraen sorely missed someone else to talk to and because by now she was worried. It had been several days already and there was no trace of her trusted friend. And though she was used to having her wander far and wide, she had never stayed this long away during their time travelling together.

She had told Arthur of her intention to leave for caldera, for there lived her former pack mates. Maybe they would be of help. This meant that she was free to leave any time and he would meet her there, whenever the thinking process was finished. Yet she had not gone anywhere yet on the day Fig's call summoned her. Wraen did not hesitate, she was there quickly and after a quick "Hello!" she waited for him to tell, why he had called.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
I’d prefer he not be seen (especially since it’ll screw up continuity at this point). Let me know if this bugs anyone <3

Penn had spent a few days on his own away from his little “pack”. It wasn’t because of them—he enjoyed their company, though it went against his sullen teenage vibes. He simply liked to have time on his own to do the sorts of things that would perhaps have been frowned upon by the others. Such as coyote hunting so he could make Wraen’s poem about him ring with truth rather than hyperbole, which is what he returned from doing that day. She likely wouldn’t approve of that so much, and so she simply didn’t need to know.

He heard their voices before he saw them—one unrecognizable but another uncomfortably familiar. Figment, he’d thought with a scowl. He was downwind of them and immediately had shifted his trajectory in order to stay so, creeping into the trees for cover as he followed them. He ought to have bailed then and there, but he was curious, so when they stopped to call, he too stopped and hunkered down in the brush where he wouldn’t be seen or smelled, his ears perked and listening to hear what on earth Fennec’s brother wanted and how he’d known where to find them.
89 Posts
Ooc — belle
Figment was a silhouette of umbra and shade; ink fur and emerald eyes set in spirit upon their path. Benevolent, good company, and the journey itself was nothing dreadful. He felt in his bones an ache of sorts, but freed nothing from his tongue – the ache had buried itself there before, dull yet doused in familiarity. It was not long since he had returned home, only to set out upon the soil again, but he didn’t mind, and he forgot about it swiftly; travelling was different with companionship. He liked it. It was exhilarating to move, this time with a purpose that didn’t dwindle over the days, no bygone odyssey – it felt good to help. The Blackthorn’s previous escapade hadn’t granted him as much.

He didn’t want to think about that now. He savoured this momentary freedom from thought.

As they neared the plateau, the rabbit-wolf crinkled his gaze, bronze glistening in the sunlight from his profile, as his partner shifted to call. It did not take long for a woman to approach, mottled pelage sprinkled in a bestrewing of indefinite light. This must be Wraen. “Ah, hi, I’m Cinder.” He uttered dutifully; lips bevelled vaguely upward at the corners in greeting. He hoped it polite to do so, despite the circumstances. He would give Fig a chance to talk, and wait for the younger to lead or give the go-ahead; he knew Wraen, and Cinder did not.
for you,
there's nothing in this world i wouldn't do
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
It didn't take long for Wraen to arrive. Fig was relieved to see her as he didn't want to waste too much time hunting for her, but the relief was short-lived as they became faced with having to do what they'd come to do. The news was not completely bad news, but it did have elements that he knew Wraen wouldn't be pleased to hear. Still, he offered her a smile and looked over at Cinder as the older boy introduced himself. He noted the look that was given back to him and turned back to Wraen to share the news.

"Wraen," he greeted, "We came to let you know that Maia is with us at Redhawk Caldera. She came to our borders injured a few days ago and has been in Eljay's care ever since. No permanent damage was done, but she's still recovering. She'll be alright." He paused there, wanting to give Wraen a chance to react before bombarding her with any further information. Had she even known they had moved? He glanced over at Cinder to see if there were any gaps he wanted to fill.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Figment was joined by another young wolf - one she did not recognize directly, but his facial features and the signature marking "Blackthorn stripe" revealed his ancestry and alliance right away. She acknowledged him with a dip of her muzzle, but then her full attention was paid at, what Fig had to tell her. 

"Maia's been hurt?" she blurted out first. And for a few days too. While she had been all the way here, dealing with ex-girlfriends and her own romantic life troubles. She felt a mix of anger for her sister straying that far away, worry for her well-being (because after Colt had died, she no longer had faith that there was nothing to worry about injured people, who were supposedly recovering) and relief that she was in good care. 

"What happened - did she tell?" she asked next, wishing to know more details about the kind of injury she had received.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Two things surprised him about what Figment had to say. The first came early--Redhawk Caldera. Penn's eyes narrowed as he considered what that meant and came up with only one possibility. The pack had moved and reclaimed the Caldera. Why would they do that? And how f*king dare they do that?? The Caldera had always been one of his favorite places to visit, and now he was barred from it. That was some bullshit. 

The second was, obviously: Maia, injured? Penn frowned from his hiding spot in the brush. Like Wraen, he too wondered what had happened to her. Knowing Maia, she probably fell down a mountain. He didn't at all suspect that she might've been attacked or injured by some other creature, though his mind did briefly revisit his own run-in with the crab and he reconsidered. Maybe she'd come out worse off in a hunt.

He stayed silent as he continued to eavesdrop, suppressing any physical reaction to the news being shared so he wouldn't be caught.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Cinder didn't add anything, so Fig fell in to carry the conversation. He didn't mind--the older boy seemed like a shy one and Fig was very comfortable with Wraen, even when the mood was tense. He looked at her, his expression thoughtful and understanding as she reacted to the news.

"She was attacked by a stranger in the Woods just to the South of our territory," he explained, repeating the story that had been told to him, "We've searched and can find no trace of him, but we are keeping watch. She's protected."
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Oh..." was all Wraen could muster, while the news sank in. It should not have felt that surprizing to her, what with the warnings from the other packs about rogue wolves roaming the valley, but, though she had taken it seriously, it still had felt somehow far off. They had always been lucky, whenever the two sisters had travelled together and therefore a false sense of security and invincibility had set in. Well, that belief had been shattered effectively now. 

"Tell her I will come as soon as possible - I just need to find another member of the group to tell, where I am going. We have been worried about her for few days now - not like she has not been absent before, but something did feel a bit off," she said.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
So, no falling down mountains. Maia had managed to get hurt in a far more interesting manner. Penn frowned, wondering who in their right mind would ever attack Maia. That would be like smashing a butterfly. A butterfly that just wanted to feed you cookies and tell you stories by the fireside. Whoever it was must have some serious issues to take their aggression out on Maia.

Penn sensed the conversation coming to a close. He considered briefly showing himself and taking the message Wraen said she wanted to pass along, but he really wasn't keen on seeing Fig just then. Or ever. Besides, he knew Wraen was really wanting Arcturus. So, the Blackthorn slipped silently away, deeper into the woods where he could further contemplate the bullshit that was the Firebirds' takeover of the Caldera.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Fig was quiet while Wraen took the news in, waiting to hear if she had any further questions. He would provide whatever she needed, which ended up just being a nod of understanding. "We'll go back and tell her," he reassured her, glancing over at Cinder, "Be safe. We'll keep an eye out for you."

Assuming Wraen had nothing further, Fig turned to head back to the Caldera with his packmate, their mission complete.

last from me, unless Wraen stops him!