3 noise makers made of fish bones
1 stag skin
1 rack of antlers
1 bison hoof
1 fur of seashells
2 caribou hides
1 marten pelt
1 Elk belly full of meat

Rodyn had caught minimal ducks at the lake, but that was alright. He found his way to the edge of the Sun Mote Copse and at the scent of former sea hunter, he called out. @Njord. He wondered how the man was doing. If his family was growing well? He would need to tell him he saw Seal and that she was doing well.

A small dip of his muzzle. The soft Otter skin and a bison hoof at his paws. The two items he picked to trade or possibly give. There wasn't much else he could do to pay the man who had been there with him when he had been his worst. And a hunt. He could offer him another hunt.

So he waited patiently at the edge a small smile on his face. @Meerkat
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,993 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Although Meerkat didn’t think much of her mother’s extended absence—Towhee had always been pretty candid about her traveling habits—she still missed her. She took up some more patrols in her mother’s stead, happy to have an outlet for her tumultuous energy. She tried to redirect her thoughts from her estranged son to the children present in her life, though she didn’t always succeed.

It helped if she kept them close. Today, Meerkat officially lifted Skipjack’s sentence, inviting both him and @Otter to join her on her walk along the copse’s fringes. They fell into step eagerly, though she noticed her son wasn’t quite as exuberant as his sister. She might even use the word reserved to describe the little fellow’s mannerisms. Meerkat wondered if she ought to worry, though it seemed silly to fret over a calm, obedient child.

They were nearly done with their circuit when someone called out from a part of the borders they’d already passed. Meerkat motioned the bairns to a halt, trying to place the voice. She thought she knew it. If it really was Rodyn, then it was safe to take the kids along to meet him. But before she could say a word about it, Skip asked to be excused.

There was a brief argument then, when Otter offered to go with him and Skipjack insisted he didn’t need a guide. Meerkat waited to see if they would work it out themselves before cutting in to suggest Skip go on and head back to The Taigh—or elsewhere if he liked, as he was no longer grounded—and then asked Otter to go and fetch “something interesting” from one of the pack’s caches.

Finally, the lady of the copse made her way to her caller, smiling a little when she saw Rodyn’s face. Although she hadn’t seen it herself in quite some time, Towhee sometimes talked about him and his sons. Njord spoke well of the man too. And, of course, she’d only ever had pleasant exchanges with him, though it had been long enough that she couldn’t really pinpoint when they’d spoken last.

Rodyn, Meerkat greeted, how are you?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Had Ro known that Towhee had been gone longer than Meerkat was comfortable with. He would have absolutely stopped his current trading to look for her if asked.

Rodyn was uncertain if he spoke with Meerkat when he was in the spear with the boys. He had been so exhausted and so sad. He thought of her often fondly. As she had helped him kindly when he had been searching for sea shells.

A soft smile. Better than I have been. How are you? I'm actually traveling to build some more trading with other packs and also I being an offer of a group hunt in Firefly Glen near the moon villages in the fall.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,993 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She let out a breath at the first few words. She couldn’t imagine what it must’ve been like, losing Samani. She thought she’d lost Njord once but all that pain had disappeared the moment he’d walked back into her life. Rodyn would never be able to escape his grief. Her heart went out to him.

I’m, Meerkat said, pausing to actually consider her answer before continuing, doing okay. We just found out our eldest son is alive but… out of reach. It’s been hard coping with that. But otherwise, things are good here. Quiet. It might be nice to get out and see everyone. I don’t see why we can’t arrange to be there.

By autumn, the bairns wouldn’t be bairns anymore. They could probably go and observe the hunt, if not participate. Meerkat wondered if either one of them would be interested in that. She doubted Skipjack would want to go, though perhaps she was wrong. She would make sure he knew he could if he wanted.

There were some items piled at Rodyn’s feet. Meerkat didn’t want to assume they were meant for her, though she gave them a curious glance. He’d mentioned trading, so perhaps these were his wares. Hopefully Otter would bring something good from the caches in exchange.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Losing Samani and their daughter had been his hardest hurdle to date. But he had found wells of strength he imagined would have otherwise not existed. And it had been so hard. And he doubted he would ever truly stop grieving. But at least he could handle the happy with the sad now too.

He perked his ears forward. Trying to determine if she was truly okay? Rodyn frowned. I'm sorry. Perhaps he will come back to you someday? Maybe he just needs to work out himself.

Emotions could wrap you up and tangle you. And they could hurt and cause you to freeze. HE smiled. I would love to hunt with Njord again and you if you'd like. There will also be women circles and healing circles. Probably stories.

Rodyn pushed the items forward. A bison hoof for the children and an otter skin.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,993 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She said nothing to Rodyn’s remarks on the situation, other than to flash him a grateful smile for his condolences. Meerkat couldn’t guess what was going through her son’s head and had already spent too much time dwelling on it.

I’m sure he’s game, she answered his mention of Njord, and our kids may be interested too. I assume we can bring anyone along? I wonder if mom would want to get in on that, she mulled aloud, eyes twinkling a little.

Speaking of her kids, though, Meerkat glanced over her shoulder, wondering if her daughter might reappear any second. She faced Rodyn when he formally presented his gifts, smiling at the coincidence of the otter skin.

That’s my daughter’s name, so I’d like her to have it. I’m expecting her any minute now. I tasked her with finding something to trade. It might be a while, she posited with a light laugh. In the meantime, thank you for the gifts and the invitation too. We won’t send you home empty-handed.

She lapsed into a thoughtful silence then. She wondered if Rodyn might want to come sit in The Taigh for a little while. Meerkat could feed him. But she’d asked Otter to meet her here. She could always call out to redirect the girl, though so soon after Skipjack had gotten lost, she hesitated. Besides, there was Njord too.

I’m sure Njord heard your call, supposing he’s in earshot. He’s probably headed this way right now, Meerkat speculated.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,394 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He nodded his head. Yes there will be families and other pups there as well. If they are old enough they can even join in. I imagine it will be deer or elk. So we will have to be careful. Towhee told me your one child is blind. I would love to hunt with them before the hunt so I can get a feel for how they hunt and help out.

he laid his ears back. I apologize. I meant no offense. I merely want to help and also learn to adjust to help others like him to be self-sufficient. I hope I didn't overstep. And I am truly sorry if I Did

He had realized too slowly what his words had implied and he felt lower than dirt for it. He had no meant no offense. He simply wanted the youth to be able to hunt despite his eyesight. And he wanted to learn to help others like him. but it had been a bit cruel.

Rodyn chuckled, but he was uneasy now. That he had somehow offended perhaps. Towhee would probably enjoy it. I enjoy her company.

Rodyn settled to his haunches. I don't mind waiting if that's okay.