Arrow Lake akunialuk
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Joining 

Thread titles = “a long time”
 @Stigmata @Mahler @Takiyok
HELLO!!!! Come meet my new boy, aka Tak’s broskie!

The man had a distinct distaste for the heat of the southern land, his heavy pelt late in shedding the man was distinctly uncomfortable. It had been weeks since he had last seen snow and he missed the feeling of the cool crunch beneath his massive paws. He missed home, more than anything.

Avoiding all others Sadiq had been tracking his sister. His limited vocabulary making communication difficult, Sadiq preferred the solitary road. Just over a week ago the man had caught her scent to the far east, it was faint and if he hadn’t been looking, he would have missed it. As he made his way west, the scent of Siarut became more prevalent.

Preferring to meet his sister first Sadiq ignored his brother’s scent. He was equally angry with both of them, but more so with Siarut. The man had been a pillar within the pack, closely followed by Takiyok, and they had both left. Abandoning their family.

Now with no where else to turn, he had tracked Takiyok’s scent to this mountainous territory. Obviously, a pack was settled and well established, and it made him angrier. She had found another family. His rage settled in the pit of his stomach as he released a song calling for her.

you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram is pp-able by any diasporans, and feel free to skip to keep thread going ^^

mahler’s words hung at the forefront of ingram’s mind in the days that followed. he may have been accepted into diaspora, but he had a long way to go to earn the gargoyle’s trust. eager to prove himself to blodreina, and also to those within his pack, ingram was the first to arrive at the sound of another’s song.

he noticed foremost an energy seemed to ripple off of the male — reading the moods of strangers was not the eyjolfur’s forte, but all the same he was distinctly aware of an edge to the northerner. setting his tail over his hips much as he had seen mahler do, ingram cut the male a suspicious look and spoke. need something? as ambitious as ingram was to prove his worth, he hoped this male was not here to sow discord — his life had only just begun to settle, and he enjoyed for once not living on the edge.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Blue orbs watched the man approach, remaining unnaturally neutral to the arrival, Sadiq offered him a cursory glance. Looking him and down, before determining him to be of no threat. As he opened his mouth, and the unknown words dropped Sadiq could feel frustration brewing. The southerner held himself in a dominating position, displaying his intention enough for Sadiq to understand. He didn’t want to cause trouble, but he also wasn’t leaving until he had seen his sister. Out of the two words spoken the arctic man recognized one. need.

He did need something, his sister. Not fazed in the slightest by the males attempted superiority, Sadiq tried a nod. “I am looking for my sister.” The sentence flowed easily, and had they been located on the Tundra there would have been no confusion, yet here in this strange place, Inuttuk was not the common language. As such the man would probably not understand him. With a huff, Sadiq offered one more tidbit of information. “Her name is Takiyok, do you know her?” If his sister was here surely the man would recognize her name.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram withstood the clinical manner the male studied his features, finding it troublesome the stranger reacted rather poorly to his posturing. admittedly, ingram was not well-suited to enforcing dominance (or even addressing the lack of deference the male exhibited, which to ingram seemed unusual) — but he was territorial, and this was a loner encroaching upon claimed territory. for that, ingram kept his posture confidently poised, for in his mind he was the one at advantage. newcomer or no, ingram recognized the subtle hierarchy at play, and a pack wolf always had the upper hand over a loner.

he hoped for his sake a more capable wolf would come along shortly — mahler preferably, for the male exuded a quiet but commanding charisma that none could mistake for anything but high command. stigmata too, but ingram only knew the male in passing and frankly, the basilisk scared the piss out of him. keeping his chin above the northerner’s and giving him a rather pointed stare, ingram listened to the male’s explanation. he did not sound as if he was from here, a fact not all-together unusual, and maybe that explained the lack of social politeness on the tundrian’s behalf. maybe ingram’s customs were just as foreign to sadiq as sadiq’s was to him. that alone caused ingram’s impression of him to shift to something a bit more sympathetic. she’s here, but it’s not my call to let you in. by the way — it may not be normal where you are from, but you will get nowhere with our leaders if you don’t drop the tough guy act. blood or not, they are beholden to none. ingram gave a careless shrug then, hoping one of them would be along soon — he didn’t particularly care for being social, and looked forward to getting back to blodreina. i’m sure they will be along shortly.
i'm gonna hold a pen
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg
just wanted to confirm that Sadiq does not speak English, and he understands very little.

The man spoke quickly, and Sadiq narrowed his eyes trying to follow all the words. His brother and sister had been the scouts, the ones to learn the language of foreigners. A skill that he himself had never thought necessary and so was struggling to follow the words as they tumbled from the other mans maw.

Again he understood only a few words. she’s here. Ears perking of their own accord, Sadiq couldn’t help the minute amount of relief that worked it way past his frustration and anger. The man remained rooted to his spot a few feet from Sadiq. He didn’t seem to be offering him the option to see her. For which he couldn't blame the man, he was still a stranger. This was the very reason he had called for his sister.

Annoyed and frustrated with his lack of understanding and the distance he had travelled only to be held back by a whelp. Plopping down, he waited for his sister to make herself known. Tempted to let lose another howl, despite how rude that would be with a member of the pack standing right here.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
fortunately for sadiq, ingram had always been a rather good-natured wolf; even with his spats in grimnismal, the male had never been inclined to use much force to hammer home a point. bleeding heart as he was, it was he that had released grimnismal’s only captive: if only on the principle he perceived it an injustice to imprison a life. 

he had already forgotten the slight, but he remained at attention even as the male slunk to the ground. perhaps that was his culture’s way of submission — ingram would not judge, though he kept his ears and eyes open for the arrival of diaspora’s eminent.
i'm gonna hold a pen
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
cameo ig

Whatever task the basilisk had given Vonnaruil had fallen short — the days had eased and ebbed as they wished, and though he’d meant to ask after Stigmata for a new quest, sighting him had certainly been a difficult thing. Hoping the iron-clad was well (and missing him, as he should be), Aurëwen’s twin thought he could make up for such a defect by answering a strange, snowy call.

With a blithe hum-ho, he gave his sister a much-needed embrace, pecked the children, and hastened away. Just as in the Vale, two lovely males lingered at the border, and Vonn let his eyes roam appreciatively. He knew that Ingram was promised to Blodreina, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t admire new blood... which must be why this stranger was here?

?” The pewter masc queried, taking long, languishing, prancing strides to bring himself closer the the coal-cloaked and northerner. “A visitor?” His question alit towards Ingram, though his eyes remained upon the wanderer.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
each day he looked for thorn, and each day mahler came away dismayed. the man's scent in diaspora was all but faded; he feared the worst and it set him abristle, causing him to call for extra patrols. the existence of six growing babes within the packland fueled his trepidation, his angst, and the shadowpriest often found himself exhausted at the end of each day.
songnotes touched the air, the call of a wolf awaiting a verdict, and mahler's wide jaws split in a yawn as he paused before gathering himself to answer. pale vonnaruil and dark ingram had already accosted the large creature upon the borders, a cold-looking individual who uniformly resembled takiyok. noting this with some interest, mahler came to stand alongside the other diasporans, tail flagging momentarily over his haunches as he settled the impassive lilac of his voidless stare upon the newcomer.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He waited and he waited and he waited. Patience was not a virtue that Sadiq held in great measure, in fact it was a skill that he lacked. His bushy white tail flicked against the ground in agitation, and he reclaimed his paws as another man approached. He was familiar in a general sense, his build and the color of his pelt spoke to the artic that he was surely descended. Alas there were words that Sadiq did not understand, instead he held his silence and watched what might transpire between the two men. He was beginning to feel antsy the longer it took for his sister to arrive, surely, she must have heard him. If she were truly here.

Yet another arrived, but the this one offered no words. Sadiq turned his full attention on this man. He held himself with a different stature than the rest, a deep-seated confidence that spoke of leadership. It was easier for Sadiq to relax, a hierarch had been set, and Sadiq no longer felt the need to push. The dark man had an unnerving stare of the most unusual faded purple, and Sadiq dipped his head slightly in greeting. A gesture that perhaps only Ingram might recognize as submission.

Taking a breath Sadiq tried once more, “I am looking for my sister, he said she was here.” The northern tongue of his home the only way in which he could communicate, Sadiq hoped that maybe someone would recognize it. Flipping his head in Ingram’s direction to emphasize his point, the pale man continued. “Her name is Takiyok Ateneq, I know she is here. I demand to see her.” Perhaps more forward than any self-respecting pack wolf would allow, and yet Sadiq didn’t care. He wasn’t one for manners, nor trying to please others. He wasn’t his brother. He was part of the Yakone litter, and the Yakone’s did what they wanted when they wanted. Waiting expectedly Sadiq surveyed the three men before him, before relanding his sky blue gaze on the newest charcoal man to arrive.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram missed none of the impatience on his compatriot’s behalf, for it rolled off of the tundrian like summermelt from a glacier; only instead of ice-cold, he seemed to simmer. the eyjolfur remained still, his ears turning as a new wolf waltzed into the foray. he recognized him immediately as a fellow diasporan, and met him with a brief smile and a gentle wag of his tail. vonnaruil, inquiring after the nature of sadiq’s visit, was given a helpless shrug. he’s here for takiyok, the eyjolfur explained, grateful for someone else’s arrival to break the unconditionally terse atmosphere.

mahler’s arrival was much anticipated, and in full display of his rank ingram’s tail and posture shifted, communicating his station in the natural ease of a wolf accustomed to hierarchal displays. noting mahler was silent, ingram stood by as the stranger spoke again, his posture reverting in stiff suspicion given his inclination to be territorial. plainly speaking, ingram’s socks were not charmed off of his feet by the strange wolf at their borders, and he looked to mahler for his verdict.
i'm gonna hold a pen
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
words fell from the man’s lips, determined but unrecognizable, save for the name takiyok. this was confirmed by the somber ingram; mahler’s eyes flicked over vonnaruil as well before the newcomer regained his attention.
”who is takiyok to you? mate? brother?” the gargoyle rumbled. there was little chance that he would allow the man entry until it became clear who he was, and certainly not near takiyok or her new brood. he hoped the words would be recognized by the stranger; he was prepared to be patient.
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

The gargoyle coloured man had asked a question, if the inflection of his voice was any indication. Sadiq tried desperately to grasp any word that he recognized, other than Takiyok’s name he had to dig deep for the minute lessons he could still remember from puphood. Brother. He had heard that word between Sia and Tak before, they new the common tongue better than any in their family and often spoke it for no good reason at all.

Tilting his head to the side and scrunching his face in confusion for a split second, Sadiq nodded his head. “Sadiq, Takiyok brother?” He honestly hadn’t payed much attention to his language lessons, and he was berating himself for his lack of sensibility. All he wanted was to see his sister. Suddenly the word that had been sitting at the tip of his tongue came to him. “Ah! Sadiq brother, Takiyok sister?” Surely that made some sort of sense. “I just want to see my sister. Please.” Not normally one to beg, he ground out the words through clenched teeth.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram did what he did best (besides being naturally annoying) -- he remained silent, watching mahler carefully for cues. he kept his posture borderline neutral -- though he was ready at any moment to drive the stranger from their lands if the gargoyle decreed it.

he had not forgotten the male's irate manner, nor his frosty reception -- he focused keenly on the tundrian as he struggled to speak, mentioning in fragmented words something about 'brother' and sister. ingram did not bother to hide his lingering suspicion; it was plain as snow on the tip of a mountain, as evident as sun after a rainy spell -- but for now he kept his opinions unspoken.
i'm gonna hold a pen
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She was dozing off in her den to the comforting sounds of the four nursing bearcubs when the familiar call sounded across the territory. She sat up quickly, at first wondering of she had actually heard the sound. How was it even possible that he was here? She got up, looking to her children apologetically as she interrupted their nursing, and walked outside to stand in front of the den. There was no way she would leave them alone, but she was growing worried; Sadiq didn't speak very much common, and he shared her same brash nature and temper, so she was afraid of what might transpire at the borders without her there. He had called for her, and she knew he would begin to grow impatient when whoever greeted him understandably didn't let him just waltz in and see her without knowing who he was or why he was there. 

She was pacing outside the den when Stigmata appeared, probably on his way to the borders. She quickly explained the situation to him and after he agreed to stay with their children, she quickly set off towards the brother she hadn't seen since she left home. 

When she saw him standing at the borders, her heart quickened; she didn't think she would ever see him again. She nodded to her three packmates as she passed them to go directly to her littermate and press her face into the fur of his neck. The scent of her family filled her nostrils, reminding her of how much she had actually missed him. She stepped back, moving to stand beside Mahler. Sadiq, she said first, switching to her native language out of habit mostly. How did you find me? Why are you here? the questions came out quickly. She was happy to see him, but she worried about what pulled him from their home. She turned to the three men then, realizing they would probably want to know what was going on. This is my littermate, Sadiq, she offered. He doesn't mean us any harm.
Inuttuk
Common

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
her brother. somehow this lessened a good deal of mahler's apprehension, though he gathered himself to press the male further. for what reason, he did not know, but it was for naught. takiyok soon appeared, swathed in the beautiful curves motherhood had bestowed upon her powerful body, and began to converse with the male in his language.
soon it was confirmed that the man, called sadiq, was indeed a relative of her own; she defended him gently, and mahler lowered his muzzle in deference to the pionier's vouch.
"then he vill be our newest geist," the gargoyle declared. the man was hale of body and fierce of eye; the shadowpriest had little doubt he would be of asset to diaspora. eyes met those of the northerner, promising a savage retribution if he should betray them, but he stepped back from the siblings then.
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

good to archive?

Takiyok appeared in her magnificence, as usual. Out of instinct he curled his head around in a sort of embrace, glad that she at least looked healthy and was free to travel as she wished. Her motor mouth started, and he realized that while she was different and more mature than the last time they had seen each other, she was still his littermate at heart.

“We can speak when we are alone.” This conversation would most likely not be pleasant, and Sadiq was simply glad to have found some normalcy in his life. The grey man dipped his head, and offered words that Sadiq didn’t really understand, alas he didn’t miss the firm gaze of the brute. A look that reminded him greatly of his father. Sadiq simply dipped his head in silent understand, a notch of respect had been earned and the warning would be headed.

567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
as soon as takiyok arrived, ingram's features settled. he watched, reserved, as the two met. their reunion should be a sweet moment away from prying eyes, so after a brief glance to mahler to ensure all was well, ingram rose.

he wouldn't linger. doubtless, the two tundrians had much to talk about -- and knowing the male's story was at least being collaborated by takiyok, ingram felt better about turning away.
i'm gonna hold a pen