Hideaway Strath khamsin
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
Joining 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: hallucinogenic refs

damn got carried away again smfh
edit: hes trespassing & i accept all consequences @Kynareth Deagon & @Nyra

pharaoh had a curse upon him, and it was to never know satisfaction. 
ramesses therefore committed to nothing; he moved where Amun guided, and it was away from the respectable prophet and his elusive daughter. but it was also for lust, for ramesses loved the world and wanted to devour each experience for himself.
but because the prince was a fool, because for all his captainly bluster, he knew nothing of the sea nor its cold power here, a lively spring storm caught him off-guard and drove the bored brat into the sea.
he was thankfully spat up near a grove of curious greenery. ramesses could think only of the fig-trees which beautified the shoreline of his own remembered sea. he drew a course along the beach for a long while, weakening beneath the eye of Ra. ramesses had never before needed to navigate; while instinct began to gnaw at him, he remained stiff-necked and arrogant. the exile cut inland almost too late, stumbling by blind luck upon a swamp mingling with freshwater fed by a lake. 
here he swallowed great draughts of water far too quickly. this was remedied by retchings; the wrung boy collapsed upon the bank and soon passed into a black sleep.
however long later, he awoke rather oddly refreshed but aching with hunger. you will remember he had never bothered to do anything to help himself along or gather his own skills, among them hunting. ramesses, caked in mud and scorched, mouth tasting of slough, thoroughly humiliated, spent this new energy upon futile searches that turned up a drowned mouse and a half-eaten fish. but he was beyond dignity now, and ate both as though he were a starving servant. 
again, he slept, somehow still arrogant in his spoiled ability to senselessly slumber in the middle of a forested clearing. 
days had long ceased their meaning. pharaoh could no longer scent the ocean; it was far behind him, and he was deep within this wild green land accented with stone and coursing waterways. here he drove away a pair of foxes to choke down desperate mouthfuls of the duck they had killed. by this time, however, ramesses had learned not to make his bed where he had last eaten, this lesson imparted by a terrifyingly huge beast for which ramesses had no name, which had bellowed and chased him through the night. in the morning the hawk-in-the-nest discovered wide prints larger than his own paw in the rich earth of the ground below.
he spoke aloud to Amun now. first he argued with his god. was it not enough that he had been sent so far? to a horrid cold land with its strange and heathen populace? they knew not even the name of Ra! now he had grown grim and ashamed beneath the veneer of grime that now encrusted his pale fur. only the faint glint of the goldspice upon his nape and shoulders suggested he was more. 
on the last day, ramesses was drawn by the relievingly familiar scent of cedarwood. he wept in that forest, chose to spend the next night there, and consumed an edible-seeming fungus in celebration. pride, that he had learned to live off the land.
for the next span of hours, ramesses whirled through the patterns of his own consciousness. Amun came to him and spoke in a ram's voice of his sins. Osiris looked gravely upon the boy. and Ra opened his mouth, and ramesses heard something he had never heard before.
the mushroom edible after all, but with a sordid little property that dazzled the naughty wanderer and sent him stumbling directly across the borderlines of a pack dominating the adjacent territory. ramesses could only remember the smell of cedar, and in his mind he walked the golden sands of home again.
he shouted loudly at the figure of Amun, which had returned to inform pharaoh that he must learn humility. "you think i am not humble?" the boy called toward the sun. "there is nothing left of me that could be called a son of seti! i am a vagabond, and you have done this to me!"
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn isn’t even on a patrol at the moment. He’s leisurely trotting to the river to get himself a nice drink. That is until he’s hearing an unfamiliar voice. The only other unfamiliar wolf he knew of in the pack was Charles and he met him the other day finally. He doesn’t recognize his voice as said brown wolf so it instantly makes him curious.

He’s quickly forgetting his water and moving in the direction of the voice. Eyes squinted slightly, suspiciously, as he moves around trees and rounds small hills to finally meet a stranger. Who the hell is this? He wonders furrowing his brows. He seemed to have made it fairly far into the territory, so it’s making Donovan think that just maybe this could be another pack mate unknown to him. Since that seems to be a trend now; inviting wolves in and not telling boss man.

This man has pale fur and strikingly, royal blue eyes. It piques his interest and he’s stalking towards him. Well, one wouldn’t really call it stalking, he’s not trying to be sneaky one bit. Heavy footsteps move against the ground as his massive form reveals itself to the other male. A circular brow quirks and a deviously curious smile tilts his lips upwards. 

“And who might you be? Causing a ruckus in my territory. I sure hope you were invited in, sweetheart.” He hums deeply and confidently. Then he’s purring the next words devilishly. “Or you might have a big problem on your hands.”
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Kyn may not have been patrolling, but Nyra most definitely was.

And she had caught the scent of the intruder on wind, far enough away as she was that Ramesses would have gotten a decent distance in by the time she arrived. 
And so, it was. 
The Overseer saw her co-lead intercepting the pale intruder, thus...

The Battle Phoenix kept sprinting with bared teeth, straight for Ramesses. 
Thundering paws and a height equally as giant as Kynareth came streaking with a savage battle cry as Nyra arced deadly fangs for the boy's face, and only when she registered a tad too late that Kyn had it handled, the Overseer stopped with fangs clicking together audibly as they harshly brushed Ram's nose on their closure. 

Nyra was literally nose to nose with him and held a fully dominant pose, cold-burn amber piercing into the intruder as she rumbled loudly and stepped back a pace to be shoulder to shoulder with her co-lead. 

"Answer him wisely, boy." Nyra warned with a poison-dipped purr, similar in every way to a seductress.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
humility. now it was the voice of his father which spoke. ramesses was hurt by this, angered further. seti had only seen fit to give hatshepsuun his paternal favour; even if ramesses had been a better son he would not have given the boy that vaunted throne.
his senses were filled suddenly, violently, with the purring voice of a gigantic striped creature. teeth closing upon the fur of his muzzle, another large wolf, muscled and carved from purest marble. her war-shout rattled through his head. 
pharaoh gasped.
he jerked away from them both, but the thing, the horrible little thing which he had consumed, now tangled his legs beneath both their gazes and dropped the filthied prince to the ground. he stared at their massive paws, chaotic mind trying fervently to make sense of what had been said to him.
territory. problem. boy.
tongue felt thick in his mouth, but the effects of the mushroom kept instinctual fear at bay. he craned his neck against the ground and stared up at the pair, moaning as their heads seemed to dissolve into gilded motes of light.
speak! Amun commanded inside his skull, which felt now as though it might splinter beneath the deluge of terror that finally, at last engulfed him in its yawning throat.
"i was led here," pharaoh proclaimed from his wormlike place upon the dirt, leaves and other debris clinging to the once-pale contours of his coat. "by the gods."
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
edit for unexpected post lol

It was true enough, she had missed a few things once her heat struck but now that said state had passed The Priestess had resumed her former duties. Almost. Formerly she had resigned herself to the role of a Medic even if she had not held such a title but since coming out of seclusion and receiving her promotion, Aerin had taken the new role fairly seriously. 

Arlette was out of commission (and she had never met Hemlocke) for the time being which meant the sighthound and her mate alone were working together to look after the health of the Sainthood, though they had slipped into the trend of sending Vein to work with any medical patients and deploying Aerin for anything regarding the multiple litters borne this season. Aerin was not just a healer, however, she was also expected to support her superiors as a warrior in her new rank. 

In time, Vein would probably prefer her to steer clear of the borders for safety -- and she would have to begrudgingly agree with him on that one -- but for now there was no guarantee that she was even carrying. The midwife thought she ought to be fine patrolling, a quick call and her kin would swarm any interlopers or challengers who might think to harm her anyhow. Imperia's trespass had proven how quick -- and savagely -- her pack would respond to such threats.

When the sound of distant voices, not all familiar, carried to her on the wind, the Saluki priqued alert auds of snow wisps and took off on darting steps towards the sound. Her gait lengthened naturally into the leaping, deer-like bound known of her kind -- lending her an otherworldly speed as she tore through the forest towards the northern opening of the borderlands. 

She slowed when the white figures, and an all too familiar brindle one, came into sight -- galloping up and pattering to a prim halt on Kynareth's opposite side. The midwife knew a moment of apprehensive fear, restraining the urge to allow her moonstones to flicker towards Nyra's distended sides. The Grandmaster wouldn't let amything happen to their Overseer though, and neither would she, Aerin promised as she turned her flinty optics of cool quicksilver instead towards the man with sapphire eyes. 

She was sure her higher-ups had already beaten her to the punch with some witty lines and thus, fell silent from her place by Kyn's striped side. Perhaps the seelie was not as intimidating as the much larger warlord and shieldmaiden but if she knew this, she didn't show it. There was a regality in the way the scarred doe raised her pale diadem, dominance in the raised flag of her tail and auds as she approached. 
The ghostly spectre had already crumpled upon the ground beneath her leaders' displays, causing the halfling to shift on her paws uncertainly. There didn't seem to be any need for violence. He did not seem entirely lucid to the once-druid -- reminding her of those amongst the star-worshippers who had been afflicted by usage of potent plants. Plants that enabled one to see other dimensions or speak with beings not of this plane. But it was his words of the gods, though she did not yet know that they were not the exact ones Vein taught her of, that caught her attention -- gibeon orbs of mercury glinting with sudden fascination. 
The Priestess stepped forward lightly, catching the gaze of both leaders before murmuring softly: "'e is nae coherent. I do nae think 'e even knows 'e 'as trespassed. I 'ave seen zis before, sometimes in patients who 'ave 'ad too many seeds of poppy fer pain." 
"But 'e speaks of ze gods...perhaps ze very same zat brought @Vein to us. Maybe ve should take 'im to ze Chambers so my 'usband can look at 'im..?" The girl suggested hesitantly, unsure how her superiors might feel about such a thing. The Saints were well known for their brutish behavior but surely they had some measure of mercy -- even for drugged fools.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn watches as the inebriated man takes in Kynareth’s words slowly but surely. Yes, there’s something wrong here and the distant look in the others eyes is odd. So odd, Kynareth can’t help but quirk a brow and gaze suspiciously at him. Yet, his smile is still on his maw. That is until he hears the thumping of Nyra running up viciously to him.

The Grandmaster flicks his head to look at her as she descends on the poor man and Kyn now raises both brows. His smile gets wider when the man is falling to his side in submission for her. It satisfies him, his show of submission. Yet when Kyn looks to Nyra he’s remembered that she is in facts pregnant and he wouldn’t be letting her get herself into a squabble. 

“Nyra, back down please. I don’t want you getting hurt.” He says softly and he lets his eyes move from her own to her slowly distending belly and back to her golden orbs. Easily showing that he’s referencing her pups. He knows she’s very capable of defending herself, but he doesn’t want to take the chance. 

Then Aerin is joining them and the man is also speaking up. I was lead here by the gods. Kyn chuckles. Oh, boy, another one. Just like Vein, except this man is definitely not as polite as the other pale male — intruding in on their territory and such. Still he listens to Aerin carefully and he nods. That’s almost too bad. He hasn’t eaten anyone in so long. Still, he wouldn’t just ignore his Priestesses suggestion. 

So kyn moves forward over the male. Not really towering over, but he’s only about a foot away and looking straight down at him. 

Get up.” He orders. “We’ll see about your so called gods and why they lead you here.” He hums with that same teasing smirk. 

The Grandmaster flicks his gaze to Aerin. “I’ll bring him with you to Vein. If what you say is true, then perhaps he could end up like our beloved medic instead of a pile of bones at our borders.” He says it as if he couldn’t quite care, but still, Aerin’s opinion means something to him. He can’t help but look back down at him with a devilish smirk though. “He would make a nice decoration though.” He says to scare him more than anything. Plus, Aerin has been doing very well in her new role and for these exact reasons is why they even assigned the rank to someone in the first place. A different point of view.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The brat falls to the ground submissively, and this helps to deter her teeth from his flesh. 
Nyra looks to Kynareth with slight protest, but she catches his meanings and with a begrudging grumble, she steps back to stand beside him as Aerin approaches. 

Listening to the Seelie, Nyra loses some of her tension. This man did seem pretty...influenced. 
The battle phoenix chuckles a brush of breath as her co-lead commands the boy to rise. Yes, they'd take him to Vein, see what this young man had to offer. 

And she would be there for it, most definitely. 

"I'm coming as well. I'm curious as to what the youth has to say." She commented once Kyn had decided the current fate for their pale intruder with Aerin.
Her voice was with finalty, and her body language now had melted a tad to show a less dominant desire to eat the poor kid. 
She'd be sparing, this day.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
water. ramesses felt as through he had never tasted such before; every fiber of him cried out for it, a low ragged sound in his parched throat the only sound he gave as they spoke around him.
pharaoh was not yet prepared to return to himself. Amun pushed him to sit up, and then to rise, tucking trembling legs beneath himself as he stumbled a step forward.
the brindled beast and the snowdriven counterpart offered no threat. the heavy accent of the far smaller wolf who had joined them lifted his ears for a moment.
pharaoh. undignified. do you deserve your titles? Sekhmet chirruped. Osiris sighed. he has been pious. let him have a small measure or dignity. Isis formed her lips into a pout and agreed. 
the gods continued to sit at their perches in the sky, but ramesses' lapis gaze had fallen away from them. the faces of those who had come revealed themselves. a man with a curious cast to his broad face, a woman cut from the cloth of a general. and their feathered counterpart, her appearance so foreign to pharaoh that he could only gawk.
nothing more to say. as the euphoric feeling began to slip away, he would go where they directed, slowly becoming aware of his thin frame beneath his dirty pelt, slowly becoming aware of the position he had placed himself into.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
The over large white brute was out looking for the ‘magic mushroom' Hemlock had told him about, the ones that could possibly help to open a path between this realm and the gods. It should be near here. He was not so far away that had heard the commotion, though not the words precisely, he was to far off to pick up words but the gathering was growing he could hear the tones of the grandmaster and overseer and so he decided to pay it no heed and continue his search.

He found the mushrooms and a strangers scent, this bothered him since the scent lead deeper into the pack lands likely the source of the commotion but he was busy and Kynareth and Nyra were capable to handling this, he’d join them soon, but first he set about carefully digging the mushrooms up and gingerly placing it in the skull he had tied around his neck like a Saint Bernard rescue barrel.

As he was about to head toward the commotion of his own volition, he heard tones that called to him and his heart sped up along with his paws. He had heard his mate, She with new life, the Gods Gifts possibly growing within her was near to this stranger. He pressed his teeth together as he caught up to them, Coming up behind them rather then them finding him.  Catching Kynareth’s last words ‘He would make a nice decoration though’ He had to agree, a stranger to near to his wife. “That he would” Vein agreed amicably “I would have thought Nyra would have hung him up there already,” He nodded subtly to the overseer as he moved blithely past the stranger then circled him putting himself into the male’s path looking into the wide pupils.

In these actions he had smoothly placed himself between the stranger and Aerin. A questioning humf escaped his throat before his deep rich tone that was far calmer then he truly felt,  filtered from him. His voice was deep and rhythmic almost as he tried to draw the answers out of the wolf “What gods young one? Why do you smell of rot and salt; rather then blood or glory?”  His own chest and legs were coated with dried blood marring his white coat a rusty brown.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

She had spoken out and her idea had been accepted but this did not mean that her eyes fell with pity upon the gilded snowbird at her feet -- who seemed to have regained some measure of clarity. In fact, they remained hard and aloof -- determined to remain detached and uninvolved as he gawked openly at the halfling. He had trespassed and Kynareth had a right to do with the man as he wished but it was Aerin's job to help temper the more volatile reactions of her leaders -- show them a more peaceful route if it could be taken. There was no guidebook that said they must torture or else murder this man, string his pale hide up as a warning when the Sainthood themselves were warning enough in these parts, but perhaps he might prove useful if they spared him, showed him mercy -- perhaps it would pay for him to feel indentured unto the Saints. Favors were the most expensive currency after all.

The Priestess nodded her agreement to this notion silently, having no issue with the duo helping to escort the intruder to Vein. She was halted in her path as she turned, allowing her feathered plume to swing a loose pendulum at her hocks in greeting as her mate suddenly appeared. Remaining silent, the acolyte only shifted, reaching out to touch her pink nose to Vein's side reassuringly -- I'm good. I'm here.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
since ive already started posting in the pack territory but he hasn't officially introduced himself i wanted to get this in D: feel free to powerplay him away!

another man, beribboned in blood. a holy man. aditya had been a holy man. and yet ramesses had left all the same. what could new gods do for him that his had not? he assumed all such things and then more; words fell toward him again. a thickly laid parade of words from the smallest figure.
the holy man was speaking again.
"because you see before you a man humbled by his gods," ramesses answered in a steadied voice that did not matchmake the crumbling of his hapless limbs. his muzzy gaze swept them all, saw their faces, and then nothing.
"Amun has sent me," the exile answered. "he has made of me a vessel, and within me i will store the history of your people," the wraith offered, for he had nothing else to give. 
"i am pharaoh."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth watches him with hardly contained interest, brows raising a fraction at his confession when he answers Vein’s question. Moving towards the medic more Kyn looks to him.

“We’re keeping him. Do what you can to get him back to normal. Hold him with you until he’s sober. Don’t want him to piss off the wrong person.” With that Whrist comes to mind fondly. He chuckles. “Don’t want anyone eating him now do we?” He purrs as he flicks his yellow gaze to their newest addition. 

With that, he would be taking his leave, expecting his medic and Priestess to be able to fulfill his request successfully. He has other matters to attend to. Offering a curt nod to them all he moves to sidle away and further into the strath. Specifically over to his den to care for his wife and children. Perhaps tell her of the news so @Simmik doesn’t eat him whenever she sees him on a random outing.