Swiftcurrent Creek golden
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,435 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Oh! They were actually orange! She hadn't even considered that; so many things had names that didn't actually mean what they said, especially plants. He went on to explain about their fruit, their color. That sounds beautiful. Maybe you could show me, before I go home? She asked, but then remembered that she didn't want to get too distracted. Not again.
I - think I'm ready to try again. With our conversation, I mean, Reverie added before she could lose her nerve. I want to be able to... discuss things, when we need to. I think I just need to be careful. If that's okay? She looked at him anxiously then, hoping he wouldn't think her request too outlandish.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"yes! of course, anything you need," lestan said softly and placidly, folding himself closer to her shimmering golden flank and waiting for her to speak.
mostly he waited because he wanted to hear her voice, though it was partly because he didn't know what to say.
kvarsheim was her home. he could not and would not take her from bjarna. but lestan had grown attached to the creek and its wild men, and the scarce sense of familiarity he had now in akavir.
he waited, eyes luminous with wondering affection.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,435 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He agreed so easily, as if it was nothing at all to him; she was coming to expect it, the way he seemed to understand so many things. It felt odd, to fear the worst but not expect it the way she always did. She took a breath, thinking that she should explain from the beginning. From the exact place where it went wrong. It was easier to remember what had happened now that she was calmer, but in the moment it had felt a little surreal and hard to track. She wasn't sure she'd even known what she was thinking at the time.
I didn't mean to say... what I said. I don't want to leave you, but I understand that we both have to go home. What I meant to say was that I want this too, even if it takes time. And then I thought... well, I've forgotten so many things. I don't want to forget you! And here, the shine of tears touched her eyes again, but she looked away for a moment and blinked, and when she looked back at him they were gone. I have to... figure things out with Kvarsheim, anyway. Bjarna took me in when I was lost, and I won't abandon her, but Kvarsheim needs things that - I don't know if I can give. They -
She stopped, because she felt it coming again. That feeling of being overwhelmed, of not knowing what she was thinking. Reverie didn't know what she would say next, so she simply stopped. She took a deep breath. Back on topic. What I mean is that we can figure it out when we're ready. Like you said. I'm sorry I made this such a mess...
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lestan shook his head, again! it seemed he would always do this. "oh, reverie, my sweet! there is nothing for which to apologize." gallantly he lifted her small paw with his own, and brushed the top with a kiss. "i think out loud, you see, which surely applied more pressure than i meant. no," the mayfair went on. "you can't leave bjarna or kvarsheim. and i can't leave the creek."
not now. maybe when they were settled and stable, with babies to come.
hot under the collar now, squirming. 
"i won't forget you. and i don't believe you'll forget me either," lestan said in a soft and determined tone. "let's get through till spring."
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,435 Posts
Ooc — xynien
100 for you!
She blushed under his endearment, his affectionate touches, but it didn't change the fact that what he said made her anxious. He seemed so certain about so many things, things that she herself wasn't entirely certain of. She didn't know that she wouldn't leave Kvarsheim for reasons entirely unrelated to Lestan. And she didn't know that she wouldn't forget him, or any of them.
Until spring, She agreed with a soft smile, thinking of what Gunnar had said about spring and wondering exactly what that meant, then grew more serious. But, Lestan... I need you to know that - I haven't been with Kvarsheim for very long at all. I don't know if... well, I don't want you to think that if something happens there, it's because of you. I need to figure things out for myself.
I don't mind that you think out loud, you know. I think it's cute, She added, smiling a little nervously now. She hoped he wouldn't think less of her, for not being wholly devoted to the pack she'd joined. Bjarna, she adored, but Kvarsheim?
She didn't know.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
woo! congrats! <3

cute! lestan found he hardly knew what to do with himself when reverie said that! he glowed and chuckled and discovered he was rendered speechless, at least for a few moments.
"i'm v-very happy you don't mind," he said gently. "and yes, yes, you have to do what's best for you. i support this, of course."
painstaking to think that perhaps this did not include him!
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,435 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Thank <3 Slips in a song to celebrate

Editing a fade in with permission!
Impossible not to notice, she thought, the way he reacted when she mentioned that he was cute. His flushed pleasure was enough to sweep away her anxiety, and her smile came more easily after that. He was cute. Almost painfully so. And so agreeable!
She remembered orange trees, then, and it didn't overwhelm her. Everything seemed perfect for a moment. Thank you, Lestan. Do you think maybe now is a good time for orange trees? I still can't believe they're orange! I thought it was just a name, when you first said it! She very much wanted to see them. Maybe there were purple trees, too. Or blue.
He agreed as easily as he'd agreed to every other request she had. Sometimes she wondered if he would ever disagree with her at all, but she was delighted to spend the time with him. They marveled at orange trees together, and she asked him silly questions like his favorite color and whether he would sooner have wings or fins, until eventually it was time to go home. Except... she didn't want to. So she sent him off sometime just before the border, just before anyone would notice she was back at Kvarsheim. When she was certain he wouldn't see her, she set off her own way. It was for the best that he didn't know, she told herself. She didn't want him to worry.