Request  In-post code storage
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,427 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I'm not too sure if this is feasible for Wolf, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask/suggest it! I've been on other sites where it was possible to save a string of code in a specific profile field and then, when posting, click a button that would pull the code and place it in the post. I know we have the profile options to set font and post width already so I get it if this seems too redundant to be worth the effort, but I also know some people tend to avoid using those profile settings for various reasons (the effect on ooc posts/pawprints and/or the fact that it doesn't show the formatting in the posts in reply mode). If there might be a way to change the latter, that would also be just as good! But again, I get it if neither option is feasible <3 it's a small thing anyway
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I think this could be feasible as a plug-in! I could see it in a couple ways

- a snippets feature that lets you save a code snippet and select it later to insert it

And/or

- a template feature that lets you save a my code template for reuse down the line

What would be neat is that, for each, we could also allow snippets/templates to be shared in a library of sorts for other members to use! If people wanted to check that option. I’ve got a fair list of things I want to do ahead of this, but def interested and think this is a great idea!
-Signing.- | Speaking. | -Signing & speaking.-