Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Pack Formation 
Three inches of snow had fallen overnight, but the next morning delivered a bright blue sky. The sun came out to warm the land and the back of any animal who basked in its rays. Birds, too, sang merrily from the boughs of leafless trees. Njord admired their tune as he slowly walked through the Copse. A good feeling was in his heart. Meerkat’s pregnancy was progressing without complications, @Nyssa had joined their ranks, and @Stingray had come home.

Now, the four adults worked the land to permanently establish their claim. Njord had enjoyed the past five months alone with his wife. Sure, a visitor or two had made their way to this land… but for the most part, it had been just the two of them. A perfect respite from the trials of life. Now, it was time for a new chapter to begin… and Njord couldn’t have been any more excited.

He happened upon a large stump at the center of a glen. He perched atop it and threw back his head to call a long, low howl. Long live Sun Mote Copse!
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The sight of fresh snow drew a sigh from Meerkat. She was ready for spring. She had to admit the copse looked particularly pretty as she draped a threadbare deerskin over her shoulders and set out from The Taigh. She didn’t go far, plodding toward Seal’s Nook, the pups kicking all the while.

When her husband’s voice rose over the bare boughs, Meerkat jerked a little in surprise, then smiled. Without hesitation, she pointed her sandy muzzle skyward, which caused the skin to slide off her shoulders. Rolling her eyes at herself, Meerkat smoothed it out on the snowy ground, plopped down on it, then raised her voice to join the ballad of Sun Mote Copse.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
26 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Morning brought daylight, but also a new coating of snow. Nyssa had been up for several hours already. A weaving trail of fresh pawprints in the snow evidence of her rounds. 

Now, she considered going back to sleep for a little while. She wasn't hungry just yet and she had already did a border check. Plus, there were others to split the chores between.

Then the voices of Njord and Meerkat split the silence of the morning. Joyously crying out, proclaiming their proud claim over the Copse. Nyssa lifted her head, smiling at the sound. At the thought of their unity, of what they had here. She didn't hesitate and raised her muzzle, adding her own sweet, haunting cry.
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
127 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Stingray, unlike everyone else, was still asleep when the howl happened.

Njord's deep timbre woke him with a start and a snort. Up popped his head, dumping snow down his shoulders and into his rapidly blinking eyes. It had settled over him through the night like a cozy woolen blanket. He'd stayed up too late again.

Hauling himself to his feet, Stingray gave a brisk shake and cleared his throat before lifting his voice up to join his parents and a third somebody he hadn't met yet. His voice wavered a little, still thick with sleep, but he was pleased it didn't crackle or squeak. It seemed he was finally past the point in his life where his voice betrayed him in that fashion.

Smacking his lips, Stingray set off in search of a suitable breakfast to share with his mom.