Cedar Sweep We opened a door (we shouldn't have).
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,994 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
References made with Houkie and co's permission. Dated for tomorrow (9/5). :')

Remedy, I wasn't sure if you'd want @Phox present for this so I was vague on purpose; he could be right beside her or elsewhere entirely, lol.

This is wide open!

In hindsight, Towhee wished she'd kept her mouth shut.

Her muscles twitched as @Raven reluctantly stepped back from their final touch, turned slowly and loped away. As the Redhawks' matriarch returned to the glade to prepare her family for yet another uprooting, she left Towhee standing there, screaming internally at her back. The instant Raven vanished from her sight, Towhee's quivering muscles gave out and she sank to the ground. Her whole body quaked and none too gently as her emotions rose up, choking the breath out of her.

Her thoughts were a jumble too. Shouldn't have said shit... fuckin' overreacted... what've I done?... she said they won't go far... fuckin' Blackfeathers!... Rave... god fucking damn it... fuck... She gulped in a deep breath, though she still felt a lot like she had her first day in the grove: like she'd somehow made a terrible mistake; like she couldn't get any fucking air in her lungs; like someone had picked up her world, shaken it badly, breaking and scattering bits and pieces everywhere.

It'd all happened so fast too. Only two days ago, she'd randomly stumbled across Rowan in the ravine. Just yesterday, she'd stood in this very same spot with Fen and cried wolf to the sister packs. And just like that, the collective imploded; as a direct result of that call, the Frosthawks were now making preparations to leave the Teekon Wilds altogether. And Towhee couldn't even blame them for wanting to escape the Blackfeathers, once and for all.

But, still. Even though she knew it had been the right, the only thing to do, Towhee really, really wished she'd just kept her damn mouth shut.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 04, 2019, 09:52 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - September 04, 2019, 11:47 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 06, 2019, 07:33 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - September 07, 2019, 01:36 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 07, 2019, 09:09 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - September 07, 2019, 11:29 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 07, 2019, 03:37 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - September 07, 2019, 06:31 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 08, 2019, 06:35 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - September 13, 2019, 06:21 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - September 17, 2019, 09:47 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - October 02, 2019, 03:56 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - October 21, 2019, 01:37 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - October 23, 2019, 09:21 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - October 25, 2019, 09:26 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Bronco - November 05, 2019, 12:12 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Niamh - November 05, 2019, 12:17 AM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by Towhee - November 11, 2019, 01:20 PM
RE: We opened a door (we shouldn't have). - by RIP Niamh - November 13, 2019, 12:50 AM