Blackfoot Forest Rabenballade.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She could've taken offense, though instead, Towhee barked a laugh. "Actually, Meerkat's doing really well for herself. She's got a guy, probably gonna pop out a few kiddos in the spring. She's living at Duskfire Glacier now, if you wanna show up like you said you wanted to but never did." They were fighting words, although more sarcastic than actually malicious. "She actually did find her bio dad. He's dead. But I'm sure she wouldn't mind catching up with you," she added, still giving off that weirdly casual vibe.

Pippin quickly dropped his own acerbic demeanor. Towhee shrugged at him, as if to say it was okay, she didn't need an apology. And she didn't even blame him. His words definitely didn't help, though she didn't say that. She let him finish, his mention of Wraen's name causing a sinking feeling in her stomach. It had been months now but the grief still felt fresh whenever it revisited her.

Should she tell him? Towhee could be an asshole but there was no part that would delight in dropping this bomb on Pippin. "Wraen died," she said quietly, "in the summer." Thinking about the loss—and Pippin's astute comment—shone some new perspective on her whole situation. "That's the rub, though. In the end, everybody leaves or dies. But now that I have nothing, I have nothing to lose. It sounds emo as fuck but..." But it kind of wasn't?
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Rabenballade. - by Towhee - November 30, 2021, 01:33 PM
RE: Rabenballade. - by Pippin - December 02, 2021, 07:38 AM
RE: Rabenballade. - by Towhee - December 02, 2021, 11:21 AM
RE: Rabenballade. - by Pippin - December 02, 2021, 02:24 PM
RE: Rabenballade. - by Towhee - December 02, 2021, 02:50 PM
RE: Rabenballade. - by Pippin - December 02, 2021, 03:34 PM
RE: Rabenballade. - by Towhee - December 02, 2021, 04:02 PM