Northstar Vale I can take apart the remote control
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,987 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The emotive response caught her by surprise, though Towhee instantly understood. At least, she thought she did. After all, Jack wasn’t the only one who thought young lives sometimes went too fast.

Setting the sleeping Towhee Jr on the soft goatskin, Towhee stood and moved to settle beside her son, pressing her shoulder into his. She angled her face to catch the tears at the corners of his eyes, gently kissing them away.

We can’t stop time or even slow it down. I wish. I wish we could rewind it altogether sometimes, Towhee said in her flat, quiet voice. What we can do is savor it. Make the most of it. Never take any of it for granted.

They weren’t the most comforting words, perhaps, but they were the truth, as far as Towhee knew it. Hopefully these two would simply grow up and find their own place in the world, rather than stop living in it, like Leo had. But the reality was they would very likely leave their family one day. Most did.

You know what I’ll never take for granted? You being here with us, Jackie. I’m so glad, she added, shifting to throw a foreleg over his shoulders and kiss him soundly on the temple.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I can take apart the remote control - by Jack Snipe - March 08, 2023, 04:57 PM
RE: I can take apart the remote control - by Towhee - March 08, 2023, 07:03 PM
RE: I can take apart the remote control - by Jack Snipe - March 08, 2023, 09:34 PM
RE: I can take apart the remote control - by Towhee Jr - March 09, 2023, 05:45 AM
RE: I can take apart the remote control - by Towhee - March 09, 2023, 09:34 AM
RE: I can take apart the remote control - by Jack Snipe - March 11, 2023, 12:12 PM
RE: I can take apart the remote control - by Towhee - March 13, 2023, 11:03 AM
RE: I can take apart the remote control - by Jack Snipe - March 13, 2023, 10:04 PM
RE: I can take apart the remote control - by Sable - March 14, 2023, 08:20 AM
RE: I can take apart the remote control - by Towhee - March 14, 2023, 08:43 AM
RE: I can take apart the remote control - by Jack Snipe - March 14, 2023, 12:25 PM
RE: I can take apart the remote control - by Towhee - March 14, 2023, 12:53 PM