starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
set for the 18th!

With a purpose in his step Charon made his way to the rendezvous site and called for @Hydra that day. The sun was setting and the sky was painted in beautiful oranges and reds and pinks as he watched it from his position at the higher reaches of the rendezvous site, sat upon the cold stone of his mountain. From his call it was evident that he wanted to speak to his daughter and that other company might not be appreciated very much, and he sat and waited for her there.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra seperated from Alya and Lyra both when called, trotting toward her father. She was never one to waste time and did not lally-gag one bit. Upon arrival Hydra did not note the presence of her other siblings or mother—she assumed they were all together. Her tail waved as she bounded upward to meet him on his stony slab, happy as ever to see him.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It didn't take much waiting before Hydra appeared, looking dutiful though happy. Charon's tail waved a few beats and when she reached him he nosed her cheek in a father's affectionate gesture. As she approached he realised how much she'd grown and he almost felt old greeting his adult daughter and knowing that she had once been so small.

After greetings were exchanged Charon got to business quickly. "Hydra," he said, assuming that he actually had Hydra in front of him; he knew they could play pranks still, especially Alya, but it'd gotten easier with time to separate the children and if he would call for one of them specifically, they'd head that call. "You and your sisters are a year old now. Out of the four of you, you're the most strong and mature one, and I want you to take a place in the pack as me and your mother's Beta." He looked at her face, gauging her reaction, though Charon expected no less than acceptance.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to her father speak, and she listened, attention rapt. As he commended her Hydra felt her tail waving again. It took a moment for her to register his final words, though once she did she nodded to him. I would be happy to, she responded. She needn't ask why; he already expressed why. She was the strongest, and the most mature—his words exactly. If he thought she could do it, she absolutely would. She couldn't wait to tell her sisters. Thanks dad, she said with a grin, I won't let you guys down. Hydra had Moonspears interest in mind pretty much always; if anything, this made it increase tenfold.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
you get post 2000! :D

Charon smiled confidently at Hydra, knowing that she would do well. And, considering she had his confidence, he knew that she felt the same way about this — she was his child, after all, so she would do well and excell at this like she did at everything. "I know you won't," he said and he nosed Hydra's cheek fondly.

"Let's tell the pack," he said then, and waited a moment longer in case Hydra had any special wishes (such as telling her sisters privately first) before howling to the pack to inform them.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
YAY! dang congrats!!!

Hydra nodded to her father. His confidence in her only emboldened her futher, and made her all the more eager to assist. When he mentioned telling the pack, Hydra also nodded. Right after they informed the pack, Hydra would of course go to find her mirror images and inform them all about this. Her head was held a little taller, though not to a degree that meant to challenge. Her father knew she'd never challenge him or her mother anyhow, but Hydra would not even give them the idea. She waited for him to begin the call, and her voice would join his thereafter.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
No words of objection followed and so Charon raised his nose into the sky and howled to the pack — @Amekaze (who already knew, of course) @Alya @Lyra @Terance @Wraen @Rouge @Korei Julia @Vela @Galaxy @Jarilo @Olive @Cassiopeia — to inform them that Hydra was now the pack's Beta, and invited them to join the howl. When it was finished, presumably with the joined voices of the pack, Charon looked at Hydra with a proud smile, glad to have a trusty Beta once more, for the first time since Flóki's departure. He'd only once considered another — Pyx — and was reminded of how much he missed her, but there was no mistake that Hydra was a better pick, for she was not only loyal and trustworthy but also strong and good at making decisions.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
lil cameo howl o:
She had gone to lurk higher on the mountain and hunt a bit, mainly in pursuit of a thoughtful solitude as well—that she would find, soon, but her ears twitched when her mate's voice rose up into the winds. Although she knew, expected, and well understood the subject matter of his message, she paused to listen. The real confirmation of it felt good, and truthfully, quite satisfying; Hydra now stood as their beta and without an ounce of doubt in her heart, she was proud.

It was a role few had filled to her. First Jace, then Flóki, and eventually both had gone from her life. A scarce handful of others had entered consideration for the second-spot, yet in the end, none had come to fit nearly as neatly as one of their own daughters—and the fiercest one at that who had proven time and time again that she functioned strongly with  the good of Moonspear, and the family, in the forefront of her mind.

Amekaze tilted back her muzzle and rose her own voice to the cause, singing proudly and happily at that. Very much so, it was good news, and she would have it no other way.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
wrappin' this! <3

The howls of the rest of the pack resounded to proudly honour Hydra's raise to the Beta position, though her mother's voice rose above them all very solidly and clearly. Charon smiled at Hydra, nuzzled her cheek and then said, "Go tell your sisters." Sure, they already knew by now, but if he knew the triplets any, Charon knew that they'd want to discuss this thoroughly among themselves too.