Redhawk Caldera Follow your heart, little child of the west wind.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,994 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Rue mentioned a possibility that had occurred to Towhee too. It was always possible, though she was really and truly starting to understand that her children didn't necessarily subscribe to her visions for them. If Meerkat didn't want leadership, then she would simply have to accept that and support her in the things she did want to do. It sort of fell under the same umbrella as her oath to raise her youngest kids to understand that dispersal was just as viable an option as sticking around.

Pushing all that aside, the Sovereign smiled softly at her friend's counter. It immediately made her think of her recent conversation with Wraen. Could Ruenna be her "old cow"? Then she could fill the other position with a "young buck" (or doe; Towhee was an equal opportunity employer).

"Well, there's more than one position open and a wise woman told me it's good to aspire for diversity in leadership," Towhee replied, leaving it a little open-ended. Just like Meerkat and the rest of her kids, she wanted Rue to decide for herself without direct influence or pressure from her.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Follow your heart, little child of the west wind. - by Towhee - May 12, 2021, 10:05 AM