Ouroboros Spine da homies
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
All Welcome 
He didn’t dare show up at Moonglow again without @Killdeer. It could’ve bothered him, how much Towhee seemed to favor her grandson over her own son, but it didn’t. Caracal found it amusing, actually. And he understood. That little dude was lovable as fuck.

Okay, so, calling for her feels really… stupid… but hopefully somebody overhears and gets her for us, the yearling said to his best buddy just seconds before pointing his foxy little muzzle into the air and howling for his mother by name.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
219 Posts
Ooc — Me
Maybe Caracal would have had better luck at getting his mom, if he was doing ptero very expressively and was standing within her sight. You's disappearance had not gone unnoticed to Kausiut and during the first days she went looking for her mentally challenged and generally very useful friend. But her scent had nearly vanished from the grounds and, when fresh snow fell, it disappeared completely.

This did not mean that she stopped searching - time from time she meandered near borders, keeping an eye for the familiar dark coat with odd markings and filling her time, searching for valuable items to add to her collection. Thus she happened to be in the vicinity, when a loud howl raised in the air. Not knowing much of foreign affairs, Kausiut approached the duo, because she found it weird that a howl would not come from within the pack to call people together, but outside. To draw them out.

Two fellows came into her sight and she stopped in her tracks, watching them distrustfully, unsure, what to do next.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
It had been a nice journey, with Killdeer promising @Fennec and @Bronco he'd be back (at least for a visit). The two boys loped across the wintry landscape, probably wrestling and farting on each other along the way. At last they made it to Moonglow, and Caracal said something before howling.

Why would it be stu— Oh. Duh. Handsome guy, that Killdeer, but a bit slow on the uptake at times.

Towhee hadn't been summoned yet, apparently, for who came to greet them was a girl around their own age. She was very pretty, if an unorthodox beauty. I mean, she was missing an eye. But Killer had grown up around blind and deaf wolves and was, as such, accustomed to all things physical under the sun.

Hey, he said, smiling and wagging his tail just in case she turned out to be deaf. What's up? Um, is Towhee around?

tags for ref!
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
*invades*

Someone requested Towhee, and though Sialuk knew she was no longer here, she felt compelled to answer the call. It had not been a voice that drew a memory, and she was curious to see who called upon Meerkat's mother on this day.

The raindrop arrived to see three wolves standing there, including her sister. A smile pulled at her own lips, coming up alongside Kausiut not long after the question had been posed.

Towhee does not live among us any longer, Sialuk said. She lives in village Mereo. Sialuk let her eyes settle on the others a bit longer, trying to decipher what relation they might be to Towhee.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
When two figures appeared, neither one of them Caracal’s mother, he wasn’t at all surprised. But the first and smaller of the two pale wolves did prompt a double take. She was missing an eye and one of her paws looked like it had been broken. Caracal’s brow knitted.

Killdeer was the first to speak, asking for Towhee by name. It was the second, older she-wolf who answered, her choice of words causing Caracal’s heart to stop. She quickly clarified that she lived someplace called Mereo. He was too busy clutching at his chest to really process that.

Jeez, he wheezed, for a second there, I thought you meant she was dead or something. Caracal laughed weakly before her words caught up to him. Wait, what? What’s a Mereo?

State your name and business, jackass, a voice in the back of his mind whispered. Oh, right, I’m Caracal Redhawk and this is my ride or die, Killdeer. Towhee’s my mom. We were just hoping to visit her and, ah, I mean… I guess the real question I should be asking is where’s a Mereo?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
219 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sialuk arrived and she seemed to be more at ease with the strangers than Kausiut was. After standing there silently for a while, listening to the conversation and at the same time not really being interested in the contents of it, she turned and left the group. They had not seemed dangerous and her sister was a grown up for a reason, wasn't she? She did not need Kausiut's help in defending herself.

Kausiut - out. :)
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He did not assume death when the second wolf came and spoke, and a glance toward Caracal expressed confusion as the boy blanched for a second. Then all was cleared up, and his gaze was only for the two young women, though the one-eyed one departed without another word.

Killer snickered at "ride or die," but otherwise remained silent. He hoped whatever Mereo was wasn't far. He was disproportionate and chubby, and the travels had taken some wind out of his sails. He couldn't do another trek over the hills and far away any time soon.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Her ears pressed against her head at realizing her mistake. She did not wish for Towhee’s family to think her dead, even for a moment.

It is to the east. I have not been there, but it should not be many days travel.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
With their penchant for navigating, the two travelers didn’t really require any further direction than that. Cool! Thanks… He trailed off and raised his eyebrows in invitation for her to supply a name, finishing with, Sialuk!

Waving goodbye, he nudged Killdeer as he said, Come on, let’s get going. I’m starving, so let’s grab something for the road. Nipping at his pal’s shoulder, he began trotting eastward, toward The Heartwood, thinking aloud as he went, Wonder what Mereo’s all about? Well, they’d find out soon enough!