Stavanger Bay Forsythia
Hearthwood
Dancing Queen
1,352 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
For @Vairë and @Rhaegal!
In the end she allowed @Lestan to carry her most of the way to the bay they sought — but not all the way. When it entered their line of sight, she found a renewed strength; one last little burst of energy to draw upon, enough to pitch a small fit and force him to stop and let her find her own footing. She was shaky when she did, and could not take @Blossom from him as she wished —
But she approached the border on her own four feet, and for this small dignity she was grateful. Not many more would be afforded to her before the end, she felt. Reverie didn't wait for Lestan's approval, not this time; she tilted her muzzle skyward and called out for Saltshore, for the husband and wife he had told her about. When the call ended her hind legs folded slightly under her as if she might collapse then and there in the sand, but she steadied herself again and promised silently that she would not rest until her family was settled.
She pressed herself wordlessly to Lestan's side, leaning on him as much as she dared.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
a call rises, though the voice — and faces of the trio as rhaegal makes his way towards them was unfamiliar. and yet, they had called with intention, with knowledge and thus the sveijarn is left to assume ( and willingly does so ) that they knew his doe-wife.

his gaze takes in the pair: the man, the woman pressed against his side and the bairn they kept close.

this be saltshore, he greets, accent thick as syurp, even after all the months of being in the wilds.

i am rhaegal, he offers in introduction. what can i dae for ye?

534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
reverie made it.
there was little more he wanted to do than fuss over her, but he tore his eyes away to glance at the familiar man. rhaegal. 
"vairë; she said i could stay, and i-told her about my family, and n-now we're here. if you'll have us."
but as he spoke, lestan looked to reverie again, embracing her slim shoulders.
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
Hearthwood
Dancing Queen
1,352 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Skippable after this!
She could feel it crumbling away even now, what little strength she still possessed; like clutching sand, it fell through her white-knuckled grip and scattered to the wind. Reverie melted into Lestan's embrace, but it was less a gesture of intimacy and more exhaustion. Still, he was the one she trusted. Reverie let her thoughts drift, comforted by the knowledge that he would handle this. Next time, perhaps, she would try to be the partner he deserved.
Right now she was just so tired.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
it takes rhaegal a moment to remember the man's face and realize that he was not quite such a stranger.

admittedly, delaney forgot about that thread that rhaegal cameo'd in so rhaegal had a serious brain fart as a result.

aye, he hadn't exactly listened in entirely on the conversation his doe wife had with the man: had really only been there to mediate should anything untoward have happened.

saltshore is small, having consisted of just vaire and himself until well ... now. but in time it will grow. a promise becoming real beneath vaire's nurturing. we welcome ye.

a gesture for them to come in is given; followed by a pause. didya need anythin'? food? or ... medicine? i dinnae kin much about healin' but we kin many a healer.

534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"just, rest, for now," lestan said hoarsely, taking a moment to hug reverie closer for a moment, kiss blossom's forehead. "then, y-yes. food, and she needs a healer. the b-birth was too hard on her."
the effort of speaking was great now; quietly he would follow rhaegal into the claim and find a sort of shallow cave before the end of day, where lestan would stash them on a makeshift bed of sedges for now.
"thank you," he said to the saltshore man.
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
right, rhaegal murmurs, leading the way; taking care to adjust his strides so the trio did not have to struggle to keep up with him.

when they reach the place the trio would rest rhaegal fixes lestan in his gaze.

i'll hunt ye somethin' fresh and leave ye in my doewife's care while i grab a healer from one of our sister packs.

already, rhaegal mentally begins to map out his path, knowing that moontide was the closest to them.

we have some soft skins you can have fer yer little one, if she'd like that.

534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
rhaegal proved to be as generous as vaire. lestan guided reverie and blossom to where the man directed, settling gratefully when the time came. "you and your d-doewife, you are blessed wolves," he sighed. "i look forward to being s-strong enough to help you build saltshore."
the ability for speech was rapidly fading from lestan.