Stone Circle gravo
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
All Welcome 
germanicus did not return to kvarsheim with nothing.

on the way from the canyon he had hunted for several furs and brought fish from the mountain lake, wrapped in leaves.

the stone circle was a place of new life when he arrived. he set down his offerings. there was a report to deliver to gunnar, but germancius sensed it must wait, and gathered the things once more, meaning to cache them for another time.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
A ranger haunts the Seer Stones.

So anticipated now is his scarcity, the image of him is a consolation of the wait: like a long cold winter thawing to the advent of Spring. Stranger it would be to her if he chose to stay.

She will strain to her paws and move out into the fields to meet him, jowls laden for the smell of fish. Her tail beats but it’s carefully she will eye him.

“How was the journey?” And then: "How are you?"

“I will call for Gunnar. He is a father now. Four cubs. Can you believe it?” She informs, a bit of bright news. Perhaps she will call for Skáld too, would he like to visit again with the eagle?

A retch of words and ideas. It is in a naive bid to fill this growing void. She remembers their last conversation.

“Let me help.” She lifts a fur.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
had she changed? germanicus did not measure tauris with his tactician's eyes as he might once have done.

life breathed anew among the stones. gunnar, father to four.

alivia. valiria. cornelius. aquillius.

"the journey was rewarding. it was good to know what changes have taken place in akashingo." he did not know how to answer the last. "i am content to be back."

in the end the eagle had not known what leaves to take, and so he had broken many handfuls from various plants in that quiet forest. 

they lay in the bearclaw valley, far enough from kvarsheim to stay hidden, he hoped.

"all right." for once he almost seemed meek.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
There is something dark beneath the hood of his eyes. And because she has never known so great a pain, the Nornir will mistake it for exhaustion.

He overworks himself. He needs rest.

Her smile is soft, “We are happy to see your face here again. However long you choose to stay.”

It’s the first she’s heard of this western pack. She makes a mental note to ask Fig what he might know of it.

A low call is made for @Gunnar as she assembles the pelts across her shoulders. She will eye the fish in temptation- but Germanicus’ company keeps her honest. She grabs a few between her teeth and walks beside the ranger.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
hop in anytime, danni! <3

however long he chooses to stay.

germanicus wished to tell tauris that he did not intend to be gone so long again, that he meant to hunt and devote himself to it.

to kvarsheim, as he had not yet before. seasons extended.

beside her in silence he carried the fish.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
A softly echoed call met his ears and with a soft murmured explanation to Taktuq, he unfurled himself from the den they all shared and headed towards it. Limbs ached and hitch in his hip ever present, but he greeted them both with a smile.

AH Germanicus! It's wonderful to see you back. I hope your trip went well?

A genuine smile for the man. Let bygones be bygones. yes he ahd wronged them, but he was doing his very best to make up for it. That meant something in Gunnar's book. It always did.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
please skip me <3

Gunnar appears through the field, the ever-present ache of bones influencing his pace. She watches their reunion for a moment, a low tail whisking about her legs. Then she begins to organize his stock, laying the fish and stacking the pelts where they may be accessed by any of the pack when needed.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
<3

"hello, gunnar. it went well. we did not stay so long, but it was a welcoming visit."

if gunnar wished to know more, germanicus would speak it.

he lay down his things where tauris placed the others. "congratulations are in order, faðir. to you and to móðir taktuq." his tone was genuine, for he remembered now holding the four of his cubs after their birth.

"what is needed?" he asked now of the leader, yellowpaint eyes flickering between gunnar and tauris.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar listened calmly and then nodded. Was it though? I've not heard good things of this place.

Gunnar chuckled. Thank you, but you will do nothing but rest for a day or two. That was a long journey. They can be both emotionally and physically taxing.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus nodded. "those wicked have passed on. the palace is in better control and is resplendent with many riches that the queen is eager to trade."

he wished a better chapter for akashingo.

gunnar bid him rest and the man nodded, dropping to his haunches with a long sigh. "it is a long march indeed."
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar listened closely and nodded his head. So it was under better leadership that was good. But the new leader were they strong enough to keep it as such. He wasn't sure.

Gunnar watched with gentle bemusement as the once warrior settled to his haunches with a sigh. A frown between his eyes. You push yourself to hard and you bear your burdens to close. You have to set them down someday you know or they will crush you. Trust me I know.

Then the old man shuffled and shifted. His hip hurting. It was no fun to get old.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
gunnar gave very good advice.

germanicus bowed his head beneath it.

if it could be, he would have preferred to have such a man as his father.

perhaps then he would not have become who he did.

his yellowpaint eyes caught the movement, but tactfully germanicus said nothing. "i will go and rest now, to be ready for work as soon as i am able."
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar's advice came at a cost to him. It was lessons he had learned in most cases the hard way.

Gunnar would have gladly honored the mans request to be father. He would adopt all those that needed him if he could.

Rest well and don't push yourself. And if you have someone to visit please take the time to do so. We can wait a bit.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"i will go briefly to riverclan."

but that was all.

germanicus wished to be useful, and understood it could not be done if he did not rest.