Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Private 
only if you have time and you want it. I can open to AW

Etienne didn't know of Anselm had taken the @Widow and it wasn't something he cared to know. But if she was and she did have children. He would see them safe. Firstly he bound his own front paws tight as he could with teeth, reeds and fur.

So with a rabbit on his shoulders and a small pouch of chamomile and raspberry in his maw he went in search of her. Though the latter would only be for later in the pregnancy.

It did not matter that were it true, the widow now had what he coveted and wanted. She still deserved his care.

It made his stomach shaky and part of him wanted to hate her. Fiona too for surely she was next. But he couldn't bring his heart to hold so dark an emotion.

Though the sea railed upon his soul. Angry and discontented in her fury of the sea borns plight.

Golden eyes of gentle kindness and warmth. He watched for Heda. He imagined she would be near Ava.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
heda looked up and her expression tightened in guilt; she looked back quickly toward ava, fussing over the furred coverlet.
his eyes were too kind for what she had done.
heda didn't let her gaze linger on what he had brought when she glanced toward the kindhearted man again. "i have to go — back to where we were. i left something there that i think could comfort her."
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
She looked unhappy to see him. What had he done? He looked at her puzzled, but lay the things down gently.

A ghost of a smile that didn't meet his eyes. I don't need to know anyting. But i bring you c'amomile too to 'elp wit' sleep and rest and keepin' you calm. Dese raspberry leaves are in case you uh are de family way. Towards end dey will help ease your pain. And the rabbit to eat. Make sure eat liver. Very 'ealty for you and dem.

Do you want me to go wit' you? So you not be unoccompanied at dis time?

He looked over Ava. She was healing well. A small smile that did meet his ryes as he looked her over. Sweet daughter of Heda.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
everything etienne said narrowed down to the very pinpoint of family way. she wanted to scream. her body settled for a slight, uncontrolled tremble of ears. "thank you, etienne," heda managed, offering him an easier look now, the same sort of smile that did not touch the expression. "i really am grateful for how much you've helped us."
a breath drawn; she shook her head, following his fonder expression toward ava. "no. i'll be all right." after all, why did it matter if she was alone if she was —
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Her ears trembled and he looked down. I'm sorry, Widow.

A tilt of an ear. I wis' i could make de way of tings different for you.

He meant everything. Her losses. That she could still be back on the isle singing happily. That Caracal was still alive. That she didn't have to be here when she so obviously didn't want to be, that Ava was not hurt. He also wanted it different for himself, but that felt selfish and cruel.

A small huff. It is only w'at a decent sort be doin'. I be 'ealer it be my job.

He nodded. If you be decidin' different. You let me know, yea? Auntie would be cross wit' me if I didn't 'elp you as best i can.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
"i'm sorry too." her voice was going to break like a bend of seaglass beneath the bow of a wave. 
for imposing on his home, for making anselm angrier, for asking so much of the hollow's resources for her daughter while all she could give now was —
"i'll let you know. what you've done for me, for us, has been — magnificent, truly. you don't need to give any more."
she shut her eyes and bent to kiss ava's forehead.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
He blinked studied her face. And he felt like crap. This was his fault. How was it. That hell was paved with good intentions. Maybe not all of it, but this, this current situstion of affairs was. He brought Ava here. He then went and found her mother. So he only had himself to blame. Right.

A laugh dry and brittle, but he nodded. He had already given everything and it was always taken. Always.

Get some sleep, Widow. You call me w'en you be leavin'. I'll sit wit' Ava.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
the laugh was not something she mirrored, but it was something she felt.
mindful of her season, heda gathered herself up and moved past etienne.
for a moment, she warred with herself. then she steadied; heda reached to touch his shoulder.
"thank you."
and it was true in her golden eyes. she was away in the next moment, headed into a treacherous hour.