Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Later, Towhee would marvel at her impeccable timing. She was returning to the rendezvous site following a long and boring patrol. She tried to keep her approach quiet, well aware that this was about the time the pups went down for a nap. Right as she emerged from the long grass onto the cropped sedge of the main clearing, she saw a crimson blur moving toward the pile of sleeping puppies. The mercenary reacted immediately, springing toward the threat and crashing into it, the both of them tumbling and rolling.

Just as soon as Towhee could find purchase, she braced her feet and bore down on—later, she would identify it as a common red fox. Right now, she didn't bother. She simply ripped and tore with her teeth until the small assailant fell limp in a pool of its own blood. Panting, blood frothing on her lips, Towhee pushed away from the kill. It was only a fox—and a small one, at that—but it really could've hurt the pups.

As she waited to catch her breath, Towhee turned to check on @Clover, @Tegan, @Lucca and @Fiadh. Surely the sudden deadly tussle had roused them from sleep.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I taste every molecule. - by Towhee - October 18, 2017, 08:47 AM
RE: I taste every molecule. - by Phox - November 03, 2017, 11:38 AM
RE: I taste every molecule. - by Towhee - November 03, 2017, 05:24 PM
RE: I taste every molecule. - by Phox - November 03, 2017, 09:09 PM
RE: I taste every molecule. - by Towhee - November 05, 2017, 12:19 PM