Heron Lake Plateau No more room in hell.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,984 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Towhee didn't believe in things like bad omens, yet she couldn't help but interpret their ill-fated journey to the caldera as some sort of sign. The place was bad luck, perhaps even cursed ground. And there could be no clearer portent than her dead leg. She should not have gone, should never have let her inkling to travel come to fruition. She had paid the price and now she wouldn't be able to foray again, even if she wanted (which she didn't). In fact, Towhee might never leave the plateau again, once they made the arduous trek back.

Even that wasn't a foregone conclusion—she wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight in her president condition, should a wolf or other predator decide to attack them—but they did finally make it back home. They even made it up onto the plateau proper, though the climb felt like it took ages. Towhee felt utterly spent from the journey and she could only imagine that @Fire and @Tegan must feel similarly. She cast a grateful look to either side, then promptly oozed to the ground.

Her eyes closed for a moment, closing Towhee off to the world. She wasn't worried about her inability to travel again. She was worried about what this injury meant for patrolling and otherwise contributing to the pack. Would @Raven be able to help her? The Beta's eyes fluttered open. She supposed it was a good thing she wasn't in pain, though by now, she knew it didn't bode well at all. Towhee gave her useless leg a baleful look, then glanced sharply away when she saw how the muscles had already wasted a little in only a week's time. Even if she did regain sensation, what if her limb atrophied beyond repair?

-Did one of you call for Rave?- she signed at her two weary traveling companions. Towhee was unable to resist the impulse to add, -I'm really sorry about this, guys.- She had been such a burden since the fall and she hated it. -And thank you,- she was sure to add before her orange eyes dropped to the ground as Towhee contemplated her fate.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
No more room in hell. - by Towhee - September 03, 2018, 09:52 AM
RE: No more room in hell. - by Caiaphas - September 03, 2018, 10:20 AM
RE: No more room in hell. - by Fire - September 03, 2018, 10:22 AM
RE: No more room in hell. - by Tegan - September 03, 2018, 08:14 PM
RE: No more room in hell. - by Towhee - September 07, 2018, 10:08 AM
RE: No more room in hell. - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 05:51 PM
RE: No more room in hell. - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 06:49 PM
RE: No more room in hell. - by Tegan - September 12, 2018, 10:03 AM
RE: No more room in hell. - by Towhee - September 12, 2018, 01:47 PM
RE: No more room in hell. - by Caiaphas - September 15, 2018, 08:26 PM
RE: No more room in hell. - by Fire - September 27, 2018, 09:18 PM